Too cheezy/overused?

gotenks794
Org Profile

Too cheezy/overused?

Post by gotenks794 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:29 pm

I have a song with a fairly lengthy piano intro and I was considering do the 'ol piano key effect. You know, with the white rectangle flashing along with the piano notes and such. Do you think this is to cheezy and/or overused? In your opinion, does this have any adverse effects on your enjoyment of the video?

I ask because I'm a sucker for these sorts of things and I've been told some of my other video's effects come off as cheezy.. :sweat:
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Re: Too cheezy/overused?

Post by Bauzi » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:44 am

Cheesy... maybe. Overused? I don't think so. It got quite rare these days I think. I bet a lot of new editors don't even know about it.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:52 am

Bauzi wrote:I bet a lot of new editors don't even know about it.
Yeah, haha, I was reading some comments on Youtube where someone was like "Ooh! I liked the bars on the piano notes, that's so original!"

It's like we've come full circle.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:21 pm

With the new Video Copilot lens flare pack we will see the rise of lensflare 2.0.

Just wait for it xD
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

gotenks794
Org Profile

Post by gotenks794 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:19 pm

I've never felt less like a noob. I will ponder your statements and make my decision, then.
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.

Return to “Effects & Techniques”