Advanced camera movement.Direct questions.

vemalas
Org Profile

Advanced camera movement.Direct questions.

Post by vemalas » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:18 pm

Hey there! inb4 sorry for bad english!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEOfQ9QVtgk 0:29 - 0:33 and 1:07 - 1:10, etc.
http://amvnews.ru/index.php?go=Files&in=view&id=2621 0:16 - 0:34 and 0:58-All the rest of AMV.

Basically you have to watch those two AMV links i've given. There are time intervals shown of the camera movement i really would like to know how-to do.
I don't need to know all AMV mechanics. I've figured out pretty much everything. The only thing i don't understand is the camera movement, and those who want to help should focus only on that. Thank you!

Example 1:
We have video screen [A] and video screen [C]. I want to slide from [A] to [C] from left to right.

Questions:
1. How should i put them like this:[A][C]
2. How should i slide camera from left to right going from [A] directly to [C]

Example 2:
We have [ABCDEFGHIJK] video screen's. When they are placed i want to be able to move anywhere on any screen (remember, it's just an example for you to understand what i'm really asking):
[A][C][D]
[E]
[J][K]

Questions:
1. How should i put them in that order, or, in fact, any other order which resembles chaotic layout, but maintain the (+camera) resolution (+aspect ratio), and move with the camera on any [X] i want?

(The most easiest (probably) explanation would be: imagine a big table, with 3 photos placed in random fashion over it. I have a camera, and stand above the table facing lens to the first photo. When i want to get to the second, i have to go through some of the table texture, until i get to it. The same from second to third.)

Also:I don't need video-wall effects (because the thing i'm asking also fits with masked footage), no 3d camera(2d is just fine).

Im using Sony Vegas 9.0; and have Adobe AE (but never used it)

Thank you very much! ^^

Kanti13
Org Profile

Re: Advanced camera movement.Direct questions.

Post by Kanti13 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:35 pm

You need to use a 3D camera to do a lot of the stuff in second video. Whenever it goes back and forth instead of up and down or side to side (like the beginning of the video), they are moving a camera in Z space which you could do in AE. Vegas doesn't do very well with Z space. You could simulate it by zooming with pan/crop.

Put your clips on a bunch of tracks on top of each other and then use 'track motion' to move the different frames around individually. You can probably get some of the effects you want with this method.

it would be a lot easier to just set everything up (like the table you were talking about) in AE and then use a camera to pan over the whole thing and zoom in on different frames ect.

Edit: in the first video they move up/down or sideways a lot without zooming out. If that is all you are trying to do with a particular clip then just use a 'push' transition.

vemalas
Org Profile

Post by vemalas » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:54 pm

THANK YOU! Whole week has passed and you're the only one that replied. You're so kind! I will try everything you mentioned as soon as i get on my pc. One question though. How should i put screens or masks on a "big table", how i want them to be. Is this some kind of trick, or just basics? If just basics i would be very grateful if you'd give me the topics i should read on AE. Again - Thank You! :book:

jooky987
Org Profile

Post by jooky987 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:04 am

I heard for cropping video VidCrop ( www.geovid.com ) is good app too , anybody used it?

Return to “Effects & Techniques”