I just can't win

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

I just can't win

Post by HalOfBorg » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:24 am

I spend months of my spare time working on my AMVs. A lot of time, effort and energy. Drive my wife nuts.

I put my vids on youtube and if I am very lucky I get 1,000 views. When I go over it's a big deal.

Last week I saw that a NASA photo had been photoshopped - badly, so I got the image and made a quick video showing the crude photoshop work.

Took me 1/2 hr. It's 49 seconds long and has no audio.

Right now it has over 10,000 views. :evil: :evil: :evil:

And that doesn't even count the other copy someone DLd and posted on their account. IT has over 26,000 views!

Almost zero thought and effort and I get a video that is more popular than all my others combined. Youtube even told me I could make money with it! :roll:

Tanj.
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Re: I just can't win

Post by Zarxrax » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:41 am

That's just the way things go.

A few years ago I made a hello kitty video, then some hello kitty fan posted it on her youtube profile.
It has over 5 MILLION views there.

That's more than 5 times all of the combined views of all the amvs in my a-m-v.org profile (including all the amv hells)

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:44 am

It's nice to know I'm in good company, if not on the same level. :)

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:26 pm

Same story. Betwixt and Between got snagged on a gigantic AMV archive, and has nearly a kertrillion more hits than my own youtube page. To add insult to injury, when a con was running a fan vote online, they actually used the AMV archive's version of it until I kindly pointed out that I had my own version on my own page. :P

It's just an aggravating situation.

Mastamind
Org Profile

Post by Mastamind » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:48 pm

Sucks, yeah. Soon after I uploaded my Call of Shit video to youtube, someone else upped it and had about 40k views in less than a week. Mine was stuck at around 3000 when all copies of the video on the site (including mine) were blocked due to copyright.
I don't have a problem with people doing that as long as they say the video isn't theirs, but it's a bit sad comparing the video's popularity (that took a few hours to make) to that of videos that took a lot more time and effort |:

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:57 pm

Some french guy stole my Naruto Ball Z video, took out the credits, and got over 12 million views with it. It even got so bad to the point where people were accusing me of stealing "his idea".

Luckily I was able to talk to him and he removed it. Now his "fans" are disappointed that "his" video was taken down.

Too bad there are still more people who stole it and still have more hits than my youtube page. :down:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:33 pm

Castor Troy wrote:Some french guy stole my Naruto Ball Z video, took out the credits, and got over 12 million views with it. It even got so bad to the point where people were accusing me of stealing "his idea".

Luckily I was able to talk to him and he removed it. Now his "fans" are disappointed that "his" video was taken down.

Too bad there are still more people who stole it and still have more hits than my youtube page. :down:
That kind of thing is why I like to post a low quality version, watermarked with my name, on youtube as soon as it's done. I can at least show I had it on that date, would have to be older than any HiQ stolen version.

Like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4SqRbuO7Dk

It also let's me see how youtube will react to it.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Video & Audio Help”