Freezing

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Freezing

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:12 am

AniDB wrote:Set in a slightly futuristic world where Earth has been invaded and is at war with aliens from another dimension called the Nova, the story follows the adventures of a Japanese boy named Kazuya Aoi who enrolls for training at a special school for genetically modified girls called Pandoras who battle the aliens, and their male partners, called Limiters, who use a special power called "freezing" to limit their opponent's mobility. The protagonist makes the acquaintance of an unusual older girl named Satellizer L. Bridgette who appears to be the most powerful Pandora in her class, but has not yet chosen a male partner to be her Limiter, and in spite of the warnings of all his friends, he decides to be her Limiter.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: Freezing

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:54 am

author of this series wrote kurokami and zero, two series which I really enjoyed. Problem is it's nowhere near completed (the author has like 5 or 6 series he's working on at the same time so the release rate is really slow) so I have a feeling that this is gonna be a short season with a made up ending :(

anyway, first ep is mainly background and explanation, animation seems fine, hoping this turns out well, the kurokami anime was pretty well put together even though it had a forced ending, hoping for the same here.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:43 pm

Jasta85 wrote:author of this series wrote kurokami and zero, two series which I really enjoyed. Problem is it's nowhere near completed (the author has like 5 or 6 series he's working on at the same time so the release rate is really slow) so I have a feeling that this is gonna be a short season with a made up ending :(
Actually the manga has 9 volumes out atm and is still ongoing. With that many volumes either they have enough material to know where to stop, or they do a second season, imho.

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:00 pm

.. from what little I've seen, Pandora's are their genetic structures -- its the Freeze
that they have not yet learned how to fight! The time is 60 years in our future and
those who are trained were never told about a few that totally adjusted themselves
to LIVE as these new updates!
.. I'll be curious about the 2nd episode and then drop thisa' one.

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:26 pm

Usually it's the original (manhwa in this case) that has the more explicit fanservice. But in the 30-some chapters that have been translated so far, I don't recall seeing actual nipple more than once or twice (shredded clothing, yeah, but full-on exposure, no). The first episode alone had probably five or six shots of visible glass cutters.

On the flip side, though, the gore content was reduced quite a bit from the books. No one getting ripped in half, blown to tiny pieces, or so on (save for an arm falling off). Maybe that'll happen later.

Anyway, this is definitely in my first tier, as I've been looking forward to this getting adapted for a long time.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:29 am

Jasta85 wrote:author of this series wrote kurokami
rofl that's the first thing i thought when i saw the description for this. now i know for sure. not sure if i want to give this a chance ... kurokami was kick ass but i don't see this turning out to be half as good ...

Niwa
Cake Addiction
Org Profile

Post by Niwa » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:28 pm

I've read the manga for awhile now, and I must say, the main character is freaking useless. Sure, he got a special power, but he doesn't use at crucial times which makes it pointless on my opinion. I guess I'll be following it for the animation, but the story so far (on the manga at least) is pretty bad. I was really hoping they would make ''The Legend of Maian'' (which comes from the author) into anime instead.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:14 am

Some of the characters seem interesting (particularly the eyes always shut lady with the intriguing shadow in the ED). Will follow for now.
Under Construction

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:55 pm

Ep 3 .. a plot has finally emerged, and it has the elders showing their age :twisted:

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:55 pm

Ep 4 .. seems there's a lot this series has not covered!
I'm no longer interested but I am just a little curious. Dropped.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”