First anime you ever saw?

Otohiko
Org Profile

Re: First anime you ever saw?

Post by Otohiko » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:50 am

Kionon wrote:
ZipZapZopTitania wrote:I wanna say Romeo X Juliet...but I used to watch Hamtaro when I was in, like, kindergarten or something. And I distinctly remember watching an episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! when I was little, and getting totally confused by people fighting with cards. xD I kinda knew they were anime...but I didn't watch them often, anyway. Almost a year ago I was helping my friend babysit her little brother, and we were watching Twilight and she was fooling around on her laptop (I was the biggest Twilight fangirl ever back then), and then she pulled up the RXJ trailer. And then she found it on YouTube, I started watching it, got totally and completely hooked...and ze rest is history, nya~ To this day, it's my favorite show of all time. I know, you may think it's idiotic that I'm so hooked even after being a fan for just a year, but I'm fourteen. I've got time. xD And I'd taken an interest in drawing manga months beforehand, FYI~
I really must stop reading this thread. :|
I bet you feel so old, you're wondering whether you should even be alive anymore. :asd:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:08 am

It's the idea that Twilight is "back then" that pushed me over the edge.

Isn't the Twilight series (and all things sparkly Vampire) the big fad right now? Or am I so out of it we've moved on to werewolves with perms?
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

gotenks794
Org Profile

Post by gotenks794 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:26 am

Mine was sailor moon followed by DBZ, and I'm only 2 years older than ZipZapZopTitania. If it makes you feel any better.
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:10 pm

gotenks794 wrote:Mine was sailor moon followed by DBZ, and I'm only 2 years older than ZipZapZopTitania. If it makes you feel any better.
It doesn't. I've been an anime fan longer than both of you have been alive.

But it could always be worse. I could be Vlad. Who has been an anime fan since the Dawn of Time.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

jenifer111
Org Profile

Post by jenifer111 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:59 am

King of the Hill was first anime that I had ever seen. I completed this series at the age of 15. It is a great show..

Evangelion Unit 01
Org Profile

Post by Evangelion Unit 01 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:16 am

Movie wise Akria

Series wise steel angel kurumi
I SACRIFICE!

hilician
Org Profile

Post by hilician » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:32 pm

Yamato Takeru
Almost as if an apple r*ped a pear.

chu456
Org Profile

Post by chu456 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:02 am

i think my first animes were Arupusu no shōjo Haiji (Heidi) and Mitsubachi Māya no Bōken (The Adventures of Maya the Honeybee)
in germany they are a must have seen TV-show for kids

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:13 am

Speed Racer late nights, then eventually came ronin warriors on TV.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Cross/fade
Type-Moon <3
Org Profile

Post by Cross/fade » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:41 am

Not sure which one was first:

Dash! Kappei or Tiger Mask

I remember they were translated into Polish from an Italian dubbing :uhoh:

Return to “General Anime”