The Org Redesign - What's wrong with the org?

Kaream
Org Profile

Re: The Org Redesign - What's wrong with the org?

Post by Kaream » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:19 am

And yeah Beta testing sub-forums sounds like one of the most useless things.
Rather make a random sub-forum where everyone can interact and keep the community flowing.

Begi
Org Profile

Post by Begi » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:03 pm

BastAmv wrote:And yeah Beta testing sub-forums sounds like one of the most useless things.
Rather make a random sub-forum where everyone can interact and keep the community flowing.
How the fuck will a random sub-forum " keep the community flowing"? Are you fucking stupid? That doesn't help. The main point we were trying to get across with the beta test subforum topic was to try and encourage editors to interact with eachother about AMVs and encourage people to actually make better videos.

The option to watch videos without having to log in is a good idea. I think the preview option would be more appropriate because the fact that the viewer might want to watch a video in it's entirety would actually attract the viewers to register and become members. Also, you could still be able to give star ratings so I think it would work out much nicer.

Kaream
Org Profile

Post by Kaream » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:44 pm

Begi wrote:
BastAmv wrote:And yeah Beta testing sub-forums sounds like one of the most useless things.
How the fuck will a random sub-forum " keep the community flowing"? Are you fucking stupid? That doesn't help. The main point we were trying to get across with the beta test subforum topic was to try and encourage editors to interact with eachother about AMVs and encourage people to actually make better videos.

The option to watch videos without having to log in is a good idea. I think the preview option would be more appropriate because the fact that the viewer might want to watch a video in it's entirety would actually attract the viewers to register and become members. Also, you could still be able to give star ratings so I think it would work out much nicer.
The only thing I disagree with is the beta testing sub-forum. And Nikola shut the fuck up <3 , in any case you're late and we've been talking about this for ages.
A random sub-forum would encourage "editors to interact with each other" in every way, doesn't have to be about amvs on this site all the time. I know a couple folks get sick of that. A sub forum will encourage closure more fun around the community . I swear this would make the org a much better place rather than a beta-testing forum.

Begi
Org Profile

Post by Begi » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:28 pm

BastAmv wrote: The only thing I disagree with is the beta testing sub-forum. And Nikola shut the fuck up <3 , in any case you're late and we've been talking about this for ages.
A random sub-forum would encourage "editors to interact with each other" in every way, doesn't have to be about amvs on this site all the time. I know a couple folks get sick of that. A sub forum will encourage closure more fun around the community . I swear this would make the org a much better place rather than a beta-testing forum.
Thanks for twisting my post.
"encourage editors to interact with eachother about AMVs"

If this site wasn't for AMVs, I'm pretty sure the name of the damn website wouldn't include the words "anime music videos" in it . The donator's forum is pretty much everything unreleated to AMVs (even though I am not a donator and don't really know what goes on there). If people are sick of AMVs, why in the living fuck would they come to this site? That makes no sense at all.
And please explain how a random sub-forum would help? If you wanna chat with editors about random bullshit, there is a chatroom for that. If you don't wanna use the chatroom then you should probably give a few bucks to use the donator's forum. We don't want your bullshit spammed all over the front pages of the forum.

AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Org Profile

Post by AaronAMV » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:45 pm

Begi wrote:We don't want your bullshit spammed all over the front pages of the forum.
i found this rather amusing

Kaream
Org Profile

Post by Kaream » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:48 am

Begi wrote:
BastAmv wrote: The only thing I disagree with is the beta testing sub-forum. And Nikola shut the fuck up <3 , in any case you're late and we've been talking about this for ages.
Thanks for twisting my post.
"encourage editors to interact with eachother about AMVs"

If this site wasn't for AMVs, I'm pretty sure the name of the damn website wouldn't include the words "anime music videos" in it . The donator's forum is pretty much everything unreleated to AMVs (even though I am not a donator and don't really know what goes on there). If people are sick of AMVs, why in the living fuck would they come to this site? That makes no sense at all.
And please explain how a random sub-forum would help? If you wanna chat with editors about random bullshit, there is a chatroom for that. If you don't wanna use the chatroom then you should probably give a few bucks to use the donator's forum. We don't want your bullshit spammed all over the front pages of the forum.
Begi anything evolving you usually ends up with trouble and trolling.
How would it hurt to give more variety to this site? You clearly are never on the chatrooms nor do you know anybody here and you wouldn't know what many people would want so shut the fuck up and listen. Random-sub forum would get users to interact with each other far much more than a beta testing forum. Always expect fun and different topics, it could be from jokes to people talking about there perspectives towards different subjects etc. Socialization around this site would boost up things. And from what I know random topics on the amv general get much more response than beta testing topics on the op exchange but they end up being moved to the donater's forum.
Anyways, people have already addressed this issue, and this is not going to lead anywhere besides more arguing, I know you and you will always stand by your statements, so if you still want to discuss this matter take to the pms or msn.

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:11 pm

kaream...are you talking about an ot forum? That's been argued so many times and i don't think anything will happen by convincing begi...

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:04 pm

If there was an OT forum though, i can imagine most threads getting barely 5 posts anyway.....liek dat amv anouncment plaec

Begi
Org Profile

Post by Begi » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:48 pm

BastAmv wrote:Begi anything evolving you usually ends up with trouble and trolling.
How would it hurt to give more variety to this site? You clearly are never on the chatrooms nor do you know anybody here and you wouldn't know what many people would want so shut the fuck up and listen. Random-sub forum would get users to interact with each other far much more than a beta testing forum. Always expect fun and different topics, it could be from jokes to people talking about there perspectives towards different subjects etc. Socialization around this site would boost up things. And from what I know random topics on the amv general get much more response than beta testing topics on the op exchange but they end up being moved to the donater's forum.
Anyways, people have already addressed this issue, and this is not going to lead anywhere besides more arguing, I know you and you will always stand by your statements, so if you still want to discuss this matter take to the pms or msn.
I don't evolve though?
How do you know if I don't know anyone and how is that even relevant? I gave my opinion and now you're crying. Sure, users would probably interact more on a random sub-forum, but I said about AMVs, and an OT forum wouldn't accomplish that much. Next time, before you get butthurt and rage take the time to actually read.

Anyways, I think the problem here is that we aren't really able to identify what the problem really is. Imo, I still think there isn't enough interaction *ABOUT AMVs* but also, it seems rather difficult to watch videos. I sure as hell wouldn't want this site to become like YouTube, but there should be an easier method to find videos and watch them. I think we should take a look at what we are trying to accomplish here from the perspective of a viewer, not an editor. The editor's features could be discussed later.

Kaream
Org Profile

Post by Kaream » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:05 pm

Begi wrote:
BastAmv wrote:Begi anything evolving you usually ends up with trouble and trolling.
I don't evolve though?
How do you know if I don't know anyone and how is that even relevant? I gave my opinion and now you're crying. Sure, users would probably interact more on a random sub-forum, but I said about AMVs, and an OT forum wouldn't accomplish that much. Next time, before you get butthurt and rage take the time to actually read.

Anyways, I think the problem here is that we aren't really able to identify what the problem really is. Imo, I still think there isn't enough interaction *ABOUT AMVs* but also, it seems rather difficult to watch videos. I sure as hell wouldn't want this site to become like YouTube, but there should be an easier method to find videos and watch them. I think we should take a look at what we are trying to accomplish here from the perspective of a viewer, not an editor. The editor's features could be discussed later.
You're the one who was bothered enough to start this conversation and now my butt is the one that's aching? lol.
Again most of the issues have already been addressed including the ones you just mentioned. And as far as I know every forum on this site is relatively related to amvs o.0
And video streaming was only made for preview purposes, you're expected to download the video and watch it. Thought you didn't want this site to become more like youtube, right? Besides I don't really think people are in favor with this as an issue. Though I do agree the search engine should be upgraded.
And I guarantee you 110% it will be 10 times more successful than a beta testing forum.

Return to “Org Redesign”