Need Help

For discussion on Mac software and video editing on Mac computers.
Anju_
Org Profile

Re: Need Help

Post by Anju_ » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:30 pm

Sorry again for double post,

but now it doesn't have sound in the avidemux program. Has this ever happened to you?

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:07 pm

gotenks794 wrote:I would just use "Quicktime Conversion" to x264 and then rename it into .mp4 with MPEGStreamclip. But Kionon knows what he's saying more than I do... :P
You wouldn't be just renaming it. .MOV and .MP4 are entirely different containers. What you do with MPEGstreamclip is take unaltered streams and create a new container for them. Merely renaming it to MP4 won't make it an MP4. It'll still be a MOV. Just an incorrectly named one.
Anju_ wrote:Sorry again for double post,

but now it doesn't have sound in the avidemux program. Has this ever happened to you?
Are you making sure you're exporting out audio as uncompressed as well? If you're exporting audio out in something that avidemux can't read, then you won't get sound. Alternately, you could export it out into something avidemux can read separately and add the stream to the video source in avidemux later.

BT

AND STOP WITH THE ILEIA AVATARS!!!

Do you know how hard it is to keep track of who is talking when avatars all look the same? :down:
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Anju_
Org Profile

Post by Anju_ » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:16 pm

Sorry... :oops:
Are you making sure you're exporting out audio as uncompressed as well? If you're exporting audio out in something that avidemux can't read, then you won't get sound. Alternately, you could export it out into something avidemux can read separately and add the stream to the video source in avidemux later.
I did this the second time. But now when I open the file to avidemux it is just a green screen that shows up. I'm so confused, thank you for helping me. ^^

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:41 pm

Anju_ wrote:
Sorry... :oops:
I did this the second time. But now when I open the file to avidemux it is just a green screen that shows up. I'm so confused, thank you for helping me. ^^
But you were getting video before? Did you try adding the audio after the fact?
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Anju_
Org Profile

Post by Anju_ » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:48 pm

But you were getting video before?
Yes
Did you try adding the audio after the fact?
No, because I do not know how to do that. Sorry :(

Anju_
Org Profile

Post by Anju_ » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:10 pm

This what it looks like when I go to export it from the MPEG Stream Clip.

Is this right? If not, could you help me fix it?

Thanks

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:18 am

Wait, what? No. :|

Choose "Save as" and change the container to avi. Don't reencode at all! Leave the video and audio uncompressed.

ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Anju_
Org Profile

Post by Anju_ » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Oh okay! I did that and now I opened it into Avidemux2 and this is how it looks:

Is this right?

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:27 pm

This means that Avidemux can't read whatever you chose. If you chose something that had anything before uncompressed and not just "uncompressed" then it's probably Apple proprietary and Avidemux cannot read it. Hence the green screen.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

gotenks794
Org Profile

Post by gotenks794 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:46 pm

Me again.

It's been my experience that final cut (express, at least) can only export uncompressed using an apple proprietary thing. I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure I get the green thing in Avidemux no matter what type of uncompressed I choose..
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.

Return to “Mac Software”