AMV Salad 4: TV Dinner (next stop - Nekocon)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Squancho
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 4: TV Dinner (next stop - TBA)

Post by Squancho » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:51 am

Yup...definitely eaten by the hard drive thing. I apologize for that. I lost a few clips to that disaster (as well as a killer AMV I was working on). I'll see if I can find it in my email / 'org archives and put it in this one. Sorry about that... :oops:
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:39 am

Dar wrote:Side boob hour... it was the first submission you received....
Sorry to say, but if you dropped off the clip and then left the project alone and never checked this thread for follow-up, then this type of thing is the result. There were multiple betas, the last 2 or 3 of which came after Deuce's HD fried and we had to re-send our clips in.
ImageImageImage

Dar
yuri addict
Org Profile

Post by Dar » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:16 pm

Gaelstrom wrote:
Dar wrote:Side boob hour... it was the first submission you received....
Sorry to say, but if you dropped off the clip and then left the project alone and never checked this thread for follow-up, then this type of thing is the result. There were multiple betas, the last 2 or 3 of which came after Deuce's HD fried and we had to re-send our clips in.
I came back once, and he said he had the clip.
And my name is on the first post.
I got my stuff done early because i knew i would be busy in the future.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:56 pm

Watched it on megavideo. Gotta say, nice work you guys. :D

Some were good, some were great, some where ok, but overall the experience was nice. My favorite in the project had to be the one that was right before the credits with Haurhi and the harvey Birdman skit. :lol: A close second came with the Geico running commericals. xD

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:45 pm

CodeZTM wrote:Watched it on megavideo. Gotta say, nice work you guys. :D

Some were good, some were great, some where ok, but overall the experience was nice. My favorite in the project had to be the one that was right before the credits with Haurhi and the harvey Birdman skit. :lol: A close second came with the Geico running commericals. xD
Haha, thank you thank you thank you! I wasn't sure if anyone really liked it! I was so happy with that one because everything Phil says totally sounds like it could come out of Haruhi's mouth. I'm so glad you liked it. Halfway through making it I realized Koizumi may actually have been the unintentional focus, so I allowed it to go longer and it turned into a Koizumi/Haruhi joke with Kyon stuck in the middle as usual, and realized it had basically turned into the same as the anime, just a bit more ridiculous :D
ImageImageImage

InspZenigata
Org Profile

Post by InspZenigata » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:34 pm

Alrighty, I gotta find this on megavideo now.

(edit: Nope, AMV Salad 4 isn't up there from what I can find... drat)

Also, Gaelstrom how's your luck with uploading that reaction recording of yours? I'd love to examine the audience reaction to the viewing. It might help me select better clips to work on for AMVS5.
ImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:56 pm

InspZenigata wrote:Alrighty, I gotta find this on megavideo now.

(edit: Nope, AMV Salad 4 isn't up there from what I can find... drat)
Go to my 'org profile and click AMV Salad 4. There should be a direct link there somewhere...
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:57 pm

Sorry about the delay on the reaction vid, many things have come up here because I had blinders on the week before and week after Otakon. The reaction vid is 311 megs, if any of you know a better compression method, I'd love some help with that. I've never been good with compression. Deuce, you've managed to get 26 minutes to about 100 megs, what can I do? My compression in AfterEffects and Premiere have never been very... reasonable. DV was just because I found out it RARs up well and maintains good quality, but that's not effective here. THe 311 megs is an mp4.

If I can get it smaller, I'll just PM a link to my website for it and just use up some of my barely-used bandwidth.
ImageImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:30 pm

Actually I'm awaiting "large upload" permission from the org since I could only get the size to just over 160mb (mp4). That's from a mpeg2 over 2.2GB in size compressed by DivX to a 402mb AVI. I dare not try and compress further for fear of making the video quality unwatchable.
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

Squancho
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 4: TV Dinner (next stop - Nekocon)

Post by Squancho » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:01 am

Like a fool (at 5:30am) I spent an additional half-hour watching through the reaction video.

My pride was filled all over again.

I'm tempted to rip the audio track and mix it somehow with the actual AMVS4 so we can have a full view of the video, audio without the acoustic problems of the room, and audience reaction all at once. I'll experiment and see what shakes out. If it's good enough, I'll upload the final result and leave a download link here to what I'll call AMV Salad 4: Live at Otakon 2010.

In the meantime, if you haven't already, get yer arses over to the AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal thread! Deviance and dementia is already a-brewin'...
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”