My clips keep spazzing!

gotenks794
Org Profile

Re: My clips keep spazzing!

Post by gotenks794 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:21 pm

What is frame accuracy? Does it just mean displaying the frames in the correct order? I've always just hit "no," assuming it was something I did not want to lose. I always use avidemux, but never have encountered a problem...
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:19 pm

AVI doesn't show up on Sony Vegas just the Audio does not the video itself.

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:20 pm

that last one didnt make sense. I mean the Audio shows up but for some reason the video does not on Sony Vegas.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:34 pm

gotenks794 wrote:What is frame accuracy? Does it just mean displaying the frames in the correct order? I've always just hit "no," assuming it was something I did not want to lose. I always use avidemux, but never have encountered a problem...
My understanding of frame accuracy is this:
Frame accuracy is a property where you can seek to any frame from any other frame and get the same resulting picture every time.

So if you try to make cuts, but don't have frame accuracy you run the risk of missing some of the frames you thought you got (or getting extra frames you didn't want.

If you try to edit without frame accuracy, you run the risk of your video becoming unpredictably desynced...though that shouldn't be a problem unless you are editing with something like avisynth and used directshowsource()

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:38 pm

Kariudo has the right of it. Trying to clip in Avidemux can sometimes (many times, in my experience) lead to getting something other than what you thought you saw when you set your in and out points. If I must use Avidemux to clip, then I try to set my in and out puts further out from where I want my cuts to be, and I'll just adjust it in Premiere. In VDub, of course, I can rely on frame accuracy, and I get exactly what I see.

Sportsgirl 1391, have you already installed AMVApp, and therefore huffy? Avidemux is an entirely closed environment. Unless you have installed those codecs across the operating system, just because Avidemux can produce it doesn't mean Vegas can read it.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

gotenks794
Org Profile

Post by gotenks794 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:16 pm

Ah, I don't clip. I guess that's why I haven't had any problems.

And sportsgirl, did you change the codec to huffy, or just the container to avi? You need to do both if you haven't already.
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:25 pm

Im still so confused on how to use VDub and then I tried with the MKVtoolnix and the MKVextract does not want to work for me I keep getting error something about MKVmerge is not in the same folder as MKVextract.

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:35 pm

Yeah im having issues with Vegas lagging when I use HD clips. Like it lags to the point where I can't do anything. When I was working with Fairy Tail my issue was the clips on some files glitching and then High School of the Dead just lags and lags and sometimes freezes my program.

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:44 pm

like here is my High School of the Dead video that I used good quality clips thats took like hours to do because it lagged so much.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQkIW5AglmI

and then here one where I tried my old converter and one of the settings for video size I put as original. and its came out like crap.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyTUXUVT ... h_response

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Have you considered the possibility that your computer may not be powerful enough to handle editing in 720p? This is especially true if you're not changing it to a lossless format.

Perhaps you should tell us what the specs of your computer are (and try not to triple post).
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”