Sony Vegas 10

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
post-it
Org Profile

Re: Sony Vegas 10

Post by post-it » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:59 pm

pan_dbgt01 wrote:Always update your codecs.
I'm running Pro 10 64 and Magix 17 Pro 64 .. that Codec
doesn't seem to be making any noticeable difference -- at all!??

There is aways the possibility that your CRC values didn't match .. ( old school troubleshooting )

The Pro 10 32 does work on my 64 laptop .. but its buggy !!!!

.. can someone confirm this 64 bit codec for me; "where's Zero1 when you need him T_T" !!!

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:15 am

post-it wrote:
pan_dbgt01 wrote:Always update your codecs.
I'm running Pro 10 64 and Magix 17 Pro 64 .. that Codec
doesn't seem to be making any noticeable difference -- at all!??

There is aways the possibility that your CRC values didn't match .. ( old school troubleshooting )

The Pro 10 32 does work on my 64 laptop .. but its buggy !!!!

.. can someone confirm this 64 bit codec for me; "where's Zero1 when you need him T_T" !!!
Huh? LOL I just render and hope it works. I still can't get UTVideo to play. Do you know how to get that to work?

digifreak
Org Profile

Post by digifreak » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:38 pm

I downloaded the trial of Vegas 10, and have the same problem. It would load AVIs. They're lossless huffyyuvs. Is this a problem with Vegas 10 or is it a trial limitation?

digifreak
Org Profile

Post by digifreak » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:39 pm

*wouldn't*

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:43 pm

Have you tried using lagarith or UTvideo instead of huffyuv?

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:27 pm

AimoAio wrote:Have you tried using lagarith or UTvideo instead of huffyuv?
I really don't care for Lagarith or Huffyuv, I use CorePing. I found the msi's for 32 & 64 bit UTv
and all I'm finding are limitations as to its coding: this was not very-well thought-out!

I encoded 20 seconds of a movie encoded to UTv 32 via AviDemux.
Avidemux will play it back; Sony 10 Pro doesn't even recognize it! Magix 17 played it.
I later encoded 15 seconds with Virtual Dub to UTv 32 and the same thing happened!
Avidemux will play it back; Sony 10 Pro, Magix 17 and Virtual Dub won't recognize the encode.

I'm un-installing it as I write this.

I keep things simple: either everything works with it or it gets erased!

Cannonaire
Org Profile

Post by Cannonaire » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:19 pm

post-it wrote:I really don't care for Lagarith or Huffyuv, I use CorePing. I found the msi's for 32 & 64 bit UTv
and all I'm finding are limitations as to its coding: this was not very-well thought-out!
What kind of limitations have you found in UTVideo? Also, do you mean CorePNG? If you do, it doesn't seem like a very good codec at first glance. I found these problems in the notes: 1. It is slower to encode than Huffyuv.
2. It is usually slower to decode than Huffyuv.
It also uses 3 separate PNG images per frame in YUV mode, which can't be good for encoding/decoding speed or filesize.
post-it wrote:I encoded 20 seconds of a movie encoded to UTv 32 via AviDemux.
Avidemux will play it back; Sony 10 Pro doesn't even recognize it! Magix 17 played it.
I later encoded 15 seconds with Virtual Dub to UTv 32 and the same thing happened!
Avidemux will play it back; Sony 10 Pro, Magix 17 and Virtual Dub won't recognize the encode
That's really odd. I don't believe I've ever seen VirtualDub fail to open UTVideo, even when nothing else would. Speaking of UTVideo, for the most part it works great. Sometimes I'll have issues if the video isn't mod16, but this is pretty easy to work around. I've had only one single instance where a clip just wouldn't work with Vegas, and in that case I encoded that single clip with Lagarith, but aside from that it's been perfect and quite fast for NLE use. If I were to guess, I would say AviDemux is the culprit, and you would probably get perfectly working encodes if you used VirtualDub.

Bottom line: I use UTVideo in Vegas 10, and I've had very little trouble. I honestly think that it's AviDemux that is causing you problems. When I have some time later I'll try it out myself to confirm, cause I like free software. Image
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.

Natsuzje
Org Profile

Post by Natsuzje » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:12 pm

Vegas Pro9 is better than Pro10 (in my opinion :P) the load times are better and its not lagging on low-end PC-s.
Pro10 is lagging liek hell 4 me with 3-4 effects :down: but Pro9 doesnt with about 12-13 :up:

Cannonaire
Org Profile

Post by Cannonaire » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:20 am

Hey post-it, I'm trying out Avidemux but I'm having trouble trying to do a few things with it. I would have contacted you via PM, but it doesn't let me for some reason. In any case, I've already found it to be a useful tool. :o

It's just really odd that UTVideo didn't work for you in Vegas. I'm interested in figuring out why if you even care any more, because in my experience it really is worth it for decoding time and file size.
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.

steelbaz
Org Profile

Post by steelbaz » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:45 pm

Vegas 10 64 bit is an unfinished and buggy platform. It wouldn't open AVI's despite despit vegas 8 and 9, 64 bit doing so flawlessly. The 32 bit version opens AVI's fine but has some rendering issues. Overall Vegas 10 was just rushed out the door and still needs a lot of work.

You can google Vegas 10 pro and AVI problems, and get thousands of hits on it. I would reccomend version 8 or 9 until an updated version 10 drops.

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”