Ikkicon V, AMV Contest Winners Updated 1/2/11 @ 3:10pm

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Ikkicon V, AMV Contest Winners Updated 1/2/11 @ 3:10pm

Postby AnimeFunTV » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:24 pm

Hello everyone, this is Ernest from AnimeFunTV.com; we are proud to sponsor and host for the 2nd year Ikkicon V, AMV Contest in Austin, TX.

Ikkicon V is being held at the The Hilton Austin, December 31, 2010 - January 2, 2011.

--------------------------------------------

AMV CONTEST SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!
Thank you to all who submitted. We will have an updated submission list by tomorrow.

All AMV Submissions were due by Midnight December 24th 2010

The FINAL Online Submission list is located Here

If you have ANY questions please feel free to PM me or email directly at AnimeFunTV@Me.com

-Ernest

Ikkicon V - AMV Coordinator
AnimeFunTV.com – CEO
Last edited by AnimeFunTV on Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:08 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Anime Fun TV, the First, and only show in the Nation dedicated into AMV's!
Chairman - Southwest Animation & Gaming Expo (SWAG Expo) Jan 30, 2015-Feb 1, 2015
AnimeFunTV

Re: Ikkicon V - AMV Contest, Now Accepting Online Submissions!

Postby Scintilla » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Er... why is the time limit for comedies LONGER than the one for dramas? I was always under the impression that longer comedies are a rarity and usually don't work as well as the shorter ones.

Also, I think this is the first contest I've seen that would DQ a video for NOT having any credits. :P

The Rules wrote:2. All AMV entries submitted must be made by you, and you alone.

So, no provision for collaborations?

Also, I should point out that the "TV standard" 720x480 will not look right for AVI or any other container that does not support aspect ratio flags. On a similar note, is it okay to submit a 720x480 MPEG-1/2/4 encoded as anamorphic widescreen, or should we letterbox and encode as 4:3 to be safe?

Also, and this is the militant grammarian in me speaking, the whole PDF is riddled with unnecessary apostrophes. Apostrophes are almost never appropriate to use for plurals that aren't possessive; the one exception of which I'm aware is when you are pluralizing a single letter.

Okay, I'm done.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)

Postby spk1983 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:31 pm

Scintilla wrote:Also, I think this is the first contest I've seen that would DQ a video for NOT having any credits. :P

Nah, I think all competitions associated with AFTV usually would have a rule as such - credits are required. It was the same for San Japan's competition this year as well.
spk1983

Postby Ileia » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:35 pm

San Japan and this one are the only two I've ever seen that require such a thing. Most conventions usually use their own title cards, if anything for consistency's sake.
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer

Postby AnimeFunTV » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:51 pm

Scintilla wrote:Er... why is the time limit for comedies LONGER than the one for dramas? I was always under the impression that longer comedies are a rarity and usually don't work as well as the shorter ones.

Also, I think this is the first contest I've seen that would DQ a video for NOT having any credits. :P

The Rules wrote:2. All AMV entries submitted must be made by you, and you alone.

So, no provision for collaborations?

Also, I should point out that the "TV standard" 720x480 will not look right for AVI or any other container that does not support aspect ratio flags. On a similar note, is it okay to submit a 720x480 MPEG-1/2/4 encoded as anamorphic widescreen, or should we letterbox and encode as 4:3 to be safe?

Also, and this is the militant grammarian in me speaking, the whole PDF is riddled with unnecessary apostrophes. Apostrophes are almost never appropriate to use for plurals that aren't possessive; the one exception of which I'm aware is when you are pluralizing a single letter.

Okay, I'm done.

AFTV is still in a learning curve when it comes to hosting AMV Contest for conventions. So any feedback is always welcomed. ;3

We are still trying to tweak the time limits since we are only allowed a 2-hr block, plus also it depends on the attendee market, Ikkicon's attendees really loved the comedy more so we made that adjustment for them. This also applies to multi-editor projects, we just simply do not have enough time to show it. (as an example, A-kon has basically a whole 8+hour room for the amv contest, so they can show projects like that.)

As far as credits go, we get some positives and negatives with it, but with experience with the TV Show, people would like to know what is being aired such as the anime, song, and artist. So we required it to be on the AMV, plus it also gives somewhat of a shout out to the anime & music industry to acknowledge their work.

I agree on the 4:3 TV standard, there a few codecs that don't like it, But usually between quality & file size mp4 (h.264) is usually the best codec out.

and yes... my grammer isn't always the best x.X that I know.
Chairman - Southwest Animation & Gaming Expo (SWAG Expo) Jan 30, 2015-Feb 1, 2015
AnimeFunTV

Postby AnimeFunTV » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:55 pm

spk1983 wrote:
Scintilla wrote:Also, I think this is the first contest I've seen that would DQ a video for NOT having any credits. :P

Nah, I think all competitions associated with AFTV usually would have a rule as such - credits are required. It was the same for San Japan's competition this year as well.

Ileia wrote:San Japan and this one are the only two I've ever seen that require such a thing. Most conventions usually use their own title cards, if anything for consistency's sake.

Credits have always been good/bad, AFTV just believes that the AMV creator should always give credit to the Anime & Song/Artist in their AMV, just to keep everyone in the industry happy. ^.^;;
AnimeFunTV

Postby Ileia » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:59 pm

I think you missed the part where I said the convention added their own title cards, everything is still being credited, it's just a matter of again, consistency.
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer

Postby AnimeFunTV » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:01 pm

Ileia wrote:I think you missed the part where I said the convention added their own title cards, everything is still being credited, it's just a matter of again, consistency.

D'ah... Yes, I'm sorry T-T

I usually like seeing what kind of credits rolls people come up with, then again some people just cut & paste credits.
AnimeFunTV

Postby HalOfBorg » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:00 pm

UltraSonic wrote:I usually like seeing what kind of credits rolls people come up with, then again some people just cut & paste credits.

:rofl:

Then you should see my credits for "The Anime Duet" - they are truly enormous. I went WAY overboard - but I had fun.

And - I just sent in "Sub Ruler".
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
HalOfBorg

Postby AnimeFunTV » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:29 pm

Just some clarifications to some questions I've been getting.

On the no CGI rule. This only pertains to 3D CGI. If it is an cell-animated cut-scene, it is okay.

Also, you do NOT have to attend the convention in order for you to submit an AMV.
AnimeFunTV

Current AMV Submission List

Postby AnimeFunTV » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:22 pm

In order to provide the best communication to all people who submitted we have the current list of people who have submitted AMV's.

This list is updated as of 12/25/2010 @ 9:30PM
THIS IS THE FINAL SUBMISSION LIST!

Action
The required 10+ AMV's for this category have been met, Action Category is now a Contest.

Tom Ackermann
Przemysław Pawełczyk
Colin Langdon
Drew Brisco
Ivan Guillen
John Guillen
Otaku Lounge
Andrew Paulino
Nils Houghton
TIGER M
Soony Brookes
Jump Cut Productions
Michelle Lisa Siddiqui
Jacob Johnson
Amanda Smith
Sulayman
Brittany Pineda

Drama
The required 10+ AMV's for this category have been met, Drama Category is now a Contest.

Drew Brisco
Colin Langdon
Amanda Smith
Ivan Guillen
Otaku Lounge
Michael Matlock
Nils Houghton
TIGER M
Monitor Zombie Productions
Matthew Hannah
Anil Singh
Zenda Borjas
Andrew Paulino
lostsoulshiro
Janet Lookabaugh
João
Keith Haymond
Weslley Lioba Caldas

Comedy
10+ AMV's must be submitted for this category to be a contest, Since it is not enough AMV's, it will be a AMV Showcase instead.

Richard Bradford
Tom Ackermann
Michael Matlock
Drew Brisco
Nils Houghton
TIGER M
Janet Lookabaugh

ALL AMV Submission were due by Midnight December 24th 2010
Last edited by AnimeFunTV on Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:27 pm, edited 8 times in total.
AnimeFunTV

Re: Ikkicon V, AMV Contest Updated 11/15/10

Postby AnimeFunTV » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:13 am

REMINDER - There are just 6 Days left to submit your AMV's!

[MOD16: Deadline has passed, edited by request]
Last edited by AnimeFunTV on Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
AnimeFunTV

Postby HalOfBorg » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:29 am

C'mon people, I don't want my video all lonely in the comedy section. Need someone to kick my butt.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
HalOfBorg

Postby Deuce Loosely » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:11 am

Well damn...never had to add credits to any of my AMVs until now.
But there they are.
Enjoy...
HalOfBorg wrote:C'mon people, I don't want my video all lonely in the comedy section. Need someone to kick my butt.

I'll do my best. :P
(sits with you in comedy bin)
AMV Showdown Coordinator
Katsucon (2012-2014) - Zenkaikon (2013-present) - Anime Mid Atlantic (2011-2013) - Nekocon (2013)
AMV Asst DH
Tekko (2014)
AMV Programming
Ichibancon (2014)
Deuce Loosely

Postby HalOfBorg » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:31 am

Yay, I'm not alone anymore!!!

You DID remember to bring food, right?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage