The World God Only Knows

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

The World God Only Knows

Post by mirkosp » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:46 am

Goddess arc started. Season 1 and 2 posts under spoilers ahead.
Spoiler :
AniDB wrote:Katsuragi Keima, a second-year high school student, is an avid dating sim gamer. He is known on the Internet as The Capturing God for his legendary skills to be able to capture any 2D girl in games. However, in his actual school life, Keima is known as otamegane (オタメガネ), a derogatory portmanteau of the two words otaku (オタク) and megane (メガネ - glasses).

Following the events of the first series Keima has managed to capture the hearts of four girls and thus the spirits which hid in their hearts. But the way to escape the real world is still long and his quest has only just begun. Suddenly a beautiful girl chasing a spirit appears before him. She is Haqua, Elsea's friend and an outstanding student back in hell, who was promoted to the rank of a district chief. However, it seems that she is hiding something. And once again Keima has to become a god. The capture target this time - a demon.
Series 2 is ongoing, so the first post has been updated! You can find the original post under spoiler:
Spoiler :
AniDB wrote:Katsuragi Keima, a second-year high school student, is an avid dating sim gamer. He is known on the Internet as The Capturing God for his legendary skills to be able to capture any 2D girl in games. However, in his actual school life, Keima is known as otamegane (オタメガネ), a derogatory portmanteau of the two words otaku (オタク) and megane (メガネ - glasses).

At the start of the series, Keima receives an e-mail offering him a contract to capture girls. He accepts what is thought to be a challenge, and a demon from Hell nicknamed Elsee appears. She asks for his cooperation to help her in catching the runaway spirits. These spirits hide themselves inside the girls' heart, and Elsee suggests that the only method to force the spirits out is by capturing their hearts — making them fall in love. Appalled by the idea, Keima refuses after clarifying to Elsee that he is only interested in capturing 2D girls and that he detests reality. Nevertheless, with the contract already accepted, Keima would have to help Elsee no matter what; if they fail, both Elsee and Keima would lose their heads.
Since there was a topic for it already, I just used that. Below is the original OP post, for those interested:

The 2010 Issue #19 of Weekly Shonen Sunday announced an anime adaptation of "The World God Only Knows" has been green-lit.
I've been following this manga for quite a while, and it's really enjoyable. Can't wait to see how the anime will turn out! :D
I'll take the occasion to suggest the manga to anyone who isn't following it already. :)

Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: "The World God Only Knows" anime adaptation green-lit

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:40 pm

i really enjoy it, but i have this really bad feeling that it's going to end up like Ashita no Yoichi!, Omamori Himari, koi neko etc. it's going to be a 12 ep short series that barely gets the story started and then ends it prematurely with a made up ending.

i think this because all of these series are popular but still ongoing and don't have a huge amount of chapters out, so studios just try and make a quick buck by releasing a short series in order to pull in the manga fans.

i could be wrong but just considering how far the manga is along i don't really see it making a full 24 ep series, just not enough material right now unless they make up stuff (which granted they did with to love ru.)

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:15 pm

OMG SRSLY?

I love that manga!
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:18 pm

Well, manga is up to 94 chapters atm, we're talking 10 volumes of stuff... there definitely is a lot of material to go through. I think that 24 eps is the least it'll get, perhaps more.

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:22 pm

O: <3

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:01 pm

mirkosp wrote:Well, manga is up to 94 chapters atm, we're talking 10 volumes of stuff... there definitely is a lot of material to go through. I think that 24 eps is the least it'll get, perhaps more.
damn, you're right actually, lol, i read the first bunch so long ago i forgot how long it was, ok so it could be a decent sized series, i don't remember a lot of the details so at least i'll be able to enjoy the anime then without feeling i know everything that's going to happen.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Tue May 11, 2010 9:41 am

Well, I've started reading this manga! I must say that though I am not usually big fans of stuff like this, I'm very hooked on it. The two main characters always have me cracking up. xD If only there were no panty shots: then it would be perfect. -_-

I have a feeling they'll panty-shot-it-up for the anime, so I think I'll leave my fandom with the manga (since its not so bad.) I'll look into the anime once it comes out, though. =3
/goes off to read Chapter 12

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: The World God Only Knows

Post by mirkosp » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:16 pm

Ep 1 is going to air soon (two or three days, depending on your timezone). Brace for epic, hopefully.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:57 pm

Dayum. Keima looks kinda hot in that anime picture in the new first post. *O*
*can't wait*

Niwa
Cake Addiction
Org Profile

Post by Niwa » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:53 am

The manga is full of win, definetly a watch!

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”