The Org Redesign - Goals...

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Re: The Org Redesign - Goals...

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:26 pm

I think a good goal would be easier access to the videos :3 but I think that was already mentioned :P

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:30 pm

To destroy youtube!
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:54 pm

Give people who are not registered on the org a way to watch a video. You can still demand a registration for downloading the vids.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:59 pm

1. Make it more fun
2. Have a better interface
3. Have more users & visitors
4. Have people's amvs noticed more
5. Promote Live-Action music videos more
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:42 pm

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:5. Promote Live-Action music videos more
There are existing communities for live action videos.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:53 am

MycathatesyouAMV wrote: 5. Promote Live-Action music videos more
Absolutely not. In contrast the site should be more inviting to anime fans to give AMVs a go since they are the only people capable of being new editors and leading the next generation on the website, so a goal should be 'you like anime? you like music? while not try to stick them together?' =P Really while live action vids would appeal to the current members/active circles, it will ultimately kill the website as a site with 'anime' featured in it's URL starts to lose it's identity. I think we should take the crunchyroll website design into consideration since it's getting popular, ie, what are they doing 'right'?

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:42 am

OropherZero wrote:
MycathatesyouAMV wrote: 5. Promote Live-Action music videos more
Absolutely not. In contrast the site should be more inviting to anime fans to give AMVs a go since they are the only people capable of being new editors and leading the next generation on the website, so a goal should be 'you like anime? you like music? while not try to stick them together?' =P Really while live action vids would appeal to the current members/active circles, it will ultimately kill the website as a site with 'anime' featured in it's URL starts to lose it's identity. I think we should take the crunchyroll website design into consideration since it's getting popular, ie, what are they doing 'right'?
I disagree with you, Oropher. I think there should be an LAMV subforum, and I actually have a very longwinded argument for implementing it, but I won't go into much of it now. Basically, I think there should be an actual subforum for LAMVs, as a single thread doesn't do the editors much good in terms of feedback, and a proper subforum would attract more viewers for them and others who might dabble in live action.

To be clear, I am not for hosting LAMVs on this site, or even (at first, at least) having editors be able to catalogue their LAMVs along with their AMVs.

I don't think such an implementation would do any sort of damage to the .org; since the .org wouldn't host LAMVs, there would be no reason for it to attract attention from the outside. It would merely serve as a place for AMV editors to get proper feedback on their live-action projects. I believe any LAMVers would come almost entirely from within the AMV community, and since all I'm arguing for is a subforum, it would take away not at all from the .org's main purpose.

Whether or not this counts as "promotion" for LAMVs is perhaps up for debate, but I just thought I'd throw it out there since the issue came up.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:54 am

LAMVs can and always have been announced in the OT forum... if there's going to be a forum where one could announce them, it should be OT.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:30 pm

Pwolf wrote:LAMVs can and always have been announced in the OT forum... if there's going to be a forum where one could announce them, it should be OT.
Not everyone has access to the OT forum. I really don't think adding a simple LAMV announcement subforum is that big a deal, it would just serve as a focused place to receive proper feedback on LAMVs, the creation of which is never going to surpass AMVs on this site, but whose existence can't be denied.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:59 pm

CrackTheSky wrote:
Pwolf wrote:LAMVs can and always have been announced in the OT forum... if there's going to be a forum where one could announce them, it should be OT.
Not everyone has access to the OT forum. I really don't think adding a simple LAMV announcement subforum is that big a deal, it would just serve as a focused place to receive proper feedback on LAMVs, the creation of which is never going to surpass AMVs on this site, but whose existence can't be denied.
Yeah, I don't have OT access. :uhoh:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Return to “Org Redesign”