The Happy Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
kenisama
Org Profile

Re: THE HAPPY THREAD

Post by kenisama » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:07 pm

Finally completed the importation of my RockBand 2 tracks (to include the 20 free ones I've been apparently sitting on for the past two years) to my RockBand 3 library. That, along with my DLC and RockBand 1 tracks, I now have a total of 266 songs available for RockBand 3 (not including the ones I haven't unlocked yet)!

Love this game!
George Orwell wrote:People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

ReggieSmalls
Org Profile

Post by ReggieSmalls » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:50 pm

AaronAMV wrote:i got a new monitor that i've been wanting so now i can have a dual screen setup :D

too bad it didn't include a fucking dvi-d cable :|
Same here just got a 22'' TV that I'm gonna use as my new monitor but I forgot to get a dvi-d cable, ah well when I get it ITS ON!! :awesome:
Am I the meanest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the prettiest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town? Sho'nuff!

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:25 pm

Went on an after-Christmas shopping binge today with some Chicago-ans and visitors. First, we went and visited The Bean and watched a zamboni for longer than was appropriate, then we went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch, then to Victoria's Secret where I purchased two super-comfy bras, a Love Spell bath and body travel gift set, along with a bottle of the special edition Love Spell holiday shimmer spray.

Then it was off to a Border's that happened to be closing and was having a clearance sale of everything in the store (!!!!), and I cleaned them out of all the Star Wars book that I didn't previously own (which was only four, actually. I'm not sure if this reflects poorly on their selection, or on how extensive my own collection already is...).

Then, lastly, we went to Old Navy, where I purchased two pink hoodies, two pink shirts, a pair of jeans and a tank top. While it was great to get some stuff that I haven't treated myself to in awhile, it was better just to be able to go out with friends.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:08 am

I got the majority of the parts I'll need to build my new PC. Still need to pickup the case, RAM, a GPU (the on-board GPU wont be able to handle my multiple monitor setup), and a few more HDs, but overall I'm satisfied. The waifu got me Birdy DVD set 1, FMP:Fumoffu BD, a PSN $20 card for Sonic 4, Sonic Colors DS, some new Joe Boxer PJs, and a few more fun stuff. I got cash from my GPs and Top Gun on DVD from our White Elephant Exchange. All in all I think I made out like a bandit. It's been a long 4 straight days of xmas parties and hanging with friends and family. I'm tired, but I enjoyed every min of it. Though I'm thankful for having paid holiday today and my day off tomorrow to rest up. Though I do have an Interview for a new Job tomorrow, which I am also extremely excited for since it is a 2nd interview.
ImageImageImageImage

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:55 am

Due to not being able to get the time off to visit my folks for Christmas itself (was there for thanksgiving for a week and then for another week in the beginning of Dec.) I had no plans for Christmas day and the like besides staying home and being lazy. My co-worker invited me to his place (He's my parent's age, has two sons who are a little younger than me) for dinner and drinks and all that good stuff. Went over, had a great time, had too much food, and some really good wine. Met his dad, who was a spry old dude, and a WW2 vet, started talking with him about various stuff. Got started talking about guns, and my co-worker made mention that they were going to go out to his buddy's land Sunday to shoot for a bit and asked if I wanted to go. Spent yesterday shooting clays and trying to snipe a 2 liter soda bottle with my mosin nagant. Good times had by all.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:31 pm

Sounds rather epic. I wish you had this opportunity when I was over, as Mosin is indeed epic times :P

I go back to Canada tomorrow after almost a month in the US. It was awesome seeing the whole lot of you people (you know who you are) and hanging out. Traveling aside, it was great to just sit down with people I like and do a whole lot of nothing, or watching movies, reading comic books and playing games on consoles I don't have. And Christmas times etc. Just what the doctor ordered for my longest break in 3 years.

I proclaim this to have been the best vacation evar. Thanks again to all those I got to hang out with during this :up:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:07 am

Here in Greece, Santa comes on the 1st of January. So there's still time to put some more presents under the christmas tree :ying:

:bzz: I can't wait to put my hands on the Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock super bundle i bought myself :bzz2:

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:30 pm

I am very depressed, and that makes me very happy.
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:04 am

HAPPY new year everyone. Except Dom, cause clearly he's not a fan of that.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:00 pm

Fuck New Years, one year left to go ;_;

and um......what to talk about

Return to “General Discussion”