Error.EXE - Judge's Award AVCon 2010

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Error.EXE - Judge's Award AVCon 2010

Post by Infinity Squared » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:00 pm

Yeay Evangelion! Anyway, this be my AVCon entry and it was awesome seeing it play to a full theatre. It's a fairly simple action/drama video with an alternate interpretation of the song... sort of.

Added bonus, here's my AVCon IC video which didn't win (got runner up or something but yeah...)

Enjoy!
Last edited by Infinity Squared on Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

jubjub2
Org Profile

Re: Error.EXE - Judge's Award AVCon 2010

Post by jubjub2 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:18 pm

Ooh! Mark videos!

/gets

Edit: That was well done, sir. Some of your phrasing was off, imho, but other parts just flowed effortlessly.
Last edited by jubjub2 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Megamom
Org Profile

Post by Megamom » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:01 am

Ok for my AMV's not my favorite... but it is good, although I feel that lacked harmony between music and the scenes, perhaps the escene selection is the problem!

3/5 :up:
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

Tearx
The Malicious Feline
Org Profile

Post by Tearx » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:43 pm

I was really disappointed by the eva video for I don't feel it went along with the song at all, Personally, Imogen Heap is one of my favorite artist and it just seems it didn't do it justice (however I may just be biased)

with the other video:
atmosphere was okay, but once again the song seemed a bit off from the scenes.

Niwa
Cake Addiction
Org Profile

Post by Niwa » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:10 pm

A different kind of Evangelion video, and I enjoyed it. I pretty much liked the pace and the scene selection, The wipe transitions worked fine, but looked really weird in some sections. And also, it would be nice seeing a bit more of the black fades. To be honest with you, while watching this, I had a bit of the Euphoria nostalgi.

Good job :up:

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:50 pm

I liked it, I put it in a playlist with M Drive and it feels kinda like a continuation (which is great, because I like both videos). :up:
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:17 pm

Didn't really like the Eva video sorry...just felt like it didn't connect with the song :|

I really enjoyed the IC video though :awesome: Good job! :up:

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:44 pm

Heyo, thank you all for watching ^_^

I can understand why people may not see the connection between the song and anime because there's probably more action scenes in there than would be necessary. But yeah, as I said, this is about trying to flesh out the Shinji and Rei connection that was highlighted more in the movie.

Fizziks
Org Profile

Post by Fizziks » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:41 pm

Reset Play was very well done, especially for an IC video. In your video description, you mentioned that the judges didn't like the how it felt cut off, but personally I thought the abrupt ending fit perfectly with this AMV.

Error.EXE is definitely not like your typical Evangelion AMV, but the tempo and scene selection of this video won me over.

Nice work on both videos! :up:

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:08 am

As some others, just don't feel the connection between your editing and the music
Plus, as one of the MF3 editors, I have to say this is pretty strange to see this music edited in such a different way ._.
I remember I was really disappointed that Eva 2.22 was released just after we finished the MEP haha. I was like "it's unfair T_T" and well...
I was hoping you'ld do what I couldn't since Oro told me about you making this vid. But you didn't, knowing I love M Drive (one of my favourite Eva vids), I'm disappointed by the final result : (

(And that audio cut at the end T_T)

Well, still cool to watch one more time Eva 2.22 scenes :awesome:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”