Can only render as a audio file?

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
KittywittywithFatcat
Org Profile

Can only render as a audio file?

Post by KittywittywithFatcat » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:28 pm

I've been looking at video editing software since I decided to start making AMVs, I tried to use Sony Vegas 9.0d pro, unfortunately although I can get a preview, and I'm importing different video files and types like .AVI and .MPEG but when I try to render the actual video my only options are audio files. At the moment I'm stuck with Cyberlink PowerDirector 8 and it's not doing the best of jobs. Any suggestions? I've tried different files, different settings, cutting out the audio, installing new codecs, nothing is really working.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: Can only render as a audio file?

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:14 pm

Which codecs have you tried to install? That dropdown menu looks really suspicious and really out of place...

KittywittywithFatcat
Org Profile

Post by KittywittywithFatcat » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:19 pm

Well DIVX has always done the trick usually for Windows Media player and VLC, but now I've just installed the AMVapp package, and still get the same results. If I cut out the audio from the video, and try to render it just asks me to Save as a .veg file.

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:27 pm

Can you try selecting the whole project (for example by double clicking on the audio track) and going File => Render As... ?

Still the same result?

KittywittywithFatcat
Org Profile

Post by KittywittywithFatcat » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:36 pm

Still same result :/.

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:33 pm

Hmmm, one more idea - isn't your PC using 32-bit processor, by any chance? If yes, you should use Vegas 9.0c, d is for 64-bit.

If it's not this, I have no idea, sorry ><

KittywittywithFatcat
Org Profile

Post by KittywittywithFatcat » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:36 pm

It is using 32 bit, but when I was 9.0c I had the same exact problem and looking over google someone suggested to fix most problems would to upgrade to 9.0d, but I've still got the same problem.

Mastamind
Org Profile

Post by Mastamind » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:38 pm

Or, just another possibility, it might just be a problem with Vegas being unable to read the codec. If it's something like divx, xvid, or h264 it's likely Vegas just isn't able to display or render the video.
Does this happen with everything? If you drag something from "media generators" onto the timeline, do you still get the same problem? As Nya said, that looks suspicious.

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:46 pm

Mastamind wrote:Does this happen with everything? If you drag something from "media generators" onto the timeline, do you still get the same problem? As Nya said, that looks suspicious.
It still should suggest to render usual stuff (avi, wav, wmv, mp4, mp3, etc), even when you have audio timeline only - I have tried it ^^;;

KittywittywithFatcat
Org Profile

Post by KittywittywithFatcat » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:53 pm

Still happens the same with the Media generator, I used the credit roll, put it to 59 seconds, then tried to render it, but the only options were the same in Save as like a .veg file. I was just also wondering, about the preview, if I press the play button where my mouse is in the picture I just get audio playing, I can't see any preview. But if I go to Project Media and select a video file then press the preview button where the red is it comes up. I was just wondering if it's supposed to work like that, or my computer is being silly. I can drag the file from the Project Media then open it in the Trimmer then view it, but if I click the play button where my mouse is, only audio. Also if I try to preview it in External Monitor, I just get audio and black screen.

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”