First anime you ever saw?

Statz
Org Profile

Re: First anime you ever saw?

Post by Statz » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:55 pm

Dragon Ball Z! I was like 5 I think haha, yeah that show will always have the nostalgia factor for me!

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:49 pm

CorpseGoddess wrote:That would be Battle of the Planets back in the 70's. Yes, I'm that old.

Followed by Star Blazers, Galaxy Express 999 and then Robotech. :D
What she said. :awesome:

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:13 am

WE'RE OFF TO OUTER SPACE
WE'RE LEAVING PLANET EARTH etc
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

JuliaKhanam
Org Profile

Post by JuliaKhanam » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:20 am

The first one I saw that I realized was different from Western animation was Sailor Moon (on YTV). That got me into it. The first show I saw with subtitles was some Macross movie.

First manga? I bought Cardcaptor Sakura on one of my first days in Japan because it was easier to read. Though I only have the first 3. I think other than that, the first one I really am following is Vampire Knight (in English, anyawy). I also have Grenadier (Hohoemi no senshi; in Japanese), which was probably my first complete manga series, as I read that while in Japan as well.

sircrackpot
Org Profile

Post by sircrackpot » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:40 pm

OH SNAP. No clue. Possibly Robotech, Gigantor(the later series), or Voltron. First time I KNEW it was Japanese? Possibly Akira or Dominion Tank Police back in the early 90's. Good'ol Sci-Fi Channel when it used to play artsy cartoons with tits growing from the landscape. *sighs* Meeeeeeeemorieeeees.
...Yeah, I know she's a trap.

sircrackpot
Org Profile

Post by sircrackpot » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:58 pm

Kionon wrote:
SovietJedi wrote:Students? Hmm... are you who I think you are?

Anyways, it's no big deal. I'd be mad too if there was some young anime fan who I knew was gonna die way after I do. :P

And I think it's awesome that you got to meet someone as awesome as Carl Macek, I'd kill a man to meet him. I'm sure you've met plenty of other prominent anime people. Can you tell me what your connection to the voice acting community is?
Who do you think I am? I'm not that worried about my longevity.

Actually, there are a few different connections. When I was your age I started helping out at shoebox anime conventions, even served as con staff heads and assistant staff heads at some of the biggest, along with helping to start one. That took my into contact with several. However, a few I knew independently and it just happened they were VAs. One, I happened to know because my best friend's coworker is that VA's wife. I don't watch dubs, and I only half pay attention to subs, so these people are just my friends. I did once get to watch an ADV recording session in Houston (it was Princess Nine). That was interesting.

Been years since I've been near ADV in Houston. Guess it's not there anymore since the buyout?

You rule, Kionon. Only great people play with other great people and it's just business as usual. It's like Jesus playing volleyball with Ghandi. Sure they think it's another day at the beach, but the crowd is shitting their pants at two super forces interacting.
...Yeah, I know she's a trap.

calvins123
Org Profile

Post by calvins123 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:13 pm

Mine was Pokeman too found it quite cute in the beginning before it got too much to take.

karoskid
Org Profile

Post by karoskid » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:06 am

pokemon was the first anime I saw.

Mkid
Im on the case
Org Profile

Post by Mkid » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:54 pm

Dragon Ball Z, or Pokemon, cant remember.....

Nazou
Org Profile

Post by Nazou » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:31 pm

Most likely Shurato

Return to “General Anime”