Several Problems & Questions

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Re: Several Problems & Questions

Post by HalOfBorg » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:37 pm

BleedingSt4r wrote: @HalOfBorg:
Rendering lagarith would take too much time I think.. Can't I just import Xvid encoded files using the ffmpegsource2() to VD and then edit it?
Sure, you CAN, but if your going to do more than put a clip in the timeline and render it, first render the clip you want lossless THEN add it to the timeline of your project. Much less problems.
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

BleedingSt4r
Org Profile

Post by BleedingSt4r » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:07 pm

What I wanted to ask is the following:

I want to create an AviSynth script which contains the ffvideosource command which aims to my Xvid encoded file. Then I import the Xvid encoded file to VirtualDub using the just created AviSynth script. After that I select the part of the anime episode I want to add to Vegas. I encode the selected part with VirtualDub using the lagarith lossless codec and then import the just encoded clip (It's an .avi file now) to Vegas' timeline. There I start putting effects on it and blah blah. That will work, won't it?

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:18 pm

yep, that'll work (unless something goes horribly wrong :uhoh: )

BleedingSt4r
Org Profile

Post by BleedingSt4r » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:32 pm

Very nice.. (: Thanks to y'all for helping me out. I think I fell in love with you. :D

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:16 am

BleedingSt4r wrote:@Nya-chan Production:
:D Yea I feel way better now ;) With more demanding you mean it takes more ressources or its more complicated? Select a part..? How do I do that? Trying to mark a part of the video track makes the whole thing move.. But if it works, that would be a very great and useful feature...
More demanding as in taking more resources, yep.
Selecting a part can be done by clicking on any free place (doesn't even have to be in a timeline!) and moving the cursor to a side (or you can select a clip or an empty place by double-clicking it ;> )
BleedingSt4r wrote:Um one thing: Inside VD I can't hear the sound of the .mkv, neither I can In Vegas. Is that normal? (Nevermind: You don't use the original sound anyway do you?)
FFVideoSource processes only the video part - for getting audio out you would use FFAudioSource, in the same script (where you would have to remerge it) or in a different one - but as you said, we don't really use original audio (but in case you ever need it...)

BleedingSt4r
Org Profile

Post by BleedingSt4r » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:43 am

I already found out how to select a part of the videoclip ;) But thanks to you nevertheless!

Ah I see. Surprisingly I do know how to work on AviSynth scripts now (thanks to the AMVApp guide I started reading. *proud*). Thanks fot telling me the command. If I ever need that I'll use that. (:

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”