The Org Redesign - New Features and/or Function...

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Re: The Org Redesign - New Features and/or Function...

Post by 8bit_samurai » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:26 pm

There is a newest videos list under the search for AMVs... collapsible menu and it has some features to sort through the videos. Perhaps could provide a link or something to the newest videos list in/around/by the new vid on the block or something of the sort.
Under Construction

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:06 pm

Mhm what about mixing a bit star rating with opinions even tho you give an op there's a little credit to it well yeah it's nice and blah blah but what if giving an op extended your max star ratings to to some extent? Double edged sword but balanced maybe would be good? : p Just had this weird idea : p
Still better than that MMO.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:54 pm

A "report this vid" link.

This link should be somewhere noticeable but unobtrusive, on the description page of any amv uploaded to local. When you click the link, you're taken to a page listing the things you're not allowed to upload here. You can make it a sticky thread here on the forum, with a direct link to PM a mod at the bottom of that thread. The idea is to make it easier for people to report 'fake' vids. If there is a sudden influx of vids uploaded here in the near future, you can guarantee a lot of them will be anime episodes, stolen vids, live action, hentai, and all the other stuff we don't allow. Without a handy way to report these the moment you preview them and realize what they really are, it'll be a big space-wasting mess. If we rely on people coming into the forum on their own initiative, knowing what is and is not allowed, finding the mod drop box or knowing which mod to PM, then there's little chance of catching even a fraction of these 'fake' vids.

This suggestion is tied into the 'one-button click' suggestion here. If we do that, we'll definitely get more uploads. More uploads mean more rule-breaking uploads. We should prepare for that influx in advance.

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:40 pm

Whenever someone is editing their top 10 favorite anime, instead of whenever u change something or add a new one, instead of having to change the number of each anime by yourself, it should bump everything down a space. Also it would be nice if it went past 10.
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:30 pm

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 6&t=102311

I believe this'd fall into this category.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:37 pm

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:Just reposting this from the other thread so it gets noticed.

I would like the option in opinions of being able to make your video opinion invisible. This idea is for the Opinion Exchanging because it always seems like who ever OPs someone's amv first, their score can effect the score of the opinion the other person will give them. Alot of people seem to be self conscious about not being the one to op first because of what I stated. Maybe just make it so it stays invisible for a short amount of time, as I think this would greatly help op exchange.
on this note I'd like to get rid of the 'you must enter text to your opinion to get it submitted'. I'd like to just rate it, like a star rating, and be off. Unlike star ratings though, ops are optional.

You know what?? get rid of star ratings all together! I don't think anybody necisarily likes them.
If you do not think so... you will DIE

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:41 pm

Milk Or Life! wrote:Mhm what about mixing a bit star rating with opinions even tho you give an op there's a little credit to it well yeah it's nice and blah blah but what if giving an op extended your max star ratings to to some extent? Double edged sword but balanced maybe would be good? : p Just had this weird idea : p
I agree (if I'm understanding this right) since everybody HATES star ratings but doesn't give ops make it like this, we'll make you exempt from star ratings if you'll give say... 20 ops a month?? lol
If you do not think so... you will DIE

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:43 pm

I personally like the star system. I can think of changes to make it better, but I definitely would not just abolish it altogether.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:25 am

Knowname wrote:
Milk Or Life! wrote:Mhm what about mixing a bit star rating with opinions even tho you give an op there's a little credit to it well yeah it's nice and blah blah but what if giving an op extended your max star ratings to to some extent? Double edged sword but balanced maybe would be good? : p Just had this weird idea : p
I agree (if I'm understanding this right) since everybody HATES star ratings but doesn't give ops make it like this, we'll make you exempt from star ratings if you'll give say... 20 ops a month?? lol
well meaybe star ratings wasn't best idea or something like combo betweenan op and star rating would be probably succesfull
but as side note: make writing ops rewarding with some gimmicks you can't get even with donation would be probably more or less succesfull : p
Still better than that MMO.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:49 am

ACHIEVEMENTS FOKKEN EVERYWHERE!

Return to “Org Redesign”