Trial by Drowning (call me pink Hayes =P)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
ExSphere
Org Profile

Re: Trial by Drowning (call me pink Hayes =P)

Post by ExSphere » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:07 am

Arashinome wrote: editors/viewers today have worse fucking A.D.D than a 6 year old on a xanny bar.
ok Beowulf, but there is about 50 seconds of this video I would take out simply because it doesn't say anything the rest of the video didn't already say. It's not my attention span it's simply the fact that it's not necessary.
Kind of like the how extremely long the wedding scene was in the deer hunter. Still a great movie, that scene just needs to be chopped a bit.

-Reda-
Org Profile

Post by -Reda- » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:38 am

ExSphere wrote:
Arashinome wrote: editors/viewers today have worse fucking A.D.D than a 6 year old on a xanny bar.
ok Beowulf
*sips tea*

pink haze
Org Profile

Post by pink haze » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:03 pm

Vanity wrote:Best ive seen this year. man this had awshm emotion which almost made me cry becuz the song and editin' went verry well together.
loved it :up:
I'm glad you like it! XD
(It's true, I dream of making people cry, though I don't claim to be that skilled quite yet.)
:aimkissyface: Why hello there, handsome.
Arashinome wrote:Perhaps, however, it seems to me that the average attention span of typical viewers is deteriorating at an alarming rate. It's as if finishing a song is a bad thing nowadays, like editors/viewers today have worse fucking A.D.D than a 6 year old on a xanny bar.
Maybe so, maybe so.
Personally, I like my literature long--novels, movie trilogies, old PS RPGs, songs that run on 7 minutes, and AMVs too. Can't say this applies to my own work though (I'm a slow editor, and I don't have that kind of free time).
ExSphere wrote:ok Beowulf, but there is about 50 seconds of this video I would take out simply because it doesn't say anything the rest of the video didn't already say.
Lemme guess...3:45-4:26ish? If you don't get it, I ain't explainin' it. That's the video's business, and if it doesn't do it, then =/ there you are.

Pikachew
Org Profile

Post by Pikachew » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:59 pm

Hmm interesting...

/megets

-10 years later-

/me is still stuck to screen....SO MANY COLOURS...
Good job there mate :up:

edit: You're my new hero :')

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:43 pm

wah ..beautiful i was a bit worried to see Hayes in song with this angsty anime ...but result is very nice : O.
Still better than that MMO.

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:14 pm

ExSphere wrote:
ok Beowulf, but there is about 50 seconds of this video I would take out simply because it doesn't say anything the rest of the video didn't already say. It's not my attention span it's simply the fact that it's not necessary.
Kind of like the how extremely long the wedding scene was in the deer hunter. Still a great movie, that scene just needs to be chopped a bit.

Falconone
get the Punch
Org Profile

Post by Falconone » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:36 am

That video was very interessting, sometimes i thought it was to fast, here i mean the cuts. But yeah a good video. :up:

Tearx
The Malicious Feline
Org Profile

Post by Tearx » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:56 pm

I really do love the way you edit
the emotion and atmosphere of everything was right on, I haven't seen this show before, but I still love this vid :up: 5/5

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:44 pm

You did an amazing job at editing this. The flow and pace were awesome, and you timed everything perfectly. It took me a while to get into the mood of the AMV, and it actually started to drag on a bit, but I feel that it would have been a horrible decision to cut the song. I only wish that you had added subtitles at the end. I really would like to know what the little girl said. I guess I'll just have to watch the show and find out :D

pink haze
Org Profile

Post by pink haze » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:17 pm

Weechaca wrote:Hmm interesting...

/megets

-10 years later-

/me is still stuck to screen....SO MANY COLOURS...
lolol.

Gotta love the way this anime uses color as a directing technique.
...and how, like, every sixth character has pink hair. XD
Milk Or Life! wrote:wah ..beautiful i was a bit worried to see Hayes in song with this angsty anime ...but result is very nice : O.
^^ thx

For those of you who aren't aware, Darren Hayes is from Savage Garden.

Yeah, this is one of his darkest songs (okay, Neverland is darker, since it's about child abuse). That is, if you pay close attention to the lyrics, which, admittedly, I did not do until I'd already laid out the amv's story. For the longest time I had no idea the song was about...
Spoiler :
...a suicide.
A man drives off a bridge into the river and drowns. ;_;
Falconone wrote:That video was very interessting, sometimes i thought it was to fast, here i mean the cuts. But yeah a good video. :up:
Heh heh...that reminds me... When I was working on the 2nd climax I really hurt my eyes. Intense concentration + flashies + semi-legible text + face 10" from screen = headache.
Tearx wrote:I really do love the way you edit
the emotion and atmosphere of everything was right on, I haven't seen this show before, but I still love this vid :up: 5/5
<3
kireblue wrote:I only wish that you had added subtitles at the end. I really would like to know what the little girl said. I guess I'll just have to watch the show and find out :D
Yes, yes you will! All is going exactly as planned muahahahhahah~!
/jk
Thought about subbing it (Monica Rial sounds awesome, but I prefer the sub's translation--otherwise I might have ripped the audio from the dub). But I talked it over w/ Kaze, and concluded that the quote doesn't add anything to the vid (besides a lil curiosity) unless you've seen the anime.

And, well, tiny spoilers. <<
You guys have no idea the adventure it was keeping this as spoiler-free as possible!

If anyone figured out the no. 1 reason it's titled 'Trial by Drowning,' you get a gold star.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”