Double Pokemon in the sky... what does it mean?

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Double Pokemon in the sky... what does it mean?

Post by Kireblue » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:03 am

Sephirothishere wrote: it makes me wanna watch pokemon again :o
x2 I have so many movies to catch up on. I give both videos a 4.5 out of 5. The Double Dutch one was really easy to connect to and feel the fun emotions.

The Indigo one was a little harder to connect to, but I feel that it was edited better. Also, the ending was really nice.

I feel that both videos are equally good, and it's nice that you announced them together. They kinda complement each other and show both sides of the Pokemon series :up:

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:32 am

I look at the announcements board and find THREE Pokemon videos? You can't even imagine my excitement <333

I enjoyed both videos a lot, but Indigo was definitely my favorite of the two. I never would have thought of Pokemon and Imogen Heap [Er, Frou Frou] together, and it's an awesome combination. The Pokemon movies really have some interesting and pretty imagery, and it goes together with her music very well. I just like how it was presented overall...showing these movies are not just throwaway kids cartoons, but enjoyable movies that really have effort put into them.

Not gonna lie, I may have to look into some possible Imogen/Pokemon combos myself...

Double Dutch was fun as well, though it came off a bit random at times. I don't think I've ever seen an AMV that just focused on the Pokemon's adventures before, so that was a neat change. Actually, the Trainers themselves caught me offguard when they first appeared - Would have liked to see a little more of the humans into the mix if you were gonna use them, but doesnt bug me too much.

Makes me happy that I made that 'Anime you would like to see AMVs to' thread even though it may not have anything to do with these two vids xD

[/Goes to work on Pokemon project with renewed energy]

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:33 pm

gotenks794 wrote:I watched the jump rope one earlier. It made me happy.
/gets other one.
EDIT: it was inspiring. I need to watch the rest of the pokemon movies. o.o
Aww thanks <3
Enigma wrote:This is a lie.
QFT?
CodeZTM wrote:Oh yes. This is what pokemon AMV's need to be more of! :D
The fun one did a great job of capturing the playful and fun/lighthearted nature of the series and the movies. While the beat was off at times, and sometimes the video didn't really go with the song the overall thing just felt RIGHT.
The dramatic one captured the more serious tones of the series/movies, while still showing the very nature of the series being beautiful and inspired by the very forces of nature that control our world. Also showing how devastating the world can be, and that life isn't fair. Just a tad fast at times though.
3.75/5 for the fun one, 4.50/5.00 for the dramatic one.
You always say that my sync is off O: why don't you become one of my nitpicky beta testers d: I usually post in my journal when I have a beta, so it shouldn't be too hard to find out when I got one O:
However sometimes I think I just hear different things (sync to things that aren't there?) that other people don't hear O.o Thanks though :P
jubjub2 wrote:You know I love them both! I appreciate that you released both at the same time, and that they have each have a totally different feel from the other.
It's nice to see you back in the saddle again!
<3 Thanks, your kids have good taste in music :3 must get it from their mom <3
ScoobINSMDBZ wrote:Oh look two vids O.O
When you gonna get to releasing your vids O:
Dragon/Roy wrote:Epic Pokemon everywhere :D
Now it's your turn to make one O: /cracks whip get to work!
Mamo! wrote:Yay release! I <3 both, especially Double Dutch. :3
<3 I <3 your's too! as long as you are happy I'm happy <3
jade_eyed_angel wrote:sweet :)
Thanks <3
Sephirothishere wrote:2x, it makes me wanna watch pokemon again :o
O: I donno why but Pokemon is something I could watch over and over O.O
kireblue wrote:x2 I have so many movies to catch up on. I give both videos a 4.5 out of 5. The Double Dutch one was really easy to connect to and feel the fun emotions.
The Indigo one was a little harder to connect to, but I feel that it was edited better. Also, the ending was really nice.
I feel that both videos are equally good, and it's nice that you announced them together. They kinda complement each other and show both sides of the Pokemon series :up:
Thanks!
Hagaren Viper wrote:I look at the announcements board and find THREE Pokemon videos? You can't even imagine my excitement <333
I enjoyed both videos a lot, but Indigo was definitely my favorite of the two. I never would have thought of Pokemon and Imogen Heap [Er, Frou Frou] together, and it's an awesome combination. The Pokemon movies really have some interesting and pretty imagery, and it goes together with her music very well. I just like how it was presented overall...showing these movies are not just throwaway kids cartoons, but enjoyable movies that really have effort put into them.
Not gonna lie, I may have to look into some possible Imogen/Pokemon combos myself...
Double Dutch was fun as well, though it came off a bit random at times. I don't think I've ever seen an AMV that just focused on the Pokemon's adventures before, so that was a neat change. Actually, the Trainers themselves caught me offguard when they first appeared - Would have liked to see a little more of the humans into the mix if you were gonna use them, but doesnt bug me too much.
Makes me happy that I made that 'Anime you would like to see AMVs to' thread even though it may not have anything to do with these two vids xD
[/Goes to work on Pokemon project with renewed energy]
I think I had ideas for Double Dutch before your thread XD but it did kinda make me kick my butt into gear <3 Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the videos O:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks everyone for the nice comments <3

starsy7
Org Profile

Post by starsy7 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:06 am

I loved both... kept me staring at the screen like magic.. o.o
XDDDDDD!!

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:55 pm

<3 aww thanks :3

Fizziks
Org Profile

Post by Fizziks » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:19 pm

Both videos are great! I don't really watch many Pokemon videos, but these were really well done. :up:

Megamom
Org Profile

Post by Megamom » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:07 pm

Double Dutch: Pokefun!! :up:

Indigo: Well... this is one of your best AMVs, I welcome the combination with the music especially at the end... really loved it because I could remember all the great films of Pokemon (I've watched all the movies)... and reminded me all those beautiful moments (though I am like a child), in order to thank you very much for this AMV!

PS: Waiting for next Pokemon movie! :awesome:
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:12 am

Thanks both of you <3

And also thanks to anyone who may (or may not) post afterwords!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”