New Script Recommendations.......

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
TwilightChrono
Org Profile

New Script Recommendations.......

Post by TwilightChrono » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:18 pm

Well, my computer previously had a meltdown and I just got everything back up and running and got everything back installed the way it was.

However, before the crash of my compy, I primarily used 1 script for any and all filtering. Now, with a brand new editing program (Upgradred from Previous version) I would like to start new with a new batch of scripts and have a few questions.

I need scripts for certain anime's and was curious if you guy's have any recommendations for scripts for these Anime. Or if you have a specific script for each individual anime and what looks best and what not:

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
Air Gear
Vandread
El Hazard: The Magnificent World
Chrono Crusade
Tenjho Tenge
.Hack//SIGN
.Hack//LOTT

If you guys could help with finding or making scripts for these anime even if just a few of them, I would be very appreciative.

Lemme know if you guys have any suggestions. Thanks Guys.
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: New Script Recommendations.......

Post by ngsilver » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:38 am

Code: Select all

mpeg2source("source.d2v", cpu=6)
Deblock(quant=25)
Checkmate(24)
AMVIVTC(mode=x)
crop(2,2,2,2)
spline36resize(640,480)
DeRainbow(10)
TTempSmooth()
#Deen(mode="w3d",3,3,5)
Toon()
I've worked with El Hazard in the past, but that was before upgrading to the newest version of the AMVapp (I was using 2.0 back then.) I'm assuming you're using the newest AMVapp setup. The script I have above is basically what I generally use for most things. When I was working on Maze the other day I used this exact script since I had a lot of blocking, rainbowing, dot crawl, and just general horribleness. I have Deen on there in case I feel I need deen but generally I use ttempsmooth instead.

Basically, this script does just about everything I need it to. Though if I don't need certain scripts I just comment them out.
ImageImageImageImage

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:57 pm

Appreciate the help NG. Thanks a bunch.

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:18 pm

Sorry for the double post. Can I get the download links for that entire list? I don't have to codecs or whatever I need for the majority of these. Do I need to look them up on Doom9 or what? Can I has links?

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:51 am

FFT3DGPU, GradFun2DBmod, and removegrain are the only ones i seem to use lately excluding interlacing/resizing/etc... fft3d has sharpening, dehaloing, and some other neat stuff built in. Honestly it's my all purpose filter for the most part. Gradfun is only used for sources with terrible banding like R1's of fate/stay night for example. I use removegrain quite frequently as well but I can't really explain when and how to use it. You should read the .doc for it and experiment.

Make sure you follow the install procedure correctly for fft3dpu (there is a DLL you put in your systems32 folder for it to work) and read up on how to use it well. If you don't have very good video cards then go with FFT3Dfilter instead which only uses the processor. Assuming you read it and understand how to use it well, you may not have to use many filters in your scripts anymore.

For gradfun2bmod make sure you get the dll's listed or else it won't work.

I don't like giving complete scripts to ppl cause there is no good script that works well for everything. Experimenting is the best way to learn. If you don't want to IVTC and preserve the NTSC frame rate just use a deinterlacer like Tdeint. I dunno about other ppl, but for some reason I like editing at NTSC. However Tdeint is bad on some sources when it comes to edges, it breaks them horribly. You can fix this easily in combination with EEDI2 from http://web.missouri.edu/~kes25c/#c4. The basic script for that would be the stuff posted below but again, you should read up and experiment if you can...

interp = separatefields().selecteven().EEDI2(field=1)
deinted = tdeint(edeint=interp,order=1,field=1)
tfm(clip2 = deinted,order=1)
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:59 am

I'd like to think of them as plugins or filters for avisynth. Definitely not codecs. :book:

Most of those come along as part of the AMVapp.

or try avisynth.org: -Internal filters are part of avisynth, and do not need to be downloaded
-External Filters can come in different forms with different file extensions:
  • Make sure you have file extensions showing on your computer so you know what you are dealing with
  • They sometimes come as .dll's, or .avs/.avsi's, or even install-files (.exe)
-They typically go in your avisynth plugin's directory:
  • usually "C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins"
  • sometimes .dll's need to go in "C:\Windows\System32" or "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" too
  • .avs's should be renamed .avsi for them to auto-load
  • if you get a .zip/.rar/.7z, right click and extract first
  • .exe should self-install
-If installed correctly, you should be able to call them from your own avisynth scripts;
-Currently, this is what one of my scripts would look like: (in many cases, most lines are not necessary)

Code: Select all

mpeg2source("DVD_index.d2v",cpu=0)# sometimes higher cpu can postprocess too aggressively
#checkmate()                      # if you have dot crawl
tfm(mode=1,pp=5,slow=2,micmatching=2,clip2=tdeint(mode=2,type=3)) # restores progressive frames
tdecimate()                       # removes extra duplicates; NTSC footage becomes 23.976fps
#removeblend()                    # tries to restore blended frames; useful for PAL footage
#applyrange(0,500, "deblock", 25) # if frames 0-500 are especially blocky; works with other filters...
#deblock_qed()                    # deblocks proportionally to the amount of blockiness
crop(8,0,-8,-0)                   # chops 8px from the left/right; 0px top/bottom

################### DENOISERS:    # pick one denoiser; google the documentation for details
fluxsmoothst()                    # fast; other denoiser can yield better results
#FFT3DGPU()                       # slower; requires FFTW3.dll in above Windows directory
#FFT3DFilter(sigma=1.5, bt=5, bw=32, bh=32, ow=16, oh=16, sharpen=0.4) # more customizable...
#something funky with MVTools     # potentially slow; custom results; somewhat advanced usage
#dfttest()                        # quite slow; usually overboard; useful as a last resort
###################

#derainbow()                      # in case you have rainbow defects; somewhat slow
#dup(blend=true, threshold=1.5)   # replaces similar frames with duplicates; reduces noise
spline36resize(848,480)           # resizes to  848px wide by 480px high; or 640,480 for fullscreen
#maa()                            # anti-aliasing from animeivtc package; fixes jagged edges
#fastlinedarken(30, thinning=0)   # default strength=48; try Hysteria() as an alternative
limitedsharpen(strength=75)       # default strength=100; try UnFilter(50,50) for something faster
gradfun2db()                      # tries to restore gradients destroyed during filtering
Notes:
  • The sequential order of the filters is important...
  • Some filters can be very CPU intense
  • To make a line have no effect, put a # symbol in front of it and refresh/reload your script
  • There is always room for experimentation with other filters...
[see above for places to find other filters, or see what you've already got in your plugins folder]
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:51 pm

I'm sorry for necroing an old thread of mine but i just need to ask the question since it was brought up in here. Can you guys link me to the new AMVAppSetup? Is there a newer one or is the beta one still the newest?

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:11 pm

Sorry for the dbl post, I found the new one, but the one I am currently using is the 3.0 Beta >.> and I can't instlal the newer version without losing all my progress on Heaven's Faith 2 and CascadaThon 2 as well as a few other projects.

So, my question to you guys is, using the 3.0 Beta AMVApp I was curious if you guys could provide me with a script for the following anime's so that I may finish my video and install the new version.

The current script I am using is this:

Mpeg2Source("C:\Users\Twilight\Desktop\Ripped Footage\El Hazard\Combined Footage.d2v")
Telecide(1)
Decimate(5)
Tweak(cont=1.1)
Awarpsharp(12)
Deen("a2d",3,7,9)
Crop(8,58,-8,-58)
LanczosResize(848,480)

However, this makes it too bright and when the contrast is taken away it's still either a little bright or too grainy.
So, I need a new script that works best for the following anime's:

Birdy The Mighty DECODE
Rosario+Vampire CAPU2
Lucky Star
K-ON!
K-ON!!
Gurren Lagan Yoko Box
Dragon Crisis
Air TV

Thanks in advance guys. I would like the colors to be sharp and the video to be crisp. Keep in mind I am using the 3.0 Beta AMVApp.

Thanks again in advance guys. I'll go ahead and make anothe rthread about this.

Return to “AviSynth Help”