State of the Org - 10-13-10

Kaream
Org Profile

Re: State of the Org - 10-13-10

Post by Kaream » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:08 pm

post-it wrote:which wouldn't be saying much to non-donators . .. ... unless they were allowed
to read that forum without being able to post a reply :beer: but, that would just be mean. :nono:

Hell it's better than nothing :(

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:38 pm

Kaream wrote:
Enigma wrote:If there was a Off Topic sub forum, wouldn't it kinda destroy the purpose of the Donators forum?
Anyone but you to reply :uhoh: , was kinda hoping you wouldn't mess it up just for once.
...Just stating 'brah.

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:47 pm

Kaream wrote:A random sub-forum would be really, really, really nice. It would get editors to interact with each other much more and make it more of a fun enviornment, i'ono. Plus I have a bunch of cool topics I always wanted to post lol.

And yes, Donator's forum is there, but you'd have to donate in order to view/post. Kinda not fair. Hope you guys hear me out on this one.
Might as well give up on that now, the OT forum ship has sailed and it's never coming back. I know for a fact the majority of the staff doesn't want it, so i'd give up on that one now anyway.

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:44 pm

its just my opinion and yet; it hits so close to home that we've all missed it:

. The ORG was designed for the First Timer, the one who bought an Editing
package from the store and "now" wants to see what-it-can-do. A Comparison
on what it looks like and what you can do with it - would be handy.

< scope >
. anyone remember the time they saw their first Cartoon and/or Anime
and, for no reason understood even by the gods above/below, thought
to themselves, "I could do better than THAT!" ??? It didn't take much to
get you going now; did it: you went-out and bought yourself a Capture
Card. You knew at what time they were going to re-broadcast THAT show
again and you just HAD to get "the show" and re-do-it "your way!"
. You now have the Captured Footage. An Editor came with that Capture
card .. but .. the silly-thing won't load the Captured Footage!????
!?
. What you did was start to find a place like a-m-v.org and hope that somebody
there might be able to help you get things started. Much to your surprise ..
there ain't NOthing about how to handle "clips which won't load" into your
editor at the ORG. So, you move-on to the next site.
< /scope >

. We forget many things here after a few years of the same old - same olds!
I can remember people arguing with ErMaC about a few things, not because he was
right but because "I just didn't understand how Cleaning The Videos' before you
render them could make such a drastic-picture-weight-reduction in the final
stages of encoding any video!!!" I always thought that the Codec's were cleaning
the Videos so they could encode thing correctly! I felt sorry for him because I
wasn't the only one who was having problems with that concept, I understood
the basic's and he could tell that MY Questions Being Asked Wrong that I had
gotten bad info! ... and yeah -- I do know the difference, today, thanks to him. He
went through hell with the eight of us! He never quit. He never got angry. he's
never spoken to me sense that day -- hehe but, he knew what to do and how
to explain it without belittling anyone. His pages on Video Cleaning and its newest
section on black-edge correcting is no longer to be found here at the org nor FAQ's.

. Questions which came-up regularly are quite simple to us today. I can still remember
how mad I used to get when Virtual Dub 1.3a would not accept appending files because
the frame rates were just a Frogs-Hair-Off!!! (  ̄3 ̄) .. Anyone remember the Green-
Screen-Of-Death from the Divx4.1.0 Xvid Packages which devided the board into two
rivalries!?? Those who were sticking with MPG and Alpha3.11 and those who would suffer
with Divx-xviD and RMvb's. today, all five standards have been replaced by x/H264 and
I'm glad THAT happened -- its one of the only "real-advancements" I've seen here sense
the final episode of Canidate for Goddess and the start of Vandread's First Season!
.. yeah; Ive been here longer than July 2002 -- I stated back then, before my name change,
that someone's gonna have to have "a starter board" to get people up-to-speed or the org's
not going to last long.

NewBe's Board Mission:
1) Help those who are confused on the basics of what Video is and How-To add Audio to it.
2) Explain "what the heck Bit-Rates are and How-To use them" òó Grrrr!
3) What not to look for when Splicing and Dicing because it will mess-up your Editing abilities! 0_0
4) How to clean-up after yourself and Super-Shrink Them Puppies into a Codec.
5) "Whad Ju Mean by me Editing someone elses' Work, hell; they'll never know the difference"!! :nono:
6) How to know "when your ready" to find Specialized help "normally found only with those whom do Encodes!"

Specialized Boards Mission:
1) So, you think you know JACK; ready to get schooled!? :beer:
2) .. we know you learned it "this way" .. I've something that 'just puts-that to-shame ^__^ ,, ready .... :awesome:
3) Special Effects are soo last year .. have you ever tryed -- This: :twisted:

Encoding for The Populous or are you just living a YouTube mission .. of somekind -_- er whatever! :book:

You Get The Idea!

Does anyone actually have a plan-of-action ( a mission statement ) available any more? this board used to have one!!

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:19 am

digested version pls?? it's way too late to think :/
If you do not think so... you will DIE

Ematheo
Org Profile

Post by Ematheo » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:10 am

Zarxrax wrote:This site is primarily a resource for anime music video CREATORS. Almost every function and feature is designed with creators in mind. There is very little of interest here for a casual fan of amvs.

Some don't want this site to turn into YouTube, but I propose that if we want to expand the audience, this is exactly the direction that we need to move in. YouTube is amazing for viewers. You can easily leave comments about a particular video for OTHER VIEWERS. On the org... you leave comments for the creator. There is absolutely no interaction among the viewers.
On youtube, you watch a video, and then tons of other videos are presented to you all over the screen. Its very easy to start watching one thing, and then watch another 10 videos before you exit.
On the org... you watch a video, then you are done.
I hope the .org doesn't turn out like youtube. I like it the way it is now. If i want random people to comment or trash down on eachother, then i'll go to youtube. (because it seems like alot of people are doing it there -.-)
Now i actually have a youtube account, mostly to let people who aren't editors watch my stuff but the beauty of this site (in my opinion) is that you can get som great feedback from other, greater editors than yourself, and learn so much new stuff to become a better editor.

The thing about youtube is that the owners just want to earn money, while the .org cares about their members.
I like the personal, family feeling i get from this site :3
lurvtuss

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:11 pm

you mean 'cult type feeling'
If you do not think so... you will DIE

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:36 pm

Knowname wrote:you mean 'cult type feeling'
Intimidating and helpful ???

Midnightowl999
Org Profile

Post by Midnightowl999 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:41 am

To respond to the chat responses of late, Due to lack of knowledge on my part, I did not know we had one of those irc chats on a-m-v.org. My apologies, but I hate to say it. Lack of better ways to find it. It would be nice to know where it is. lol. This is a first time I have heard of its existence on this site and be nice to encourage its use. Might be a problem here...........:P.
In attempting to make AMV's, I learned one important lesson. When ya screw up, you can always blame sleep deprivation or laugh madly out loud. It makes you feel better. Trust me it does. :P

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:32 am

#amv @ irc.synirc.net

Return to “Site Announcements”