Review - Odorikuruu - aokakesu

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
McDirty
Org Profile

Review - Odorikuruu - aokakesu

Post by McDirty » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:53 pm

Rules:
1.)The video will not be posted by the creator
2.)The video will not have a currently active announcement thread.
3.)The thread creator should post their thoughts on the video to initiate discussion.
4.)The thread will start with a copy and paste of these 4 rules.

I'm surprised by how far some AMVs can go into the world and how many people have seen them. Take this video for example. This video thru the years has been seen by so many people, been hosted on so many websites, shown at so many cons, and to this day is still pretty popular. This video is even hosted on a lot of asian web sites. To me, a video is very successful when it's both very good and able to reach a wide audience. Now, I know there are a lot of popular videos on the org that usually get picked up by others and put somewhere else (i.e Skittles). But to me, this one is very special because it is an old vid nearly 10 years old now. I remember being excited to watch this video over and over again around the time it first came out.

It's a simple dance/montage video. Very fun and enjoyable to watch. This week, I came across this on my hard drive again and decided to open it. It's always a video that gives me nostalgia because it reminds me kind of 'good ol times.' A vid is also very impressive if it's something you can keep for a long time and is re-watchable. This video definitely does that.

To tell you in honest truth, it's very hard for me to find flaws in this vid. I really don't mind technical flaws in a vid and i tend to focus more on the content.
Yea it is an old vid. But it certainly has some value to it because it has influenced a lot of AMV editors to come. Who knows, maybe people will be watching this AMV 10 years from now too.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Re: Review - Odorikuruu - aokakesu

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:11 pm

After nearly a decade, I still don't know the answer to this question about this video...

Where is the Trigun footage? :shock:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:41 am

Castor Troy wrote:After nearly a decade, I still don't know the answer to this question about this video...

Where is the Trigun footage? :shock:
It's the dancing girl at 2:13, from the episode where Milly meets Wolfwood, IIRC.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:01 am

This was what launched the whole fun dancy videos, IIRC.

I hate it for that.

But otherwise nice stuff - too bad it's still one of the best edited stuff in its genre.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:54 pm

So many ppl 'like' it that I say it's good :) no other reason -_- I like the song too and that's good enough :P
If you do not think so... you will DIE

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:22 pm

Still my favorite "dance/fun" video of all time. Rarely have recent videos been even close to this well-edited or just plain "fun" and it's crazy to think it's nearly 10 years old!

...man I feel old.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:01 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:This was what launched the whole fun dancy videos, IIRC.

I hate it for that.
Not everything can be yet another a slow, boring shinkai romance...

Personally I love the video. But I always have been a sucker for fun upbeat/dance vids. I will agree with nya that it's too bad that a decade later and this is still one of the best ones around.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:42 pm

It's still one of my absolute favorite AMV's. <3 While the footage quality hasn't aged gracefully, the editing and mood is still just THERE and it just FEELS right. Also, I don't know if the shinji part with the cassette player was effects or just part of the song, but it was just frankly a nice touch.

Makes me want to edit fun/dance, I just can't seem to get away from the crappy romance videos. >_<

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:23 am

Listed and shown as one of my picks for "the most influential videos of the past 10 years" because frankly, it is one of the best videos of the past 10 years. I don't think there's any one video that has held up any better. It started the "fun/dance" genre imo and still holds up next to today's 720p, effects ridden, strobe fests.

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:54 pm

Idol Defence Force Hummingbird. you better ask somebody

Return to “General AMV”