Updated AVtech Guide - Beta

Cannonaire
Org Profile

Re: Updated AVtech Guide - Beta

Post by Cannonaire » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:44 pm

Regarding the audio portion of the guide, I just recently used it and got a successful start in cutting audio. I would definitely leave it in.
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.

Snowcrash
Org Profile

Post by Snowcrash » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:49 am

Little mistake here:

x264 encoding part:
The mode setting lets you select between two different encoding modes--Constant Quality, and Bitrate (2 pass). Constant Quality is the recommended setting here. What is the difference between these three (two) modes? Well, let's see.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:50 am

heh, thanks

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:25 pm

Snowcrash wrote:
Zarxrax wrote:Uh... well if you want to use it then just follow what it says about downloaded footage. Whats the problem?
I will ^^

If I seem a bit angry it's just because when the first time I asked how to convert a 25 fps to 23.97 fps (I would like to work with PAL DVD), few people told me it was completely stupid to work with this kind of DVD. So after a lot of explanations I understood I should avoid PAL DVD and then finally have to download my sources.
I am not really sure about France, but here in The Czech Republic it's fairly cheap to get an NTSC DVD for a fair price - about 15 - 25 dollars per DVD (might differ for exclusive series, ofc), including shipping.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:20 am

Nya-chan Production wrote:I am not really sure about France, but here in The Czech Republic it's fairly cheap to get an NTSC DVD for a fair price - about 15 - 25 dollars per DVD (might differ for exclusive series, ofc), including shipping.
The point is that, if you're going to import, might as well make the R2J DVDs... and those DO cost. We tend to talk about series that might not even be licensed in the US anyway.

Snowcrash
Org Profile

Post by Snowcrash » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:57 am

Actually in France, a lot of anime are licenced and sold in supermarkets/specialized shops so I never checked for NTSC versions (and then I don't buy a lot of DVD). And when they do a good work (sometimes) for subbing/dubbing/bonuses, it's still interesting to get them in France.

Here is a good website about french DVD reviews (in french of course but you can have already an overall view of the french anime market) : http://www.dvdanime.net/

Snowcrash
Org Profile

Post by Snowcrash » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:46 am

mirkosp wrote:
Sn0wcrash wrote:You need to modify the script about TDecimate() when working with PAL dvd. After checking with Mirkosp, it appears it's not TDecimate(cycle=24) but TDecimate(cycle=25) if you want to delete the duplicate frame.
Yeah, I had informed him on IRC. It seems he didn't fix it yet on the copy on his site, but he told me he fixed it locally (as in, on his hard drive). :)
Apparently the new guide (v3.1) is released but this fps error is still here (cycle=24 instead Tcycle=25).
:wink:

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:44 pm

I swear I fixed it ^^;;;
/runs away

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:02 pm

I checked again and it's fixed with tdecimate(cycle=25) (it's correct). Doki prolly got to it sometime this evening.

Snowcrash
Org Profile

Post by Snowcrash » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:54 pm

As BR discs are getting more and more popular, I would like to know if there will be a part about ripping, "avisynthing" and encoding BRD in the guide ?

Return to “Video & Audio Help”