Your opinion on framerates

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Re: Your opinion on framerates

Post by Niotex » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:53 pm

I can shoot some 60fps footage and treat it the same way I did those renders. However the resolution will be 320x240. I sadly lack a proper DSLR. That being said I can splice together the 24 and 48 into a side by side comparison. 60 will be too tricky and considering most people don't notice the difference between 48 and 60 it'd be too much of a hassle to mux that in as well.

It will be far from perfect but it might give a better comparison.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:36 am

Niotex wrote:I can shoot some 60fps footage and treat it the same way I did those renders. However the resolution will be 320x240. I sadly lack a proper DSLR. That being said I can splice together the 24 and 48 into a side by side comparison. 60 will be too tricky and considering most people don't notice the difference between 48 and 60 it'd be too much of a hassle to mux that in as well.

It will be far from perfect but it might give a better comparison.
I want to buy a EOS 7D and before I buy my own one I'll make some tests with it on the next Tuesday-Thursday. If you want I can make you some nice comparison between 60fps and other framerates in awesome 720p :o
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:40 am

The issue is that getting from 59.94 down to 48 or 24 isn't fair since neither 24 nor 48 are divisor of 60... so you'd be getting a jerkyness related to how frames are dropped. Think like the jerkiness you get when telecining: it doesn't mean that 23.976 is smoother than 29.97 as a framerate, just that changing framerate like that isn't possible without having an impact on the motion's smoothness. And we certainly don't want to blend the frames either. The only fair and meaningful comparison from a 59.94 shooting would be with 29.97.
There is a reason why I say that the digital created content comparison was the most fair way to compare framerates despite not encompassing all contents...

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:45 am

Love this topic! So much new and exciting to learn *_*
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Return to “Video & Audio Help”