My Escape - An Arashi No Yoru Ni (One Stormy Night) AMV

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Krystedez
Org Profile

My Escape - An Arashi No Yoru Ni (One Stormy Night) AMV

Post by Krystedez » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:40 pm

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=178003

I have also posted this video on youtube, and I would like to have comments made there as well if possible. :) I'm new to this scene in general. But I made AMVs before. This is my first time making one with Sony Vegas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-DdyphPImM

Sorry for sound quality~! When I get a chance to, I'll put a better quality version up if possible. Might "remaster" the video if I get a chance too, but otherwise I'm pretty much done.

Thanks for any comments/criticism! Hope you enjoy.

gotenks794
Org Profile

Re: My Escape - An Arashi No Yoru Ni (One Stormy Night) AMV

Post by gotenks794 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:18 pm

:shock:
Technically it wasn't great but it was adorable and awesome so I didn't care. I need to check out this movie.
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:51 am

An Arashi No Me Yoru Ni AMV?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:59 am

I love this song <3 Gonna check this out later...

/ghets

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:33 pm

NO ME? WHAT?

Tearx
The Malicious Feline
Org Profile

Post by Tearx » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:25 pm

Welll. I'm going to go watch this source. I shall give my review once I'm done x]! (it looks so cuute!!!)

Edit: oke watched it x] (it was so cute)
anyways, the combination of the song and source I personally feel is perfect, I wish you synced things up more, but the lyric sync was right on so I enjoyed that. Some of the effects were a bit odd looking, but it did play it's part in the video. Keep it up~ :up:

Krystedez
Org Profile

Post by Krystedez » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:18 pm

Thanks, all, for your comments.

I'm actually thinking of redoing it, not remastering it, and hopefully this time with a few better ideas. I want to do something more with the beginning, and I want to sync everything perfectly, and not just the lyrics :)

Any ideas or tips or other helpful advice as well as suggestions are welcome.

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:41 am

I love the movie when it first came out, absolutely adorable imho. Now it's been a while since I saw the movie but it actually captured the feel of the movie pretty well with a few thorns sticking out here and there.

First of all are the somewhat obvious things being the video quality,bars and what seems like a slightly off aspect ratio. You've also done something strange with the audio which makes it sound a little "girbbled" if that's even a word. Basically there is a lot of digital noise and deformation in the audio. That might just be your source but mpeg 1 stream 2 would dictate otherwise.

Now these are things you can fix when going through Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides Lovingly Overhauled Largely by Zarxrax</a>.

Technical aside, I enjoyed the video minus a few odd choices of filtering and cookie cutters. When going for a video like this cranking the saturation up in certain scenes just looks terrible. And things like the cookie cutters just completely break the flow of the video.

There are some very rough cuts here and there but overall like I said before I enjoyed the video a lot. I hope you'll take some of this and use it to your advantage for your next endeavors.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”