MYOM (Make your Own Music)

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Re: MYOM (Make your Own Music)

Post by Shui » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:45 pm

The_TEKnician wrote: I want to see if we have any potential mainstream artists in the .org
Mainstream artists suck. Just like in amvs one can make a good song in one hour or a bad one in months.
Sorry but I don't see my music as 'good' - I've started about a year and a quarter ago and am still learning.

I am however working on a version of 'Girl Lost in Space' which I'll use to edit to.

There's been an attempt at making a MEP of people doing amvs with their original music. As far as I know most of the more musical people just didn't have enough time.

I've never worked on a Mac for music creation. My main DAW is FL studio - I also have Ableton Life and because of a friend I'm now learning on how to use Reason.
Oh... and LSDJ on my gameboy, which I'm also still learning.

@Arashinome: what you do is you take hiphop songs and rap over it. That's not the same as making your own song :nono:
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:14 pm

Well, I understand where you're coming from, Shui. I know that to you, you may not be as good as you think (or want) but I still like your work anyway. What I'm saying is, I wanted to see if the people who MYOM here on the .org can go pro if they wanted to. There way be some who are better at making music than music videos. That way, they can actually develop a career as an artist (if they enjoy it just as much as AMVs).

I work at Apple, so I prefer a Mac control surface (Final Cut Pro, Motion, Logic Express, etc.) but Reason is still a VERY interesting program to have. The realism of the plug-in devices and mixers makes you feel professional even if you're still kind of a N00b at music-making. I also like how you can fuse 2 instruments to make a completely different and unique sound.

@Arashinome: Sorry, but I have to agree w/ Shui.
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

Emotive
...the Meditant
Org Profile

Post by Emotive » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:23 pm

If you work with a midi keyboard, Reason is fucking breathtakingly incredible. Loved it from the very first hour or so I tried it.

Now I'm not quite willing to share my own stuff so far, maybe in the future... but I do have something to contribute, This is the quite damn cool project of an .org member (Baqum to be precise). I suggest the 2010 demos (<- mediafire).

Return to “General Discussion”