ּ~=פ÷ΞЖΞ÷¤×=~ּ AMV Hell 5 ּ~=פ÷ΞЖΞ÷¤×=~ּ

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: ּ~=פ÷ΞЖΞ÷¤×=~ּ AMV Hell 5 ּ~=פ÷ΞЖΞ÷¤×=~ּ

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:47 am

The quality of content has been going downhill drastically on these - you can track it to the lack of quality editors participating and the big influx of the 1st timer channers and such that rehash the same jokes with pretty poor timing using the same old sources. It's funny at cons in big groups, but, then again, those groups think shouting "THE GAME" and "marco polo" is funny too, so there isn't exactly a high bar to jump over in that regard. Not to say it was all bad by any means, though. It would have been far better at around 30 to 40min. I used to have friends over that would request I play AMVHell; For this one they requested that I turn it off and cheered when the video failed in the media player. Having never submitted any of my ideas, I can't complain. I can be sad though.

60:1 ratio though so :up:
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:08 pm

Heh, I started watching late, late at night and said "I'll watch half now and the rest tomorrow" then saw my FMA slap chop one, and was like "I'll keep watching to see where Mustakrakish was put." ...third from the end? Lo, did I not get enough sleep that night -_-

I admit, some of the later ones became a bit 'samey' and drifted together. I'm not sure if I could call that because the thing was so long, or because they weren't varied enough. I'm very fond of skit and parody clips personally, I have to respect you guys for wanting to keep the M in AMV Hell, for sure, but I definitely don't think it's a bad thing to have a lot of skits mixed in. That just seems to be the feeling that's going through audiences now. AMVs now are reaching almost professional capacity, so expectations have shifted, and also it seems all the nostalgic and classic songs that everyone knows in our generations have already been used in multiple ways generally, so original stuff is much harder to come by, and even then the original stuff is like the "Halo" and "Robot Unicorn" jokes, which I loved the Robot Unicorn running gag of course, it HAD to be given its pedestal.

Skits and parodies feel like they are more desirable, or at least something with a plot. Mustakrakish and Slap Chop were the only musical ones I made, but even they were a bit more like skits than actual AMV concepts. Perhaps it's just my mindset.
ImageImageImage

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:23 am

I really enjoyed this.

Of course there were some stinkers and some clips that weren't really funny but I'd rather not waste time complaining about those.

fwiw, Sailor Death's "Glorious Panties" clip probably made me laugh harder than any other.

Hoping that the complete list of anime and songs is eventually added to the entry for it. I know it's probably gonna be a pain to do so but there's a lot of great stuff here that deserves to show up in search results.

Pemblem
Org Profile

Post by Pemblem » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:15 am

By the way, Corpsegoddess, your video at 59:39 is awesome!!! Fatal Frame is t3h 1337!!!!!!!!!

PeachwisePictures
Org Profile

Post by PeachwisePictures » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:57 am

Now that i saw it, it's still pretty mixed-up impression. There were some awesome clips, some that made me burst in laugh, some well edited, but there are some clips longer than they should (especially when a point is taken at the beginning), some that was pretty unique concerning the sense of humor, and it seems everyone made his/hers version of Always and Halo. Even i did, but i didn't submit it, anticipating that. Repetitio est mater studiorum, but there is also a thing called line. :)
Nevertheless, it was a galactic trip seeing my name in the credits :) Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your project!
"This autumn could be a summer of my life."

Pemblem
Org Profile

Post by Pemblem » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:12 am

Despite hearing Always and Halo 20,000,000 times each, AMV Hell 5 was awesome! I'm so glad I got to be in this one. Especially after all my videos were rejected in AMV Hell 4.

PeachwisePictures
Org Profile

Post by PeachwisePictures » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:51 pm

And that would be it, i guess. See you on next AMV Hell :) Godspeed you all.
"This autumn could be a summer of my life."

Pemblem
Org Profile

Post by Pemblem » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:51 pm

PeachwisePictures wrote:And that would be it, i guess. See you on next AMV Hell :) Godspeed you all.
So it would seem...
I'LL MISS YOU GUYS!!!

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”