AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal (Nekocon 14, here we come!)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Honou_Miko
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal

Post by Honou_Miko » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:02 am

Gaelstrom wrote:
Honou_Miko wrote:
Gaelstrom wrote:Somehow I saw the King from Ouran explaining it to everyone, but I know that's not that good ^^

....Maybe not the King, but Renge. There's that scene where she's at the shopping center doing some stupid Power Rangers ripoff skit for a bunch of kids.

Oh God. I love making Renge completely perverted. It's not like I have to do much. She is a winner.
Or I could Beck it up a bit? :wink: Koyuki singing cheerfully about our special parts to the crowd of people at the Dying Breed concert. Oh god I hurt my sanity there...

Ooh. I think the running gag potential is there, I think different characters should be assigned to specific body part explanations.

I feel very strongly about Renge explaining penises, though. :asd:
AKA CurryMuttonPizza

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:07 am

Which one is Renge again? Is that "High Powered Motor" girl or am I just completely blanking on everything Ouran related... it has been years since I saw it, I just can't believe how old it is now... and I am now. I'd say that one needs to remain as a single character. Thinking objectively it may be too much for the audience to follow if the clips are too far apart and are different characters. I learned that aspect by realizing I was dead wrong about the Haruvi Baadoman clip being okay earlier than just before the credits. Everyone's into it and doesn't want to have to think too hard, so handing it to them on a platter is probably best ^^
ImageImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:21 am

The idea brewing here is so incredibly sketchy...I'm already anxious to see what comes out of this (the idea, not the penis, vulva,...er, never mind). I was gonna stop short of the anus because I was thinking of too literal of a representation but I like the concept of them being "implied." Steph, you're too much! Even getting all the Ouran characters in it like they were discussing these words...wow. I think the moon must be full tonight..?
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:26 am

Honou_Miko wrote:Ooh. I think the running gag potential is there, I think different characters should be assigned to specific body part explanations.
:rofl:
I just thought of something.
Once you assign a character to each body part, at the end we could edit those characters in the same clip singing "Enormous Penis" by DaVinci's Notebook or something equally harmonious and wrong.
:asd:
We should each take a body part and put the fourth up for grabs.

Erm...you know what I meant.
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

Honou_Miko
Org Profile

Post by Honou_Miko » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:34 am

Gaelstrom wrote:Which one is Renge again? Is that "High Powered Motor" girl or am I just completely blanking on everything Ouran related
Yup, that is her. The one that comes in, declares herself manager, and always has insightful input as to what is the most sexy thing for the men to do for the fangirls.

It could work either way... although the song is so... catchy? Recognizable, at least... that I think people wouldn't have a problem with it if it's separated. But I do see what you mean. It will all depend on the flow of the rest of it, probably.

Deuce Loosely wrote:
Honou_Miko wrote:Ooh. I think the running gag potential is there, I think different characters should be assigned to specific body part explanations.
:rofl:
I just thought of something.
Once you assign a character to each body part, at the end we could edit those characters in the same clip singing "Enormous Penis" by DaVinci's Notebook or something equally harmonious and wrong.
:asd:
We should each take a body part and put the fourth up for grabs.

Erm...you know what I meant.
My very first Ouran video was to Enormous Penis..... I think my strangest/best ideas come to me when I'm in the process of falling asleep. Problem is, I think of them, and they wake me up again because I start laughing.

I call dibs on penis. :ying:
AKA CurryMuttonPizza

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:39 am

Deuce... it must be a full moon. Unless anyone has anything against it, can I claim the beginning again? I came up with an idea to outdo the 3D AMV Salad logo.

Also, I was trying to think of something that would be as good a start as the Sony POS one, and I realized... what do you guys think of me doing another short Haruvi Baadoman one? The thought I had when I made it was "This could form a fanparody all its own easily." There were several more things i wanted to do. And it just came to me. It's a connection from the end of AMVS4 into AMVS5, and the idea I have would allow a great lead-in to the AMVS5 logo idea I have. I don't wanna spoil it for you, but if you'd like to hear it to make sure it's worth it, I think you may like it ^^ It covers many things: connective tissue between AMVS4 and AMVS5, seamless lead into the intro (if I can pull it off, which I think I can) and turning AMVS into a sort of connected series in a sort of subconscious way from the end of 4 to the beginning of 5.

I'm honestly inspired by this idea. I'd love to move forward on it. I'll finish it sooner rather than later of course so it's solidified long before our deadline, but I want to make sure everyone's okay with it.
ImageImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:39 am

Honou_Miko wrote:I call dibs on penis. :ying:
That's what she said. :P

I'll let Gael take next choice since he was in on this before me. :jester:

And I'm fine with having you take the opening on the video again, no problem. :up:
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:54 am

Hehe, I dunno, I think in this case I'll let you all handle this one. My initial impressions are that it may work as a one-shot, and there'll be a stronger running gag that may arise in the near future. My friends and I were discussing that the Old Spice Body Wash "On a Horse" guy may make a great running gag, but I've yet to determine the best way that would work. Right now, I'm thinking this clip may work as a one or two shot. Like go through penis, and cut it off mid-second-verse on vulva RIGHT when the audience realizes it has several verses. Then later on randomly continue with anus with Renge still speaking to increasingly stoic characters or something for a shorter clip. The song may too long to maintain its fun through all of it I think. I'd have to think about it in a few days to see how it goes with my "3 Day Rule" (which is: is it still funny 3 days from now, and not in the middle of the night when I'm tired ^^)
ImageImageImage

Honou_Miko
Org Profile

Post by Honou_Miko » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:04 am

Gaelstrom wrote: I'd have to think about it in a few days to see how it goes with my "3 Day Rule" (which is: is it still funny 3 days from now, and not in the middle of the night when I'm tired ^^)
I need to employ this more often with things I think are funny. I have that rule with outlandish project ideas (like the time I thought I could trace every frame of the music video for "Bad" by Michael Jackson and somehow animate it with Light and L taking different verses - yeah, that was stupid, I have no experience in animation). But there is definitely a reason half the stuff that was on my old YT account was even there - it did not have a 3 day rule applied to it. These things have not been reuploaded to the new account because they are far too silly. XD

EDIT:

I have to work on the lip synch, but: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7y68uJSdKc
AKA CurryMuttonPizza

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:50 am

Honou_Miko wrote:I have to work on the lip synch, but: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7y68uJSdKc
*Begins a slow clap*

Hehe. I dunno if her being so brazenly upbeat matches the audio as well ^^ Maybe if there exists ANYTHING of her even SLIGHTLY more mellow it'll be less disjointed (even if I know that just doesn't exist with her -_-), but definitely a fun one :D Like I thought I dunno if we need to overplay it, that one may just be perfect as just an awesome one shot. I get the feeling she needs a sort of lead-in though. Kinda like how I had Hughes step forward with the mic before stomping the puddle just for a little bit of scene establishment.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”