Trigun: Badlands Rumble

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Trigun: Badlands Rumble

Post by EkaCoralian » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:11 am

Delete postReport this postEdit postReply with quote

Trigun: Badlands Rumble.

Now I loved the start enormously: there's nothing better than flaunting Vash's hilarities.
But once the 50 minute mark hit, I was completely disappoint from there until the end. ._.

The animation was really nice, the remix of Trigun's original OP was brilliant near the end, Vash acting funny was a good choice to start off with, but... geez, some pretty stupid stuff happened from that 50 minute mark and on.
Spoiler :
I'm sorry, but firstly: Madhouse, you don't kill Vash the Stampede. Or moreover, you don't make him willingly fall into Quicksand like a rag doll with him knowing he's alive, and leave him there for hours. Vash would never do that. If he wanted to up and die, he'd do it. He wouldn't fake his own death: there's no reason to do so.
Secondly, Wolfwood was completely thrown in this movie. He had little to no contribution to the continuation of the story besides getting Amelia past Gasback's men, and giving omgalive Vash his glasses back. He joins up with Gasback with hidden intentions never truly revealed in the movie. Unless that was just me: I just find it doubtful he'd do all that to pay off his debt.
Lastly, Amelia as Gasback's daughter. ... No. Not liking this twist. We've all seen the shocking familiar reunion idea before, so this really isn't new. See when she pulled out the robotic arm, I thought Madhouse was going to pull some crazy crap about her having an Angel Arm or something: that would've been sweet, if they'd been able to explain it well. Alas, its just a mechanical glove that Gasback had made himself for his wife so she could come along burglering towns for a living and not get hurt (which she declined anyways. Good for her.) Now, Gasback made that so she could be protected?
"Listen sweetheart, there's going to be lots of violence on our travels. We come prepared with bombs, grenades and such, and all them townspeople normally have a good idea of what they're up against. Bottom line is, you're going to be living in gunfire. ... But don't worry, I made you this extra special glove."
Pardon? xD
Anyways, bottom line is that I thought the movie had a wonderful start (and actually a really awesome final scene, when
Spoiler :
Vash finds the bounty paper for the Dodongo Brothers and Wolfwood interrogates him
) but by around maybe the halfway point, it had me disappointed with its content.
Lovely animation, good soundtrack (ohgosh, that remixed version of its OP theme <3), nice start, but I didn't love it execution in the end. I thought for sure that I'd be buying this movie when it released on DVD/BD, but my mind's been changed. =c

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Re: Trigun: Badlands Rumble

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:13 am

Right on the spot Eka. I was thinking the exact same things. I did really enjoy the movie though, it's great to see new Trigun material as this was one of the shows that got me into anime. Gonna go back and re-watch the series now :3

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:48 am

This was one of the best anime movies I've ever seen. Totally bad ass. Yet hilarious at the same time. They even kept all the same character designs, it was like watching a extended episode. I actually never got around to finishing trigun ... i should get on that.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:13 pm

EkaCoralian wrote:
Spoiler :
Lastly, Amelia as Gasback's daughter. ... No. Not liking this twist. We've all seen the shocking familiar reunion idea before, so this really isn't new. See when she pulled out the robotic arm, I thought Madhouse was going to pull some crazy crap about her having an Angel Arm or something: that would've been sweet, if they'd been able to explain it well. Alas, its just a mechanical glove that Gasback had made himself for his wife so she could come along burglering towns for a living and not get hurt (which she declined anyways. Good for her.) Now, Gasback made that so she could be protected?
Spoiler :
I would actually prefer Amelia being Gasback's daughter, as when she pulled out the arm I thought it would be as you say say, but I was like Aww come on, seriously? But when I found out it was just a glove I was relieved. I mean, if she was like Vash, then why would she be shooting at Gasback when he hijacked the Plant? Plus all her flashbacks showed her as a kid some odd years ago and they wouldn't make any sense.
I was actually surprised to see Wolfwood as I didn't know when this took place in accordance to the series, but I thought his character seemed out of place. But then again, we don't see him and Vash interacting very much in between the end of his contract with Gasback and the time of Vash's fake death. Speaking of which, I myself wasn't really concerned about his fake death, as it left me trying to guess when he'll pop up when Amelia and Wolfwood stormed the castle- err.. hill, or something.
I will actually be looking forward to it's release here in the Stateside :up:
ZephyrStar wrote:I did really enjoy the movie though, it's great to see new Trigun material as this was one of the shows that got me into anime. Gonna go back and re-watch the series now :3
It wasn't one of the anime that got me into anime, but it was most certainly one of the first I had seen when I got into anime, but I agree with this as I too feel like watching the series again.
guy07 wrote:This was one of the best anime movies I've ever seen. Totally bad ass. Yet hilarious at the same time. They even kept all the same character designs, it was like watching a extended episode. I actually never got around to finishing trigun ... i should get on that.
If you like the movie, then yes you should. I know I'll be rewatching the series :up:
Under Construction

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:04 pm

^
Spoiler :
If Amelia was the same as Vash, she could still have flashbacks of when she was younger. Both Vash and Knives were younger in the flashback of their childhood on the spaceship with Rem and the gang.

Also despite being labeled as the 'movie for Trigun fans', isn't it a little strange that Vash did not say 'Love and Peace'?
Seriously, not once. =c

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:31 pm

Spoiler :
But the flashbacks showed her mother. Of course, she could have been adopted, but she's looks quite like her. Well, I guess her mom could have been a plant too, since it's not really clear how plants reproduce (in the anime, at least, never read the manga).

Now that you mention it, it doe seem quite strange he did not say 'Love and Peace,' but at least he seemed distressed when Gasback ruined his donut in the beginning.
Under Construction

Return to “General Anime”