The Org Redesign - Design...

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

The Org Redesign - Design...

Post by Pwolf » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:32 am

Since the org staff wants to wait to gather ideas in an organized manner, I've decided to take it upon myself to create what I think are the necessary threads to get the job done. I don't want to wait until the coding is done before we know what the website will look like and function. Lets start now.

This thread is for design ideas. Please post what ever ideas you have on how the org should look and feel. Then critique other's and build on their ideas as well. Lets work together to create something we will all enjoy and agree on.

Go.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: The Org Redesign - Design...

Post by Kireblue » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:54 am

I think that a drop down menu should be added to the center of the members main page that will replace the "new vid on the block" drop down menu. This one should have additional info about the videos (editor, anime, song), and it could have a screenshot as well.

This is what it could look like

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:02 am

I like the current navigation design. I even like the color scheme. Small changes would be fine. A total redesign would make it difficult to navigate and bother me considerably.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:17 am

I am in favor of a total redesign. I want to see a menu on top instead of on left. This will give more page width for actual content. I want to see about half of the fluff from the menus completely removed or designed away.
There shouldn't be separate pages to view your profile, edit your profile, edit your videos, enter new videos, etc, etc, etc. This could ALL be done straight from your profile page.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:27 am

Save mah eyes, plz less bright white everywhere. Even the forums, tube, and amvnews has this problem. Not so much the tube cause ppl can change the look of their profiles.

Darker BG with brighter text ftw.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:41 am

EvaFan wrote:Save mah eyes, plz less bright white everywhere. Even the forums, tube, and amvnews has this problem. Not so much the tube cause ppl can change the look of their profiles.

Darker BG with brighter text ftw.
Dark backgrounds hurt MY eyes.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:09 pm

I agree dark b/g bright text is HORRIBLE sorry Josh
If you do not think so... you will DIE

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:13 pm

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4986 ... th-effects

Something to read about it.

I prefer light themes too, btw

Glitzer
Org Profile

Post by Glitzer » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:20 pm

I think it would be lots of fun if the design reflected popular holidays when they came around.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:26 pm

Well I just dont understand why it has to be pure bright white, even the light blue and tinted orange is better than pure white IMO like on homepage and forums.

I'll just continue dimming my monitor while on the internet if it stays the same. I plan to never have to buy glasses/contacts like the rest of my family...
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Org Redesign”