AMV Salad 4: TV Dinner (next stop - Nekocon)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 4: TV Dinner (OTAKON World Premiere - 10pm 7.31)

Post by Gaelstrom » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:42 am

8PM at 5 Guys on Thursday. Again, you can stop by and say hi, you don't actually have to eat there. Bring your friends as well. Granted the group will become like 30 people, but who cares, the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned ^^ ...unitl the servers at 5 Guys kick us out :D
ImageImageImage

moonbunnychan
Org Profile

Post by moonbunnychan » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:16 am

lol, and that's about what time I'm in the pre reg line. No promises but I'll see what I can do.

InspZenigata
Org Profile

Post by InspZenigata » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:17 pm

Gaelstrom wrote:The other night as I was falling asleep though, I thought of something that really intrigued me. Family Guy does the aside cuts all the time, and it made me think it would be cool if there were an actual fanparody ala Evangelion Redeath that also had cuts aside to AMV Hell/AMV Salad style clips when they're mentioned. It would be quite complex and of course require a lot of good resources, writing and voice acting, but the idea still was intriguing ^^
Voice acting you say? (Also, I really need to read this thread more)

As a voice-actor in training, I'LL TAKE THE CASE!!! [/Birdman] Seriously, I'd be willing to audition if necessary.

RE: AMVS 5 ideas... I don't particularly care for the Family Guy idea. I've got all my ideas for AMVS4 which I wasn't able to do (yay finishing college!) plus several more which go beyond the AMVS4 theme. I'd like to include these in AMVS5... if we want to do a Family Guy thing, maybe just one segment but I wouldn't make it a theme for the whole project.

Also, I may have missed this but although Otakon will have a slightly censored AMVS4, have we put up a link to the "finished" AMVSS4 yet? All I'll got is the beta...or alpha... I can't even remember.
ImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:59 pm

I think you and everyone else will like the "censored" version better. I haven't upped it to the 'org yet but the info is waiting to be released. I dated its premiere for August 2 (the day after Otakon) so everyone will get a chance to confirm their collaboration then. I have to figure out how to encode a 26-minute video to as close to 100mb as possible (I know I'm not gonna be able to get under that) without compromising visual quality too much.

Here's what I propose for AMVS5. I'll take submissions as usual and, if I detect some kind of theme or can make one according to what I have at the time, I'll introduce it to everyone and we'll discuss the possibilities. If it falls through, I'll keep taking clips and see what else comes up until everyone can agree on something. So as of now this year's concept is undecided; TBA.

On another note, I'll be at Five Guys Thursday night. Those of you attending, see you there. ;)
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:55 pm

I'm really thinking that everyone is halted at the 'family guy' part of the explanation and not getting what I really meant. It really isn't anything to do with Family Guy at all, I just used that to explain the prospect of how it is laid out, as in we voice act an actual fanparody, like how Evangelion Redeath is, cutting it together as such and doing the legwork to write a plot and assemble voice actors and such, and then allow for semi-related side jokes. What we would do though is have the asides LIKE Family Guy does, not actual Family Guy audio or ideas or whatever unless someone thought Family Guy clips would work, but that would be entirely their choice.

Granted this is simultaneously limiting because it must fit the parody in the sense of a reference, but also it can be a fun challenge to fit something in the writing depending on the clip. For example, if you consider all the various clips in AMVS4, you could rather easily do an aside statement to every single one of them. Granted it's just an idea, it would have to be played around with, but honestly, I'm all for a separate side project that's actually a fanparody. I mean I've kind of come to terms with the fact that EVERY CLIP I do is basically a small fanparody, not really an AMV. Even my musical ones aren't AMV-based but parody-based.

Either way, like I said, it could just be a separate project with people doing their own level of involvement. It could even take a couple years in small increments of work if necessary so that AMVS isn't set aside. I'm all for it, and if you're an aspiring voice actor InspZenigata, that works well. Really the only thing I'm worried about is if it's done, people getting egos about either A) Their voice, or B) Their jokes. If something isn't recorded right or their voice doesn't work, it just means they can't be used for certain roles, and if a joke just isn't as funny as it could be, the biggest parody-killer is someone settling for something. While I love the AMVS work, there are jokes that can and should have been refined and made stronger. The point of a team really is to refine everything from multiple perspectives, and AMVS is kind of like half-team, half-individual, while an actual parody project would be entirely team-based, so a shift in perspective would be necessary to make it function, especially when organized online. If I'm not mistaken, the crews for This Is Otakudom and Evangelion Redeath and such were friends who met up for real to do most of the work. Technology is MUCH more readily available now, and for much cheaper, so it would have to be a "Commitment to Awesome" so to speak from those involved :D

So considering the idea that AMVS5 would NOT be the fanparody, and continue being an AMV Hell style project, would those of you who didn't like that idea be interested in a fanparody as a separate project? Studying things like YuGiOh Abridged, DBZ Abridged and the original fanparodies would be a good foundation for determining what we want to do. The reference to using Family-Guy style 'cut to unrelated clip after being talked about by the characters' was my projecting a concept that hasn't been done in fanparodies before. Steam did it sort of, doing more of a Tarentino-style jump-between-plots, but this would be more fast-paced.

And as for the censored version, I am torn between both versions, I like the original more because censorship is censorship, but I did everything in my power to make it as funny as I could. Sadly I don't like the last secion, I really wish we could have kept in those 'fucks' in the background or I had more time to re-assemble the narrative on top of them so it was clearer. For what it is though, I'm glad we could get it through. I just hope that the One Piece clip doesn't lose anything from the bleeps or whatever.
ImageImageImage

moonbunnychan
Org Profile

Post by moonbunnychan » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:23 pm

Ok just as an fyi, video 5 is in the hilton. Kinda a bummer about that since it gets much less traffic. It's like midnight, granted, but I'm sitting watching the gundam one and the room's like a quarter full.

moonbunnychan
Org Profile

Post by moonbunnychan » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:13 pm

Wow that went AMAZING, it got an even better reaction then I thought. That room was PACKED.

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:10 am

...moonbunnychan understated the point.

I'll give you the rndown when I get home but here are the highlights.
* the Gieco ads, especially the Ryo Ohki, popped big time.
* I think more than 90% of the entire video was laughed at.
* After the screening, I overheard someone saying as they left the room, "That AMV Salad thing made it worth me coming to this (fan parodies).
* The biggest pop came at the very end when the "Hypnotoad" AMVS5 teaser closed.
...and finally this...
*I foud out the room, which was filled beyond seating capacity, holds 1200 people! You do the math.

Anyhow, I'll holler at y'all Monday.

I'm SO VERY PROUD of you all!!!
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:05 am

I wish that I could have met more of you. I expected to see you guys near the front of the line, but sine I didn't know what anyone looked like, I couldn't find anyone. When that guy asked us to stand up, I noticed that some of you were really in the back. I only arrived 20 minutes before the screening, but when I spoke to him, he allowed me to bypass the line.

Also, I'm glad that my Kyoka Bunch video got a few laughs. It was really meant to be more amusing than LOL funny, so when a girl yelled out that she got the joke, I felt really relieved.
Last edited by Kireblue on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:07 am

When can we expect a download of this? I've been dying to check it out for about a month now. xD

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”