The Stage - Aoi Bungaku & Nodame Cantabile [Akross 2010]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Cross/fade
Type-Moon <3
Org Profile

The Stage - Aoi Bungaku & Nodame Cantabile [Akross 2010]

Post by Cross/fade » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:42 am

After whole year of parodies and comedies I hope I didn't loose my touch in drama genre :sweat: .
Tried to make something new & original since we get tons of drama AMVs every year and I'm happy with the result :3.
Last edited by Cross/fade on Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: The Stage [Akross 2010]

Post by Mol » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:38 am

Not bad idea as about drama it doesn't give me that feeling of those tons of dramatic videos sadly, but story wasn't bad (tho it felt a bit goofy with those looks :uhoh: ) But probably i won't watch it too ...often, story is nice but... it's kind of empty for me it lacks mood huh but yeah maybe not my cup of tea (maybe too yellow anime :P)
Still better than that MMO.

Glitzer
Org Profile

Post by Glitzer » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:04 am

I can say with certainty that you have not lost your proficiency in drama. If anything, you have advanced, at least in my opinion.

This video was exceptional to me because I felt like a member of the audience, or even that all those people were watching the amv right along with me. It was quite thrilling actually, and the internal and external sync was impeccable.

Quite the heroic struggle!
Milk Or Life! wrote:it's kind of empty for me it lacks mood
I feel inclined to respectively disagree. It felt so alive and satisfying to me, and I was content with the aura it generated. This video had a very different atmosphere, and I would not classify it as a typical drama video.

At any rate, I was rather pleased with this AMV.

BRAAAAVO!

Kosmit
Slippery Pole
Org Profile

Post by Kosmit » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:47 am

Only one word to describe this AMV: epic!

Coming soon: a great duel for Editor of the Year 2011, Ileia vs. Crossfade! Who will win? |:>

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:29 am

Videos like these are the reason I created AMP... The thing delivers raw power, its tangible, 1:43 especially. That part is like a punch in the gut. So much feeling to it.

Seriously though man, even If I wasn't a sucker for dramatic opera styled AMV's, I would have liked this just for its concept and execution. It could have went better in terms of story cause I didn't get what was going on all that much till near the end but either way, BRAVO.

5/5 My most favorite vid from you. Simple editing seemed to work really well for this, I think alot of FX (other then the masking) would have killed the concept.
Kosmit wrote:Coming soon: a great duel for Editor of the Year 2011, Ileia vs. Crossfade! Who will win? |:>
A fight to the death, let it be so. More opera plz :beer: .
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Falconone
get the Punch
Org Profile

Post by Falconone » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:33 am

I love Two Steps from Hell, so i watched it... it was great. It felt like this the music for this play. Also nice combination of this two Animes... Can it be that the other Anime with the actor is a shonen ai Anime?

Ikore
Org Profile

Post by Ikore » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:45 am

Glitzer wrote:BRAAAAVO!
<3
certainly this is my favorite amv for the competition, so much feeling :up: 8l8
SING! Never mind the words!!!

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:34 am

Glitzer wrote:
Milk Or Life! wrote:it's kind of empty for me it lacks mood
I feel inclined to respectively disagree. It felt so alive and satisfying to me, and I was content with the aura it generated. This video had a very different atmosphere, and I would not classify it as a typical drama video.
aww now i think i know how dinousaurs died :( :dino:
Left a boring op anyway |:>
Still better than that MMO.

Glitzer
Org Profile

Post by Glitzer » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:47 am

Milk Or Life! wrote:aww now i think i know how dinousaurs died :( :dino:
Fry: What really killed the dinosaurs?

Giant Brainsphere: ME!!!!!!!

/off to check out more songs from this band

Cross/fade
Type-Moon <3
Org Profile

Post by Cross/fade » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:57 am

Milk Or Life! wrote:Not bad idea as about drama it doesn't give me that feeling of those tons of dramatic videos sadly, but story wasn't bad (tho it felt a bit goofy with those looks :uhoh: ) But probably i won't watch it too ...often, story is nice but... it's kind of empty for me it lacks mood huh but yeah maybe not my cup of tea (maybe too yellow anime :P)

Well, some people will enjoy it and some will enjoy it less. Thanks for the op.
Glitzer wrote:I can say with certainty that you have not lost your proficiency in drama. If anything, you have advanced, at least in my opinion.

This video was exceptional to me because I felt like a member of the audience, or even that all those people were watching the amv right along with me. It was quite thrilling actually, and the internal and external sync was impeccable.

Quite the heroic struggle!

At any rate, I was rather pleased with this AMV.

BRAAAAVO!
Thanks Glitzer :D. I guess it's not a typical drama but I hope it works the way it is. Glad you were able to become part of the audience.
Kosmit wrote:Only one word to describe this AMV: epic!

Coming soon: a great duel for Editor of the Year 2011, Ileia vs. Crossfade! Who will win?
I doubt I will reach the stage for such an heroic battle.
EvaFan wrote:Videos like these are the reason I created AMP... The thing delivers raw power, its tangible, 1:43 especially. That part is like a punch in the gut. So much feeling to it.

Seriously though man, even If I wasn't a sucker for dramatic opera styled AMV's, I would have liked this just for its concept and execution. It could have went better in terms of story cause I didn't get what was going on all that much till near the end but either way, BRAVO.

5/5 My most favorite vid from you. Simple editing seemed to work really well for this, I think alot of FX (other then the masking) would have killed the concept.
Well, I do not know if the effects would kill the concept but I know mine effects would :D. I was struggling a bit with scene selection from Aoi to build that story properly so maybe in the end it doesn't go as smoothly as I wanted it to.
Falconone wrote:I love Two Steps from Hell, so i watched it... it was great. It felt like this the music for this play. Also nice combination of this two Animes... Can it be that the other Anime with the actor is a shonen ai Anime?
Aoi Bungaku is made of different and not connected with each-other stories. As a general anime, no it's not shonen ai but this two episode story (ep 9 and 10) ... I guess it could be classified as one (not sure for 100%, it's only two ep. so might want to check out )
Ikore wrote:certainly this is my favorite amv for the competition, so much feeling 8l8
Thanks Ikore ! I'm sure there are a lot of great AMVs in Akross yet to come.

Dinosaurs are not dead. They will live forever in our hearts ~~

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”