Electro, Industrial, Synthpop, New Wave: Aural Vampire

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Flusel
Org Profile

Electro, Industrial, Synthpop, New Wave: Aural Vampire

Post by Flusel » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:16 pm

Hi,

first, I'd like to recommend to listen to Aural Vampire.

Second, I'd like to ask, if someone can recommend more Bands of this type and where I can listen to it before buying it blind. I can not testload from jpopsuki or this like because it's obviously not legal and I also have no membership. So, where to listen before buying to japanese elektro/techno/new wave music? Thanks for hints

Flame-X
Org Profile

Re: Electro, Industrial, Synthpop, New Wave: Aural Vampire

Post by Flame-X » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:56 am

Sorry, I gave them many tries but I could never get into Aural Vampire. I don't know maybe it's because of the gothic lolita style.

As for recommendation, 2 bands come to my mind. GIRL NEXT DOOR and HAL. Give them a try.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:25 pm

Hmm... doesn't sound bad. I'll give them a try.

What's industrial about them? I don't think not too much...
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:32 pm

Bauzi wrote:What's industrial about them? I don't think not too much...
From the couple of things I heard from them on the 'tube, 'Industrial' does fit, but not 'Industrial Rock/Metal'. Stuff similar to early Skinny Puppy (Elektro, which was actually mentioned in the OP) or Front 242 (EBM) comes to mind, rather than KMFDM or Stabbing Westward or Rob Zombie.

Unfortunately, I've had very little luck in penetrating the Japanese Industrial or electronic music wall. Aside from the Aural Vampire suggestion in the first post, the only other band I know of that approaches the genre is D'espairs Ray. And X Japan's song "Drain". Both of those are in the Rock and Metal category, though, not any other subgenre of Industrial.

So my suggestion is mainly to go with process of elimination - search out references to known bands and see who they tour with, other bands they appear at festivals/concerts with, take a Wiki walk through the genres in question and see if there are any pointers toward regional scenes, and so on.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Flame-X
Org Profile

Post by Flame-X » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:29 pm

Oops, I completely forgot about these guys. Schwarz Stein is a better recommendation than the ones I mentioned above. I guess you could put them as industrial but I would fit them in the darkwave genre. Unfortunately, their CDs are no longer in stock so you'll have to buy them on ebay or something. Also, they disbanded years ago. Good luck finding their stuff. :wink:

Return to “General Discussion”