This effect... o_o

xPiikanyaa
Phail Whale
Org Profile

This effect... o_o

Post by xPiikanyaa » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:09 pm

Anyone know how I can do an effect similar to this video? (At about 0:20, where all the colours go weird? I'm sure this effect has a name, but i don't know xD :dino:

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Re: This effect... o_o

Post by Zarxrax » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:35 pm

This is simply an offset of the RGB channels.
Depending on what software is being used, there may be different ways of doing this.

But what is essentially happening, is the video is being isolated to each of its 3 color channels, red, green, and blue, and then each of those has its position offset, and then they are blended together.

xPiikanyaa
Phail Whale
Org Profile

Post by xPiikanyaa » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:38 pm

Zarxrax wrote:This is simply an offset of the RGB channels.
Depending on what software is being used, there may be different ways of doing this.

But what is essentially happening, is the video is being isolated to each of its 3 color channels, red, green, and blue, and then each of those has its position offset, and then they are blended together.
Ah i see... gosh, I feel like such a noob now :shock:
Got any idea how this can be done in Sony Vegas?

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:01 pm

Channel blend effect looks like it could do the job.
Make 3 duplicate clips. Use the red preset on one, blue on another, and green on the other. Then move each one so they are offset. Then blend them somehow... I'm not sure how to blend clips in vegas, I dont use it much.

Cannonaire
Org Profile

Post by Cannonaire » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:14 am

Put each clip on a different video track in the same place on the timeline. If you click and drag near the top of the clip on the track, you can adjust the opacity and it will blend with the clip on the track below it. Viewing only a certain section of the image can be done using keyframes by right-clicking on the clip and choosing "video event pan/crop".
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.

Kanti13
Org Profile

Post by Kanti13 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:52 pm

Cannonaire wrote:Put each clip on a different video track in the same place on the timeline. If you click and drag near the top of the clip on the track, you can adjust the opacity and it will blend with the clip on the track below it. Viewing only a certain section of the image can be done using keyframes by right-clicking on the clip and choosing "video event pan/crop".
Adjusting opacity doesn't seem to work. But I tried it with 'screen' blending/compositing mode and got a similar effect. You probably also want to increase the contrast using 'color curves'. That way it doesn't look faded. That's how I did it.

xPiikanyaa
Phail Whale
Org Profile

Post by xPiikanyaa » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:07 am

Kanti13 wrote:
Cannonaire wrote:Put each clip on a different video track in the same place on the timeline. If you click and drag near the top of the clip on the track, you can adjust the opacity and it will blend with the clip on the track below it. Viewing only a certain section of the image can be done using keyframes by right-clicking on the clip and choosing "video event pan/crop".
Adjusting opacity doesn't seem to work. But I tried it with 'screen' blending/compositing mode and got a similar effect. You probably also want to increase the contrast using 'color curves'. That way it doesn't look faded. That's how I did it.

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://img337.imageshack.us/i/triocolor ... hexpl.jpg/
Thanks, this helped a lot. :up:

Venodium
Org Profile

Post by Venodium » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:42 pm

CheesecakeLove wrote:
Kanti13 wrote:

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://img337.imageshack.us/i/triocolor ... hexpl.jpg/
Thanks, this helped a lot. :up:
It really did, so gonna try that :lol:
Been looking for a Vegas method for this for a while but never got results like that. Thanks

Return to “Effects & Techniques”