Sony Vegas 10

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
post-it
Org Profile

Re: Sony Vegas 10

Post by post-it » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:39 pm

Kawatta-Kun wrote:... please explain to me, what are the advantages of 64bit anyway...
there is no advantage with 64 bit unless its Parallel Drop Processing .. .. which windows is not!
E.O.L.

Kawatta-kun
Org Profile

Post by Kawatta-kun » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:54 pm

post-it wrote:
Kawatta-Kun wrote:... please explain to me, what are the advantages of 64bit anyway...
there is no advantage with 64 bit unless its Parallel Drop Processing .. .. which windows is not!
E.O.L.
Say wat? x)
Image Image

Cannonaire
Org Profile

Post by Cannonaire » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:42 pm

I didn't realize there was a 64bit version of Vegas 10. I would think it would also benefit from having access to more memory.
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.

Kawatta-kun
Org Profile

Post by Kawatta-kun » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:38 pm

Cannonaire wrote:I didn't realize there was a 64bit version of Vegas 10. I would think it would also benefit from having access to more memory.
Since the 9th version there is ^^ .
Image Image

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:43 pm

Kawatta-Kun wrote:
Cannonaire wrote:I didn't realize there was a 64bit version of Vegas 10. I would think it would also benefit from having access to more memory.
Since the 9th version there is ^^ .
I remember 9 having a 32 & 64 but I never saw any advantage to either one while encoding. The advantage with 64 came when you were playing-back in real-time with transitions .. other than that, I could not tell what the advantages really were!

Kawatta-kun
Org Profile

Post by Kawatta-kun » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:57 pm

So there's no reason for 64bit version not accepting AVI files (XviD/DivX), there is? Still is wierd..
Image Image

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:56 pm

.. importing has nothing to do with 32 or 64 bit structure! The difference is in "how it handles commands." period!

I've got no idea why it won't load an AVI .. this makes no sense to me. .. sorry!

Cannonaire
Org Profile

Post by Cannonaire » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:18 pm

I was under the impression that you needed 64-bit codecs to open files in a 64-bit program. Anyone know for sure? Pretty sure VirtualDub is like that, at least for encoding.
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:57 am

The 64-bit version runs only under 64-bit systems, iirc. The 32-bit version is a little slower, because it doesn't use the whole power of processor.

This, of course, doesn't have anything to do with the codecs, both should load up the same set with same issues.

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:19 pm

I have been trying Vegas 10 (32 bit), and I am dumping it now. In the middle of a project - that's how much it is annoying me.

It keeps losing the ability to understand my files. These are clips I have made recently, using Xvid4PSP or Vegas itself. FFV1 or lagarith. Sometimes the whole clip is gibberish, sometimes a few frames. Once it was the top 1/3rd or so.

Closing/re-opening the project fixed most of them, once I had to close Vegas. I have no trouble at all with these on 8, beyond the very rare orphaned frame.

3 separate PCs, 2 with XP, one with 7. (that one is new).

It's just becoming tiresome, so I'm sticking with 8. Just glad I didn't spend the money.
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”