Need Help!

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Re: Need Help!

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:27 am

Well, if your footage isn't pixelated like that to begin with, something might be going wrong with you export it.

Here's a very loose comparison;

For example, if you open a nice high resolution photo in Photoshop and then save it to the lowest quality possible, when you open it up again it's not going to look pretty. (Does that make sense?)

So, when you saved/exported your video, how did you do it? What settings did you use? Also what program are you using to edit with?

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:30 am

Moonlight Soldier wrote:Well, if your footage isn't pixelated like that to begin with, something might be going wrong with you export it.

Here's a very loose comparison;

For example, if you open a nice high resolution photo in Photoshop and then save it to the lowest quality possible, when you open it up again it's not going to look pretty. (Does that make sense?)

So, when you saved/exported your video, how did you do it? What settings did you use? Also what program are you using to edit with?
Well I used Sony Vegas Pro and I changed the settings to HDV like 1280 one if you understand what im saying. Maybe I need to change it to higher settings?

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:37 am

Export lossless. HUFFYUV or Lagarith. That should be in your export options. Also don't use 1280x720p unless your source is actually 720p (I believe HSotD is), but I don't know where you're getting your source from.

You then want to compress from your export using ZarxGUI (x264/MP4box). Play around with the settings, but even on default, it should produce far better than this.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:47 am

Kionon wrote:Export lossless. HUFFYUV or Lagarith. That should be in your export options. Also don't use 1280x720p unless your source is actually 720p (I believe HSotD is), but I don't know where you're getting your source from.

You then want to compress from your export using ZarxGUI (x264/MP4box). Play around with the settings, but even on default, it should produce far better than this.
what is "HUFFYUV or Lagarith"? and I just now changed the settings im trying different things. But I know one friend when I went to school with him we had worked on mac computers and he was using some program to try and get rid of the pixels he would go around messing with different settings like it was weird...idk even know what it was. He took the file straight from his dvd and was trying to fix the pixels. I don't have a mac im waiting to get one I just don't have the money to get one at the moment.

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:14 am

ok so I changed it from HDV 720-30p (1280x720, 29.970 fps) to HD 1080-24p (1920x1080, 23.976 fps) and then the first time I render it was mainconcept AVC/AAC(*mp4) that was even more pixelated. and then I changed the render format to XDCAM EX (mp4) alot better still alittle pixelated but the file is 314 mb now =/

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:15 am

Hmm I don't have Vegas so I can't give you any step-by-step on how to export, (maybe there's a friendly Vegas user online who can help); but essentially, you want to pick a file type that's going to give you the highest quality export available.

Huffyuv and lagarith are examples of codecs that do that for .avi files.

You can get those codecs from the AMVapp and a nifty program called ZarxGui, which will then take your high quality file (or lossless file) and compress it to a more manageable size.

(For example, usually when I export my lossless file will be like 2 gigs, and then I run it through ZarxGUI to get a file that's maybe 15mbs, but still looks good.)

It's possible that if you install huffyuv or lagarith they might become options when you go to save your file, but I can't say for sure since I don't have Vegas. ^^''

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:19 am

Moonlight Soldier wrote:Hmm I don't have Vegas so I can't give you any step-by-step on how to export, (maybe there's a friendly Vegas user online who can help); but essentially, you want to pick a file type that's going to give you the highest quality export available.

Huffyuv and lagarith are examples of codecs that do that for .avi files.

You can get those codecs from the AMVapp and a nifty program called ZarxGui, which will then take your high quality file (or lossless file) and compress it to a more manageable size.

(For example, usually when I export my lossless file will be like 2 gigs, and then I run it through ZarxGUI to get a file that's maybe 15mbs, but still looks good.)

It's possible that if you install huffyuv or lagarith they might become options when you go to save your file, but I can't say for sure since I don't have Vegas. ^^''
Well the only thing with avi is that their hard for me to work with like avi are the type of files I try not to work with I usually have to convert them which then I also lose quality when I do that because for some reason Sony Vegas pro 9 won't work with most avi files. or at least I can't get it to work.

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:30 am

Hmm, hopefully someone who has Vegas will help you out.

I use Magix and generally edit with lossless avi clips or mp4s, and then export to a lossless avi and compress from there (as described in that previous post).

But I can't really help you further since I don't use Vegas :X Sorry.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:31 am

it's not the .avi that vegas is having problems with, it's the codec used to encode those files (most likely xvid or divx).
Lagarith encoded .avi files play nicely with Vegas when you import stuff, and you shouldn't have problems rendering using it.

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:48 am

Yeah I try to use mp4 im experimenting with the different ways of doing this. I think one of the problems is that the files were orginally mkv and then I converted it to mp4 but the size of the video was the standard for the ipod and then I cropped it back to HD so idk that could also be a factor in this. I need to get a different converter.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”