Review master thread

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: Review master thread

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:35 pm

We also don't want this all to end up lifeless like the recommendation forum.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:56 pm

godix wrote:Besides, the idea of posting a thread instead of doing a separate blog was to make it so people didn't have to go out of their way to see it. If the thread is in GAMV then my hope was people would go 'Oh, a new review, I'll read that and join in'. OTOH if it's a subforum, then the only people who will read it are the ones who actively seek it out. There's no chance someone will randomly see a review and join in on a whim. Which eliminates entirely the reason I pushed for doing this on the forums instead of a blog when FC and I were talking about it.
i get what you're saying, i wish there was a way to change the format to where we could have the subforum's threads on the same page as the original forum, just separated or something.

but you've got a point, a subforum would just be a new announcement forum for old videos.

Snowcrash
Org Profile

Post by Snowcrash » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 am

Quiet interesting initiative this review system.
gotegenks wrote:
godix wrote:Besides, the idea of posting a thread instead of doing a separate blog was to make it so people didn't have to go out of their way to see it. If the thread is in GAMV then my hope was people would go 'Oh, a new review, I'll read that and join in'. OTOH if it's a subforum, then the only people who will read it are the ones who actively seek it out. There's no chance someone will randomly see a review and join in on a whim. Which eliminates entirely the reason I pushed for doing this on the forums instead of a blog when FC and I were talking about it.
i get what you're saying, i wish there was a way to change the format to where we could have the subforum's threads on the same page as the original forum, just separated or something.

but you've got a point, a subforum would just be a new announcement forum for old videos.
The subforum could be useful to stock the old reviews following the example of the locked AMV annoucements : after a while the annoucement are locked right ? So you can do a similar system with the reviews : start the thread in GAMV, discuss about the vid, then move it in a subforum to keep a trace of it.

And about a blog, it's a good format as welel, unfortunetaly the visibility is not as good as a forum. Our AMV blog is a good example : few comments and not really a discussion about the vid T_T

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:23 pm

godix wrote:Of course, it's not my call. The admin/mods will decide. I just think they should leave it in GAMV, at least long enough to see if it's a fad that will die out or if it's something that has enough people interested that it could survive in a subforum.
If it does keep up, it might be best to keep the review master thread stickied to GAMV and post the actual review threads in a subforum. In that case, perhaps give the new review threads a special, temporary label inside the list on the review master thread. That way you can easily scroll down the review master thread and pick out the new reviews.
ImageImage

macchinainterna
Org Profile

Post by macchinainterna » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:30 am

Should the situation arise where people begin to post reviews for live action and non-anime music videos in the Gen. Discussion forums, could we add a second masters list for such reviews here?

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:24 pm

macchinainterna wrote:Should the situation arise where people begin to post reviews for live action and non-anime music videos in the Gen. Discussion forums, could we add a second masters list for such reviews here?
In the event that happens, I'll just include them in this thread. If I notice.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:37 pm

wouldn't it make sense to have that master list in gen. discussion?
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

macchinainterna
Org Profile

Post by macchinainterna » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:08 pm

Otohiko wrote:wouldn't it make sense to have that master list in gen. discussion?
If we could get someone with donator's status who'd be willing to start the master thread and keep it updated, then sure.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:39 pm

macchinainterna wrote:
Otohiko wrote:wouldn't it make sense to have that master list in gen. discussion?
If we could get someone with donator's status who'd be willing to start the master thread and keep it updated, then sure.
You know general discussion is currently open to everyone, right? |:

macchinainterna
Org Profile

Post by macchinainterna » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:57 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:
macchinainterna wrote:
You know general discussion is currently open to everyone, right? |:
You still need Donator's status to edit forum posts in it though.

Return to “General AMV”