Tool Project X2 (19/20 Finals received!)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
SilkAMV
Org Profile

Re: Tool Project X2

Post by SilkAMV » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:42 pm

I'd be taking it but like I said, I want to listen to track 11 first. Is it not available?

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:54 am

Silk_SK wrote:I'd be taking it but like I said, I want to listen to track 11 first. Is it not available?
Just download the mix and check 9:00:17 – 10:00:06.

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:08 pm

alright then I'll take track 5. I'll try a few sources out before I settle on one.

Kanti13
Org Profile

Post by Kanti13 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:42 pm

Oh, and I'm using Black Cat for part 3. I'll be able to work on it this weekend.

Kanti13
Org Profile

Post by Kanti13 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:31 am

:?
Nobody has said anything about if I can join or not (hope this isn't abandoned!).
So here's a partial beta. It's pretty rough and the first half needs work. It's all I had time to finish now, but I wanted to show whoever something...
So you can kick me out if you think I suck and all =P
Otherwise I'll prob be able to finish it this weekend at some point.

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:34 am

Kanti13 wrote::?
Nobody has said anything about if I can join or not (hope this isn't abandoned!).
So here's a partial beta. It's pretty rough and the first half needs work. It's all I had time to finish now, but I wanted to show whoever something...
It is not abandoned, it's just going really slow considering no one really showed any beta lately (though so many people talked about doing a track) and Scott isn't really active on the org anymore.

I'll tell what I think about your beta and I'll try to be as honest as I can.

The first thing that got to my mind was...why did you use .mpg as file type? Of course it's only a beta, but visual quality is a really important thing and your beta should show some of that. But instead it's all totally grainy and just doesn't look right.

Next thing is the generel editing. It seems like you tried to catch the mood of the song but didn't quite get it right. There were too many scenes that seemed slapped in at the wrong time, unnecessary scene changes while the important parts of the audio were ignored.

The effects you used (whatever the thell they were..) didn't look right, maybe because of the horrid quality of your clip, but I don't even think they'd really fit into this project (especially the ones you used in the beginning).

The last Thing I want to say is that I don't even think Black Cat is a fitting anime for the track. Maybe that is just my personal opinion, but Tool are a progressive band that holds some psychedelic feel and especially Jambi is a song which needs more than a generic anime as Black Cat.

Kanti13
Org Profile

Post by Kanti13 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:53 pm

Kevmaster wrote:
Kanti13 wrote::?
It is not abandoned, it's just going really slow considering no one really showed any beta lately (though so many people talked about doing a track) and Scott isn't really active on the org anymore.

I'll tell what I think about your beta and I'll try to be as honest as I can.

The first thing that got to my mind was...why did you use .mpg as file type? Of course it's only a beta, but visual quality is a really important thing and your beta should show some of that. But instead it's all totally grainy and just doesn't look right.

Next thing is the generel editing. It seems like you tried to catch the mood of the song but didn't quite get it right. There were too many scenes that seemed slapped in at the wrong time, unnecessary scene changes while the important parts of the audio were ignored.

The effects you used (whatever the thell they were..) didn't look right, maybe because of the horrid quality of your clip, but I don't even think they'd really fit into this project (especially the ones you used in the beginning).

The last Thing I want to say is that I don't even think Black Cat is a fitting anime for the track. Maybe that is just my personal opinion, but Tool are a progressive band that holds some psychedelic feel and especially Jambi is a song which needs more than a generic anime as Black Cat.
I used mpg because I didn't want to make a big file since it was just a rough beta. I was gonna pretty much scrap the beginning. But I agree that Black Cat isn't a great fit. Tool is one of my favorite bands which is why I wanted to join. I just couldn't for the life of me come up with something that could fit those lyrics until I thought of this anime. But that's probably my biggest problem. The type of effects I would use with an anime like this and that I would want to use for a Tool song don't fit.
I'm also more used to making mixed anime MEP parts.
Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uJ5APV29h8
My work:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=172853
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=176619

Forget about this beta. I agree with you. Maybe I could try it with Eva. I was worrying about time though, probably rushing. It would take me at least a week probably. Or you could give it to someone else of course. I would like to try again though.

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:45 am

Kanti13 wrote:Tool is one of my favorite bands which is why I wanted to join [...] Maybe I could try it with Eva
I actually tried to edit that track with EVA once but it didn't come out quite right, so I scrapped it..because Tool is as well my favourite band and I wouldn't want a half-assed track in the mep.

Give it a try :up:

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:31 pm

I've started on my track. I'm using FLCL.

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:07 pm

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”