Merchandise wise, what are you buying?

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Re: Merchandise wise, what are you buying?

Post by EkaCoralian » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:39 am

Well all of my merchandise is kept on one thin (but pretty tall) bookshelf, where my DVDs and soundtracks cover two shelves, and my manga three.
I also have a random VHS & a recently-bought DVD of Season 1 of Johnny Bravo in there, but I've been meaning to put those back downstairs sometimes. xD;

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:44 pm

Kionon wrote:I'm out of the loop on Western fandom, but what are all the kiddies these days buying? What series and what type of merchandise?
This is in general anime so despite the answers already given I am going to assume you mean specifically anime goods.

My answer would be that simply put the kiddies aren't buying and will not in the future. The incoming generation of fans is the ipod/youtube/facebook generation and are interested more in services than physical goods. They are not the ones who are buying the actual anime DVDs right now and that's why all these companies got in deep shit. It's simply not in this generation's system.

As for anime merchandise no matter how well some stuff sells at a con or at online stores no one is ever going to make enough money on anime merch over here to make a big retail presence chain or a megastore because there is no central shopping repository that the fan community can go to like Akiba in Japan. The USA fan community alone is spread out all over the place.

If you want this thread to be a post about what anime goods or whatnot we bought recently I could supply a few items.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:31 am

Actually, outlawed, that was exactly what I was asking. I had guessed at that myself, but had no firsthand experience. I wanted people to chip in and tell me just what the dealers' room scenes are like, etc. Figure.fm would seem to suggest that people are buying merchandise still, but maybe not as large a percentage as our generation? Our generation was still very STUFF based, and at least for KOR, I am still very much like that.

Feel free to post latest acquisitions, as it is related, sorta, but you're no more one of the "kiddies" than I am.

Also, Cannonaire, your idea of old amuses me.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Cannonaire
Org Profile

Post by Cannonaire » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:44 am

Well if it isn't old, it sure is hard as hell to find! But yeah, I would love to find some good Macross/Robotech stuff (not that I have any money).
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:49 am

Click on the Minmay.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Cannonaire
Org Profile

Post by Cannonaire » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:27 am

Kionon wrote:Click on the Minmay.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAHAA :rofl: HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA
[...]laughter truncated[...]!!1one

Can't believe I missed that before, but I love it. Macross Plus and Do You Remember the Love are what got me into anime, though I did watch Robotech on Saturday mornings in the 80s (I'm 24 now, so I take my older brother's word for it).

Back on topic, I almost bought a Macross II wall scroll at Kumoricon a few years ago, but I just couldn't justify spending money on anything Macross II.
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:44 am

Just bought a figurine of Spec. 2 of the Nirvash typeZERO off of eBay.
Loving life. :up: <3

The wait's gonna kill me. ;_;

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:48 am

Just bought Harriet S2, Lucky Star(finally), Gurren Lagann(finally), and a couple of damn nice Railgun figures. Misaka and Kuroko (Kuroko in JUDGEMENT DESU pose)

Saijiki
Org Profile

Post by Saijiki » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:28 pm

i would say the number one for guys is games !!! for girls....i dont have a clue i guess everything...
YÜÜÜÄÄÄÄÄHHRRRRR!

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:27 pm

Well I just ordered the Heroman Music Collection from Amazon. c:
Its too bad I'll have to wait until after Christmas for it to be delivered though. =c I'll be living off the Heroman & Joey theme from Youtube while I wait. :I

Return to “General Anime”