The Org Redesign - What's wrong with the org?

Re: The Org Redesign - What's wrong with the org?

Postby Kaream » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:48 am

Begi wrote:
BastAmv wrote:The only thing I disagree with is the beta testing sub-forum. And Nikola shut the fuck up <3 , in any case you're late and we've been talking about this for ages.
A random sub-forum would encourage "editors to interact with each other" in every way, doesn't have to be about amvs on this site all the time. I know a couple folks get sick of that. A sub forum will encourage closure more fun around the community . I swear this would make the org a much better place rather than a beta-testing forum.


Thanks for twisting my post.
"encourage editors to interact with eachother about AMVs"

If this site wasn't for AMVs, I'm pretty sure the name of the damn website wouldn't include the words "anime music videos" in it . The donator's forum is pretty much everything unreleated to AMVs (even though I am not a donator and don't really know what goes on there). If people are sick of AMVs, why in the living fuck would they come to this site? That makes no sense at all.
And please explain how a random sub-forum would help? If you wanna chat with editors about random bullshit, there is a chatroom for that. If you don't wanna use the chatroom then you should probably give a few bucks to use the donator's forum. We don't want your bullshit spammed all over the front pages of the forum.


Begi anything evolving you usually ends up with trouble and trolling.
How would it hurt to give more variety to this site? You clearly are never on the chatrooms nor do you know anybody here and you wouldn't know what many people would want so shut the fuck up and listen. Random-sub forum would get users to interact with each other far much more than a beta testing forum. Always expect fun and different topics, it could be from jokes to people talking about there perspectives towards different subjects etc. Socialization around this site would boost up things. And from what I know random topics on the amv general get much more response than beta testing topics on the op exchange but they end up being moved to the donater's forum.
Anyways, people have already addressed this issue, and this is not going to lead anywhere besides more arguing, I know you and you will always stand by your statements, so if you still want to discuss this matter take to the pms or msn.
Image
User avatar
Kaream
 
Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Location: California

Re: The Org Redesign - What's wrong with the org?

Postby gotegenks » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:11 pm

kaream...are you talking about an ot forum? That's been argued so many times and i don't think anything will happen by convincing begi...
Image
User avatar
gotegenks
 
Joined: 03 Oct 2009
Location: charlesgood, california

Re: The Org Redesign - What's wrong with the org?

Postby Enigma » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:04 pm

If there was an OT forum though, i can imagine most threads getting barely 5 posts anyway.....liek dat amv anouncment plaec
User avatar
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
 
Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Location: California
Status: Free

Re: The Org Redesign - What's wrong with the org?

Postby Begi » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:48 pm

BastAmv wrote:Begi anything evolving you usually ends up with trouble and trolling.
How would it hurt to give more variety to this site? You clearly are never on the chatrooms nor do you know anybody here and you wouldn't know what many people would want so shut the fuck up and listen. Random-sub forum would get users to interact with each other far much more than a beta testing forum. Always expect fun and different topics, it could be from jokes to people talking about there perspectives towards different subjects etc. Socialization around this site would boost up things. And from what I know random topics on the amv general get much more response than beta testing topics on the op exchange but they end up being moved to the donater's forum.
Anyways, people have already addressed this issue, and this is not going to lead anywhere besides more arguing, I know you and you will always stand by your statements, so if you still want to discuss this matter take to the pms or msn.


I don't evolve though?
How do you know if I don't know anyone and how is that even relevant? I gave my opinion and now you're crying. Sure, users would probably interact more on a random sub-forum, but I said about AMVs, and an OT forum wouldn't accomplish that much. Next time, before you get butthurt and rage take the time to actually read.

Anyways, I think the problem here is that we aren't really able to identify what the problem really is. Imo, I still think there isn't enough interaction *ABOUT AMVs* but also, it seems rather difficult to watch videos. I sure as hell wouldn't want this site to become like YouTube, but there should be an easier method to find videos and watch them. I think we should take a look at what we are trying to accomplish here from the perspective of a viewer, not an editor. The editor's features could be discussed later.
ORACLE - COMING SOON
User avatar
Begi
 
Joined: 25 Nov 2008
Location: Detroit, Michigan, U.S.

Re: The Org Redesign - What's wrong with the org?

Postby Kaream » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:05 pm

Begi wrote:
BastAmv wrote:Begi anything evolving you usually ends up with trouble and trolling.
How would it hurt to give more variety to this site? You clearly are never on the chatrooms nor do you know anybody here and you wouldn't know what many people would want so shut the fuck up and listen. Random-sub forum would get users to interact with each other far much more than a beta testing forum. Always expect fun and different topics, it could be from jokes to people talking about there perspectives towards different subjects etc. Socialization around this site would boost up things. And from what I know random topics on the amv general get much more response than beta testing topics on the op exchange but they end up being moved to the donater's forum.
Anyways, people have already addressed this issue, and this is not going to lead anywhere besides more arguing, I know you and you will always stand by your statements, so if you still want to discuss this matter take to the pms or msn.


I don't evolve though?
How do you know if I don't know anyone and how is that even relevant? I gave my opinion and now you're crying. Sure, users would probably interact more on a random sub-forum, but I said about AMVs, and an OT forum wouldn't accomplish that much. Next time, before you get butthurt and rage take the time to actually read.

Anyways, I think the problem here is that we aren't really able to identify what the problem really is. Imo, I still think there isn't enough interaction *ABOUT AMVs* but also, it seems rather difficult to watch videos. I sure as hell wouldn't want this site to become like YouTube, but there should be an easier method to find videos and watch them. I think we should take a look at what we are trying to accomplish here from the perspective of a viewer, not an editor. The editor's features could be discussed later.


You're the one who was bothered enough to start this conversation and now my butt is the one that's aching? lol.
Again most of the issues have already been addressed including the ones you just mentioned. And as far as I know every forum on this site is relatively related to amvs o.0
And video streaming was only made for preview purposes, you're expected to download the video and watch it. Thought you didn't want this site to become more like youtube, right? Besides I don't really think people are in favor with this as an issue. Though I do agree the search engine should be upgraded.
And I guarantee you 110% it will be 10 times more successful than a beta testing forum.
Image
User avatar
Kaream
 
Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Location: California

Re: The Org Redesign - What's wrong with the org?

Postby Begi » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:35 pm

BastAmv wrote:And yeah Beta testing sub-forums sounds like one of the most useless things.
Rather make a random sub-forum where everyone can interact and keep the community flowing.


I started it?

Every forum on this site is related to AMVs, but a random sub-forum would not be. And of course you would misunderstand what I said. What I meant by this not becoming like YouTube was literally that. Just because we have video previews doesn't mean we are automatically like YouTube, dumbfuck. We don't have a favorites system, a channel comment system, etc/all the other bullshit that YouTube has. So explain to me how having video previews is like YouTube? You still have to go look for the video and click multiple things to actually preview it. YouTube is a 2-click thing. Get your shit straight, mane.
ORACLE - COMING SOON
User avatar
Begi
 
Joined: 25 Nov 2008
Location: Detroit, Michigan, U.S.

Re: The Org Redesign - What's wrong with the org?

Postby Arigatomina » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:18 pm

Does anyone arguing in favor of a beta-testing subforum plan to actually use it? Is anyone fighting in this thread going to post their betas or watch other people's betas if we get this subforum? If the answer is no, then stop pushing it onto other people who aren't going to use it, either.

If the idea is to lure in new members who'd want to use it, then you're going to have to find some people willing to watch these things first. New members would only come here for our sparkling new beta-sharing subforum if they thought experienced editors here would be willing to go into that subforum and watch the betas they share in there. Are there any experienced editors here willing to watch these betas if new people were lured into the forum by a beta-sharing subforum?

What's wrong with the org is that people aren't watching as many amvs as they used to and when they *do* watch one, they leave nothing to show that they've watched that vid. That especially goes for the people posting in this forum. You're not willing to watch new editors' vids, you're not willing to op vids, you're not willing to give a beta the time of day, and the few vids you do watch you don't even bother to drop a QC for. I'd wager half the editors on this forum don't even like watching amvs anymore unless the vids are their own or their rival/idol/friend's vids. On a site where everyone makes and no one watches, it's no wonder the activity is dropping off. Making new creator-related subforums for the org isn't going to help if you have no one here willing to watch the creations.
User avatar
Arigatomina
 
Joined: 03 Apr 2003

Re: The Org Redesign - What's wrong with the org?

Postby Begi » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:21 pm

Arigatomina wrote:What's wrong with the org is that people aren't watching as many amvs as they used to and when they *do* watch one, they leave nothing to show that they've watched that vid. That especially goes for the people posting in this forum. You're not willing to watch new editors' vids, you're not willing to op vids, you're not willing to give a beta the time of day, and the few vids you do watch you don't even bother to drop a QC for. I'd wager half the editors on this forum don't even like watching amvs anymore unless the vids are their own or their rival/idol/friend's vids. On a site where everyone makes and no one watches, it's no wonder the activity is dropping off. Making new creator-related subforums for the org isn't going to help if you have no one here willing to watch the creations.


That.
ORACLE - COMING SOON
User avatar
Begi
 
Joined: 25 Nov 2008
Location: Detroit, Michigan, U.S.

Re: The Org Redesign - What's wrong with the org?

Postby gotegenks » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:56 pm

Arigatomina wrote:Does anyone arguing in favor of a beta-testing subforum plan to actually use it? Is anyone fighting in this thread going to post their betas or watch other people's betas if we get this subforum? If the answer is yes, at least gote will.
Image
User avatar
gotegenks
 
Joined: 03 Oct 2009
Location: charlesgood, california

Re: The Org Redesign - What's wrong with the org?

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Enigma wrote:If there was an OT forum though, i can imagine most threads getting barely 5 posts anyway.....liek dat amv anouncment plaec

There's no IF about it. There IS one and it really doesn't get many posts.
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2014 & Head of the AAC Fan-works Theater - follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/AACFanTheater
:sorcerer: :sorcerer: |RD: "Oh, Action!" (side-by-side) | |
User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
 
Joined: 14 Sep 2004
Location: Merrimack, NH
Status: Extreeeeeeeeeme

Re: The Org Redesign - What's wrong with the org?

Postby gotegenks » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:41 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
Enigma wrote:If there was an OT forum though, i can imagine most threads getting barely 5 posts anyway.....liek dat amv anouncment plaec

There's no IF about it. There IS one and it really doesn't get many posts.

that's in the donator's forum though, i don't know what percentage of people who frequent the Org are donators but i'd imagine it's not huge (or maybe it is, i really have no clue)

but an OT forum's activity DOESN'T MATTER AT ALL, so who cares if it isn't as active as the announcement forums, in fact, i would hope it wouldn't be but i'm still in favor of one.
Image
User avatar
gotegenks
 
Joined: 03 Oct 2009
Location: charlesgood, california

Re: The Org Redesign - What's wrong with the org?

Postby godix » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:47 pm

You know after reading this thread, I'm more impressed than ever by the remarkable restraint G_Q, Doki, Sanya, etc display. I have no idea how they have managed to not pick up a stick and beat org users like a spastic 5 year old on a sugar high trying to break open a pinata full of candy.
Image
User avatar
godix
a disturbed member
 
Joined: 03 Aug 2002

Re: The Org Redesign - What's wrong with the org?

Postby Chained(E)Studio » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:48 pm

Hmmm.. I mostly just wanted to post in my own thoughts about some of the things I've been reading/ glancing over. I mostly wanted to ask, "What ever happened to just private messaging someone?" No offence to anyone, but I think a lively chatroom would be nice, and skype features and so forth so people can interact with each other, and a beta section might even be nice. BUT honestly, if you want to communicate with editors and everyone on here, why not just pm? You want a beta tester, why so hesitant to just pm and ask?

I've done it a few time, and I've actually slowly communicated with a few people on here, before slowing moving to msn, or skype. all it takes is not looking for the "easy" option. If you like an editors work, just "try" private messaging them. The worse that can happen is they don't reply. And well, I haven't pmed a lot of editors, but no one has never not replied back.

Also, I think having access to deleted your videos would generally be bad. When I looked at ukms[z] who is my absolute favourite editor, I adore his works, and love watching his videos. What if he came to the point where he thought, well I think I want to remove my videos. He hasn't edited in a really long time. But think if he removed his videos, then yes their would be youtube, and private sharing. BUT eventually youtube deletes AMV's, due to BOTH anime and music. So what if eventually his works just "disappeared" Then someone like me (though keep in mind I do have his works downloaded xD) but say I didn't and I was new, and I never stumbled onto his video Reflections and was never as inspired to edit as I was when I first seen that video. Well quite frankly, I wouldn't be editing. In fact I think very slowly AMVing would disappear. Because people can't keep making accounts on youtube, but one day it will eventually just stop. One day how do we not know that youtube will block everything from music, to anime, to tv shows and so forth. We dont.

Then here on the org, would still have all those precious AMV's the ones that started everything and inspired people, probably some of you too. But if you allowed people to delete them. Then there would only be messaging systems, and that doesn't reach new editors, who are too scared to send a simple pm. I really think its important we don't allow that deleting option, because I want to be able to view my favourite AMV's forever, even though they are downloaded/downloadable( not the point), I want them to be viewed by new editors along the generations too. Not just stop here.
Image
User avatar
Chained(E)Studio
 
Joined: 14 Jul 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: The Org Redesign - What's wrong with the org?

Postby MycathatesyouAMV » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:47 am

Arigatomina wrote:Does anyone arguing in favor of a beta-testing subforum plan to actually use it? Is anyone fighting in this thread going to post their betas or watch other people's betas if we get this subforum? If the answer is no, then stop pushing it onto other people who aren't going to use it, either.

If the idea is to lure in new members who'd want to use it, then you're going to have to find some people willing to watch these things first. New members would only come here for our sparkling new beta-sharing subforum if they thought experienced editors here would be willing to go into that subforum and watch the betas they share in there. Are there any experienced editors here willing to watch these betas if new people were lured into the forum by a beta-sharing subforum?

What's wrong with the org is that people aren't watching as many amvs as they used to and when they *do* watch one, they leave nothing to show that they've watched that vid. That especially goes for the people posting in this forum. You're not willing to watch new editors' vids, you're not willing to op vids, you're not willing to give a beta the time of day, and the few vids you do watch you don't even bother to drop a QC for. I'd wager half the editors on this forum don't even like watching amvs anymore unless the vids are their own or their rival/idol/friend's vids. On a site where everyone makes and no one watches, it's no wonder the activity is dropping off. Making new creator-related subforums for the org isn't going to help if you have no one here willing to watch the creations.



I'd love to use it and would really like one.
Talk to me on skypes and stuffs: Mycathatesyou0000
User avatar
MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
 
Joined: 06 Feb 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Status: Looking for candy

Re: The Org Redesign - What's wrong with the org?

Postby Kaream » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:51 am

Begi wrote:
BastAmv wrote:And yeah Beta testing sub-forums sounds like one of the most useless things.
Rather make a random sub-forum where everyone can interact and keep the community flowing.


I started it?

Every forum on this site is related to AMVs, but a random sub-forum would not be. And of course you would misunderstand what I said. What I meant by this not becoming like YouTube was literally that. Just because we have video previews doesn't mean we are automatically like YouTube, dumbfuck. We don't have a favorites system, a channel comment system, etc/all the other bullshit that YouTube has. So explain to me how having video previews is like YouTube? You still have to go look for the video and click multiple things to actually preview it. YouTube is a 2-click thing. Get your shit straight, mane.


And yes I misunderstood because you're horrible at stating what you mean.
Where the hell are you going with this? Stop stirring up my post.

Begi wrote:it seems rather difficult to watch videos. there should be an easier method to find videos and watch them.



BastAmv wrote:video streaming was only made for preview purposes, you're expected to download the video and watch it.


What part of that do you not understand. If you're concluding that even non-org users should be able to watch videos then that's something the admins wouldn't want.
Anyways I'm done with this, you've always been a stubborn little man that never stops. I don't wanna create a scene here so if you still want to discuss this take it to the pms otherwise I wont respond to any more spam.
Image
User avatar
Kaream
 
Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Location: California

PreviousNext

Return to Org Redesign

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest