Just Pictures [AWA Expo Best Artistic Endeavor]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
EvaFan
Org Profile

Re: Just Pictures [AWA Expo Best Artistic Endeavor]

Post by EvaFan » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:48 am

I think the idea was cool and most of the pics used fit well but ehh... needed more dynamics and fx to make this more interesting and not feel like its draggin on towards the end. It was all right though and I enjoyed some of it for the mood.

3/5
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:22 pm

Gaurry wrote:something like this I saw in 2003-2005 =/ this vid not for 2010
Using the same logic, the music was made in 1972, so I suppose that is not for 2010 either =/
While we all have our own preferences, I must say that is a very narrow point of view.
But thanks for watching.

Rubeeh wrote:EFF YEH, I really liked this one the mood was there :up:
Glad you liked it :)

Ikore wrote:
you should love the retro, dude :up:

pretty good indeed |:>
Yeah, I suppose retro is a good way of looking at it. 8-)
Thanks for checking it out

Enigma wrote:
Needs moar M@D.

Will get, Phan <3
Well, let me know what you think :wink:

EvaFan wrote:I think the idea was cool and most of the pics used fit well but ehh... needed more dynamics and fx to make this more interesting and not feel like its draggin on towards the end. It was all right though and I enjoyed some of it for the mood.

3/5
Thanks for your input :)
I didn't want to drown it completely in fx. I just wanted it to be basic-- to be consistent with the title. But yeah, I know what you mean. That was one of the hardest parts about making this video. Thanks for checking it out.
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:20 pm

Forgot to post...fuck, but i thought it was pretty well done..nothing i'll come back to see tough.Great mood tough ^^

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:32 pm

There were shots in this that made me laugh out loud and then goo AWWWWWWWWW. Good stuff dude :up:

Fizziks
Org Profile

Post by Fizziks » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:21 pm

Others are going to disagree with me, but personally I thought the length of this vid was fine. It's an enjoyable video, with an interesting and well-executed concept. :up:

Kenzichu
Org Profile

Post by Kenzichu » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:31 am

i just absolutely loved this. It reminded me of when i would watch AMVs that were just screenshots back when i was in 6th grade...
wow...and such a wonderful message! The ending was just fantastic. You have a really keen ear for music and the flow of it.

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:15 pm

Enigma wrote:Forgot to post...fuck, but i thought it was pretty well done..nothing i'll come back to see tough.Great mood tough ^^
Thanks for checking it out :)

Moonlight Soldier wrote:There were shots in this that made me laugh out loud and then goo AWWWWWWWWW. Good stuff dude :up:
Ah yes, my sense of humor is pretty much :ying:

Fizziks wrote:Others are going to disagree with me, but personally I thought the length of this vid was fine. It's an enjoyable video, with an interesting and well-executed concept. :up:
Yeah, I expected some people to be fine with the length, and others to find it boring. It's a conscious decision on my part :amv:.
Glad you like it :D

Kenzichu wrote:i just absolutely loved this. It reminded me of when i would watch AMVs that were just screenshots back when i was in 6th grade...
wow...and such a wonderful message! The ending was just fantastic. You have a really keen ear for music and the flow of it.
I'm surprised you are the only one that mentioned the message. That's another thing that I think is dying in amv's :| .

So this brightened my day :D

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:23 pm

I really liked this one when I saw it at AWA. Can't wait to watch it again. Sadly it's part of a list of a few hundred or so vids in my queue right now that I'm gonna be DL'ing and watching, so it'll be a bit before I can watch it again.

Either way, I thought it had great mood and pacing. In a way it reminded me of earlier AMVs and I really liked the 'moral' of the story.
ImageImageImageImage

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:17 pm

I might have to rewatch this when I'm in a better and attentive mood but I did find myself not being gripped by it and my attention wandering off while it was playing. I thinkt the length of the video played a part in that but maybe there was also the expectation of something a bit more fleshed out in terms of the visuals. When I saw your announcement banner with all the photos with white borders on them, I thought that the video would have a similar style to it (this being images which aren't just flat and oriented in traditional angles). Ah well, good effort though.

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:56 pm

@ngsilver: Glad you liked it :) The 'moral' of the story was an idea that came to me when looking through a friends photo album.

@Infinity Squared: Fair enough, although I must say that if you do pick it up again, you gotta watch it through to the end because... :amv:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”