In case you guys are interested ...

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Warheart
Org Profile

In case you guys are interested ...

Post by Warheart » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:48 pm

in hearing a new Words of Farewell Song:

We uploaded one from our new album onto our facebook page as well as our youtube channel. :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/WordsOfFare ... ature=mhum

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Words-of- ... 019?ref=ts

Feel free to utter any kind of constructive criticism or praise. :)

Ozair
Org Profile

Re: In case you guys are interested ...

Post by Ozair » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:21 pm

sweeet :D

Elcalavero
Org Profile

Post by Elcalavero » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:37 am

:up:

Kai Stromler
Org Profile

Post by Kai Stromler » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:22 pm

:up:

The synth/programmed sections stick out a little, but they fit in well in the song as a whole, and it's not like this is a Raunchy track or anything. Still a metal band. :evil: :evil: The mix and the recording is nice and clear; looking forward to any other tracks/album when it's out.

--K
Shin Hatsubai is a Premiere-free studio. Insomni-Ack is habitually worthless.
CHOPWORK - abominations of maceration
skywide, armspread : forward, upward
Coelem - Tenebral Presence single now freely available

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:57 am

Thanks for the feedback. :)

I gotta say it's the most popish song, not only compositionally but also in terms of sound and so on. I was originally against presenting this song first but we're a democratic band so not much I can do. The other songs will be more complex and less popish trust me. :)

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:51 am

Warheart wrote:I gotta say it's the most popish song, not only compositionally but also in terms of sound and so on. I was originally against presenting this song first but we're a democratic band so not much I can do. The other songs will be more complex and less popish trust me. :)
That's good to hear, because I wasn't quite fond of the song. Seemed quite uninspired to me. But still glad to hear some new stuff from you guys. Looking forward to the album ;)

Ingow
Org Profile

Post by Ingow » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:03 pm

Actually I enjoyed the sound of that new song, I'm still waiting for a 9min progressive-as-fuck genre experiment though. :up:

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:39 am

Ingow wrote:Actually I enjoyed the sound of that new song, I'm still waiting for a 9min progressive-as-fuck genre experiment though. :up:
Well we have some 11/8 - 4/4 polyrhythms and stuff like that but sadly no 9min Song. :(

Magnus
Treasure this time
Org Profile

Post by Magnus » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:26 pm

The cymbals of the drums could use some mastering (somewhat lacked power and volume) to higher its presence.
Loved the lead guitar, although I was expecting a heavier solo, it still sounded really sweet not to mention the great blending of the rhythm. guitar!
Vocals and bass was pretty flawless in its own right to be honest. Vocals sometime felt a bit cluttered together with the guitars though,
can't put my finger on how to mix that out better, but just slightly - it still sounded good, merely a nit-pick. Whispers at 2:33 was fucking sexy!

Not a big fan of the genre in general, mostly because I found this sort of drum-playing rather boring, but you pulled it off nicely!
Just keep working on the mixing and it will sound great :up:

Also, the synth was really out of place. Not the notes, but basically the tune. Would probably have sounded better with, let's say, classic piano?
Oh well, all in all it sounded pretty sweet. Nice to see there are other musicians on this site, especially in this sort of genre! (personally plays the drums in a metalcore-band.)
ImageImageImage

Return to “General Discussion”