Review - Otaku Outpost - One Day More

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Knowname
Org Profile

Review - Otaku Outpost - One Day More

Post by Knowname » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:47 pm

1.)The video will not be posted by the creator (we have announcement forums for that).
2.)The video will not have a currently active announcement thread (go post in the announcement thread instead).
3.)The thread creator should post their thoughts on the video to initiate discussion.
4.)The thread will start with a copy and paste of these 4 rules.

Because these threads seem to be a 'hall of fame' of amvs of sort I have to include this little gem I've found. I know this vid was ^VERY^ well received but I'd not heard much about it than or since! I was lucky to pick it up one day! In my opinion this video had been the most inspirational video in my career! Not only is it very EMO and SLOW, but it's also witty and entertaining!

How shall I describe this video... well I'll include these two portions from the video describtion for you,

" why? 1) Why haven't that many people used the TV series? 2) Why is it always action, when the show is a love story?"

"At AX 2000 I bought the Macross TV Series 15th anniversary LD box set. After watching it with my friends we began to discuss the many similarities between Macross and Les Miserables. Little did I know then that it would present me with a great opportunity."

So yes, maybe I'm a huge Macross fan (:)), maybe I love the theatre and a flair for the dramatics. But perhaps some of you really feel the same. Perhaps some (many) of you have never heard of this video and would agree! I'd just like to see Gundam do this!@#%^!
If you do not think so... you will DIE

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Re: Review - Otaku Outpost - One Day More

Post by godix » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:02 pm

It's also very obviously a 2001 video and I don't think it stood the test of time that well. Probably the reason it got attention when it was released was lipsync still was viewed as difficult and impressive. Beyond that, there's little that marks this as a good video. As for the lipsync, this should be the the poster child for every complaint I've ever made about lipsyncing vids. Through most of it, I was watching pretty static shots of people 'singing', which added absolutely nothing to the video at all.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:15 pm

Except for the position that each singer is in. Did you completely ignore the intent of the video? Yes the technicalitys are godawful and archaic, but the only thing that can POSSIBLY stand the test of time is concept, you know that, you've said it in prior review sessions! /is dissapoint

Anyway I really like this and thanks for your opinion :)
If you do not think so... you will DIE

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:12 pm

I remember seeing this at AX2001 and laughing my ass off with the rest of the crowd. :lol:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:18 pm

Castor Troy wrote:I remember seeing this at AX2001 and laughing my ass off with the rest of the crowd. :lol:
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/amv/message/14167

Return to “General AMV”