MONDOCON AUTUMN 2010 INTERNATIONAL AMV CONTEST - [ Basic info ] -
This contest is an international amateur video editor contest which is accepting AMVs (as animated music video) as fan-made music videos. Videos must contain music and video tracks. Video content must be orginated from any kind of footage from anime, manga or Japanese video game.
Because of being as an internationally opened contest, citizens of the following countries are eligible to submit AMV to the contest:
• Czech Republic
• Hungary- [ Submission deadline ] -
Submission period is over at 25th September 2010 midnight (23:59) so contestants must submit their AMV submission until this deadline. Contestants must close their registration and also the file submission to the contest’s FTP until this deadline.- [ Contest organizer ] -
The organizer role of Autumn Mondocon 2010 AMV contest is fulfilled by the Hungarian AMV editor community called AMV Art 2.0.- [ Submission rules ] -
• Anybody is eligible to submit AMV from the aforementioned countries except the contest organizers and the international jury members
• The submitted AMV needn’t to be fresh, contest-exclusive but must have been premiered after 1st Januray 2010.
• Only one submitted AMV per contestant is permitted. In the case of collab or MEP submission, the track of one editor counts as one submssion so contestant cannot submit another full-length AMV to the contest.
• The used footage must be originated from anime, manga or Japanese video game.
• AMV with live-action content is also accepted in that case when at least 60% of the submission is being made from anime footage (so maximum 40% live-action content is permitted)
• Videos having advertisement or promotion content are not accepted
• You must keep these basic rules otherwise your submission will be disqualified- [ How can you submit your AMV to the contest? ] -
As international contestant, starting the registration process, first you have to send a registration email to the official mail address (email@example.com
) of the contest.
In the registration mail you have the provide the following information:
• Your real civilian name
• Your nickname
• Your contact email address. Information of the FTP account for uploading of the AMV will be sent here
• Titles of the used anime, manga or video game footage (if there are more than 3 titles please write „VARIOUS” here)
• Title(s) and band name(s) of the used music
When the contest organizers got your registration mail and the provided information and seems to be correct and nothing missing, you will get a reply mail to your contact email with the FTP account information.
Before you will upload his/her AMV the file must be renamed for the better identification by this way: [Nickname of the contestant]_AMV_title.file
A fictive example to be understable : [AMVmaker]_Naruto’s_Fight.avi *
* for example if the contestant has been registered in the nickname of AMVmaker IMPORTANT!!!
Before the uploading it is recommended to check the following:
* Does the AMV’s credits contain the needed information ? (editor nickname, AMV title, titles of the used video and music content)
* Are the video and sound formats (codecs) OK ?
* Does the AMV not contain any kind of disqalification mistakes ? (logos, fansub, etc.)
* Are the video video and sound quality OK? Did not happen any error during the convert process? (interlace, pixelated video, macroblocks, etc.)Submissions sent on CD or DVD by postal service is not accepted.- [ Technical requirements ] -
Submitted AMVs must be fulfill the following technical requirements:
Container: .AVI, .MP4, .MKV, .MPEG, .MPG, WMV*
Video codec: H264, x264, XviD, DivX (5, 6, 7), MPEG-1, MPEG-2, WMV-9*
Audio codec: MP3, AAC, WMA, PCM, AC3, (min, 44Khz, stereo)
Framerate: minimum 23.97 fps and maximum 60 fps
Minimum resolution: 640×360 (16:9) and 640×480 (4:3)
* Usage of the older WMV-3 codec (built-in factorial codec of Windows Movie Maker) is not permitted, only the fresher version the WMV-9 is accepted. This codec can be downloded from here: WMV-9 codec download
Maximum filesize of the submission have to be less than 300 MB. In the case of HD resolution and / or MEP the organizers have the right to make an exception.
The AMV must contain MUSIC (minimum half length of the AMV). Trailer AMV is an exception because of the special features of this genre. Usage of English and / or any kind of dub on the language of the contesting countries is forbidden. Usage of short Japanese dub (short sentencence, shouts, etc.) is allowed.
In the credits of the AMV the following information must be provided:
The title of the AMV, nickname of the creator, title(s) of the used video footage and the title(s) of the used music.
Minimum AMV length is 1 minute, maximum length is 5 minutes. This length does not contain the intro and/or the outro.
Mistakes punished with marking down: Watermark, Trial version title, Letterbox, Interlace.
Mistakes punished with disqualifiaction: Fansub, TV logo, DivX logo- [ Author’s info ] -
Every contestant is authorized to send only one, personally made AMV. Contestants are not allowed to submit others’ work. In the case of plagiarism the submission will be disqualified. The contestant also agrees with the organizers that his / her video will be publicly screened during the Autumn MondoCon 2010 event and later his / her submission will be available for downloading on the homepage of the convention and AMV Art 2.0. - [ Results and awarding ] -
According to the decision of the international jury, the best 20 finalist AMVs will be screened during the convention. Finalists will be contacted by mail some days before the convention. Based on the American AMV contest practice, Autumn Mondocon 2010 AMV Contest will also have several awards („Best .....”) picked up by the jury. Audience award based on the votes of the attending audience at the convention will be also chosen. Awarding ceremony will be held on 2nd October 2010 Saturday afternoon at Hungexpo Fair Building, Budapest , Hungary.Those awarded contestant who will not able to personally attend at the convetion their award and plaque will be sent by post.- [ Disqualifying reasons ] -
Organizers keep the right to disqualify any submission if has content which is...
• Illegal (according to the civilian legislation of the Republic of Hungary)
• Outrageous, revolting
With registering to the AMV contest of Autumn MondoCon 2010 contestant states that he/she is agreeeing with rules and will keep it.- [ Contact and information ] -
Contestants must send their registering mail to the official mail address of the MondoCon. In the case of any kind of question, problem and opinion regarding the contest is also warmly welcomed to the official mail address:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also take your questions in English in the forum topic of the Autumn Mondocon.We wish you good luck and fair attend on our contest!