Upload and Download Restrictions

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Re: Upload and Download Restrictions

Post by Kariudo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:57 pm

Might be quicker to ask a mod like myself to approve your video...since I believe our active admins are at AWA at the moment.

As for deleting a local link, you can just request a video deletion and put down that you want to re-upload a remastered version in the explanation box. (I'm also the one who takes care of most of the deletion requests at this time)

detta
Org Profile

Post by detta » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:59 am

so I have an AMV that i'd like to upload, and it has video from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete. Two questions:
1. does this count as anime for this purpose, since it was made in japan, and it sort of counts as a REALLY long Final Fantasy cutscene?
2. the end has a few seconds of Cloud Strife getting stabbed and cut by Sephiroth, and therefore there's a bit of "graphic violence", along with a moderate amount of blood. since it's only around 10 seconds, is this acceptable?

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:44 pm

1) Yep, FF VII AC is indeed animu
2) Shouldn't be a problem. I believe the line for graphic violence has been around stuff like Elfen Lied, so pretty much as long as character x stays in one piece it should be fine.

detta
Org Profile

Post by detta » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:10 pm

thanks! now I just have to wait for my large upload request to be approved...

AnaEl92=)
Org Profile

Post by AnaEl92=) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:32 am

would an AMV with almost all the death scenes of umineko no naku koro ni be considered excesive violence? I don't know if I should upload it or not...
and I don't know anything about file size, so is 328 MB alright or do I need to ask for permission? it's in mp4 format...

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:03 am

AnaEl92=) wrote:would an AMV with almost all the death scenes of umineko no naku koro ni be considered excesive violence? I don't know if I should upload it or not...
and I don't know anything about file size, so is 328 MB alright or do I need to ask for permission? it's in mp4 format...
Umineko no Naku Koro ni is typical TV show, it's well okay.
The encoding is not, though. We have a limit of 100MB and anything over won't pass if it isn't long enough. So unless your video isn't huge or over 8-10 minutes, you're out of luck.

Try following some stuff in this: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech31/

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:20 am

Nya-chan Production wrote:
AnaEl92=) wrote:would an AMV with almost all the death scenes of umineko no naku koro ni be considered excesive violence? I don't know if I should upload it or not...
Umineko no Naku Koro ni is typical TV show, it's well okay.
"Typical TV show" is a criteria for acceptability? >_>

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:23 am

I took a look at the video in question a week and a half ago, and it was too graphic for local/direct

CBizcocho
Org Profile

Post by CBizcocho » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:08 pm

Im just wondering would elfen lied be too violent for this site I haven't uploaded this cus i didn't want to get banned but can you say if you think it's violating the rules. also what about higurashi (just want to kill 2 birds with one stone. oops is that too violent)

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:18 pm

There are many videos of both series hosted locally.

The decapitation in Elfen Lied, and dismemberment where the bone is showing (graveyard fight scene with Nana) are the typical examples of "too violent" whenever this type of question pops up.

If you're unsure about a video, you can find some place to upload it temporarily and send a link to a mod or admin to get a go/no-go on uploading it here.

Return to “Site Announcements”