2010 A-M-V.Org Logo Contest - Winner!

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: A-M-V.Org Logo Contest - Submissions Due September 12th

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:46 pm

DriftRoot wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote: Due to the low number of entries, the submission deadline will be prolonged by a week. This will be the last chance to submit, though, no more time will be given. The times on the site will be shifted today or tomorrow.
Do you think the contest taking place right as a lot of people are heading back to school is partly the reason? Maybe it's worth considering rescheduling the contest for earlier or later in the year, next time around.
It's more likely the whole 9 days notice thing.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:51 pm

Hrm, I guess I didn't notice the short notice... wait, isn't there usually an Org-wide e-mail that goes out about the contest, too? If there has been in the past, I didn't receive one this year...and if there has never been, maybe it's time to send one out.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:22 pm

I recall receiving emails about past Logo Contests, but since the recent move it seems email notifications and the sort has been borked or something
Under Construction

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:36 pm

DriftRoot wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote: Due to the low number of entries, the submission deadline will be prolonged by a week. This will be the last chance to submit, though, no more time will be given. The times on the site will be shifted today or tomorrow.
Do you think the contest taking place right as a lot of people are heading back to school is partly the reason? Maybe it's worth considering rescheduling the contest for earlier or later in the year, next time around.
We're sorry, but there was change in A-M-V.org administration (jasper-isis who always did the contest stepped down) and delaying it further... well, it should be done "this year" >.> The next year it should probably take part sometime earlier ;x
8bit_samurai wrote:I recall receiving emails about past Logo Contests, but since the recent move it seems email notifications and the sort has been borked or something
That too.

But nevertheless - the last year the time was even longer, there was mail, and after the first two weeks of announced time there still wasn't enough submissions... people just don't bother until the very last moment, it seems ^^;;

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:07 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:Another thing, this time for everyone:
Due to the low number of entries, the submission deadline will be prolonged by a week. This will be the last chance to submit, though, no more time will be given. The times on the site will be shifted today or tomorrow.
d'oh! i wiped my brow in exhaustion for nothing!

oh well. maybe i'll come up with one more in 7 days....

Emotive
...the Meditant
Org Profile

Post by Emotive » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:31 am

Nya-chan Production wrote:
Emotive wrote:Why was this rejected? I demand a valid reason or an immediate re-entry. Thanks in advance.
(I am) We are sorry, but your logo did not stand up to the rule number 1:
Logo entries must be representative of AnimeMusicVideos.org.

The art in your logo and the action one of the characters was taking were the main reasons - though I can't deny that it made me smile. We want to appeal to non-org members as well and we are not sure how this would get accepted by them.
Well, it is clear. Let me repost this here:

On the left we have the editor, relaxed though a little bit stressed, calm yet a healthy dose of upset. On the right, the audience. The editor is apparently taking a piss on the audience, but I preferred to show this in a symbolic way so as to not make it explicit, it ought to be a family-friendly logo after all - so we have the joint, that is actually the AMV, blowing its smoke all over the audience. The results are clear, the amv audience is blinded, on fire. Of course we can't be sure if they're enjoying this sort of feeling, as it depends on the amv. Have you ever been on fire? Didn't think so.

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:33 am

Emotive wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:
Emotive wrote:Why was this rejected? I demand a valid reason or an immediate re-entry. Thanks in advance.
(I am) We are sorry, but your logo did not stand up to the rule number 1:
Logo entries must be representative of AnimeMusicVideos.org.

The art in your logo and the action one of the characters was taking were the main reasons - though I can't deny that it made me smile. We want to appeal to non-org members as well and we are not sure how this would get accepted by them.
Well, it is clear. Let me repost this here:

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://i.imgur.com/3jpoj.jpg

On the left we have the editor, relaxed though a little bit stressed, calm yet a healthy dose of upset. On the right, the audience. The editor is apparently taking a piss on the audience, but I preferred to show this in a symbolic way so as to not make it explicit, it ought to be a family-friendly logo after all - so we have the joint, that is actually the AMV, blowing its smoke all over the audience. The results are clear, the amv audience is blinded, on fire. Of course we can't be sure if they're enjoying this sort of feeling, as it depends on the amv. Have you ever been on fire? Didn't think so.
OH U

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: A-M-V.Org Logo Contest - Submissions Due September 19th

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:45 pm

well hey, since there was an extension am i allowed to withdraw my current entry with a modified version?

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:47 pm

Rider4Z wrote:well hey, since there was an extension am i allowed to withdraw my current entry AND RESUBMIT with a modified version?

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:58 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
Rider4Z wrote:well hey, since there was an extension am i allowed to withdraw my current entry AND RESUBMIT with a modified version?
Yes.

Return to “Site Announcements”