My clips keep spazzing!

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Re: My clips keep spazzing!

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:18 pm

Sorry about the triple post I thought of something after I posted. X] lol
but ummmm im still confused with lossless format?
I tried reading stuff about it but its confusing.
And my computer is a dell Memory (RAM) is 4.00gb and then its processor is 2.17 GHz

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:05 pm

Is that a 2.17Hz SINGLE core? Or is it a dual core?

Also, just give me to dell model number, so I can look it up.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:44 pm

dual.
Model No: PP41L

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:04 pm

Huh. Well, it would seem about equivalent to my Mac Mini and my MacBook White, but I have no issues editing in 1080p, let alone editing in 720p. There's gotta be some reason why Vegas is choking, and while I know nothing about Vegas, I've certainly been around long enough to hear other Vegas users talk a lot about it, so I believe this to be abnormal behavior. It also leads me to believe that we are headed right back to the original suggestion: using lossy footage is probably the culprit. Vegas is spending so much time decoding your clips, that it has problems playing back while editing. You're also probably not preview rendering, which could also be a problem. If you did, you'd probably see better performance.

I am not entirely sure what you don't understand about lossless. Do you not understand how to produce it? Do you not understand why it is necessary? Do you not understand the difference between lossy and lossless? I understand you are working with TV rips of a currently airing show, and this is the only reason why I am willing to help you with anything in an MKV format. It's not a method I normally support.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:22 am

Kionon wrote:I am not entirely sure what you don't understand about lossless. Do you not understand how to produce it? Do you not understand why it is necessary? Do you not understand the difference between lossy and lossless? I understand you are working with TV rips of a currently airing show, and this is the only reason why I am willing to help you with anything in an MKV format. It's not a method I normally support.
There is a difference I don't understand really anything about that. I get so confused when I tried reading about it. =/ Yeah I usually hate mkv but its all I got so im going to try and work with them.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:00 am

Lossy vs. Lossless compression

You will often hear the terms "lossy" and "lossless" compression. A lossless compression algorithm discards no information. It looks for more efficient ways to represent an image, while making no compromises in accuracy. In contrast, lossy algorithms accept some degradation in the image in order to achieve smaller file size.

A lossless algorithm might, for example, look for a recurring pattern in the file, and replace each occurrence with a short abbreviation, thereby cutting the file size. In contrast, a lossy algorithm might store color information at a lower resolution than the image itself, since the eye is not so sensitive to changes in color of a small distance.
Because encoding lossy from lossy from lossy adds up to a significant amount of lost information, it will be lower quality than if you had preserved the source you began with by converting it to lossless and editing/rendering/exporting in that lossless codec. Only your final distribution copy should be lossy.

Working from MKVs usually implies one has not purchased the source, although not always. This is why, in general, I prefer not to be seen providing aid to those who would be blatant about violations of the ethics code usually associated with the Org.

You need to find a way to access your MKV's video stream and convert it into a lossless format to edit with. If you do not, you will lose quality.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:15 am

Kionon wrote:Working from MKVs usually implies one has not purchased the source, although not always.
I like to give the benefit of the doubt because I know that, if you don't feel like spending 25 dollars in decoding and indexing software, remuxing H.264 and VC-1 m2ts out of the Blu-rays and into mkvs and then using FFVideoSource on those tends to be the best solution. And even if you feel like spending the result is pretty much going to match up, I believe ─ though FFMS2 can still fail, whereas indexing can be more reliable, or so I was told (in my experience, FFMS2 with remux hasn't let me down (yet)).
Although I fear the case at hand is not what I'm talking about...

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:27 am

I said usually. I remux my own BDs into MKV, but that is entirely different case all together. You and I don't START with MKVs. We start with Bluray discs we purchase at a store.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:54 pm

I paid a dollar for each episode. So yeah and it just came out as mkv.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:32 pm

sportsgirl1391 wrote:I paid a dollar for each episode. So yeah and it just came out as mkv.

From where? PM me with with this information so I can determine if it's legit.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”