Diagonal cookie cutter????

xAMVLoverx
Org Profile

Diagonal cookie cutter????

Post by xAMVLoverx » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:40 am

hi everybody i'm new here so i don't know if this topic is the right one anyway i really need to know how to do this effect i tried to figure it out myself but nothing-_- i think it/s cookie cutter but it can take that diagonal direction???O.O here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndKpgvTU5WM
example is at 0:28 0:29 or 3:33 3:34 and also what are those small white squares moving at 0:42 0:44??cookie cutter as well?? pls help thx XD

Mastamind
Org Profile

Re: Diagonal cookie cutter????

Post by Mastamind » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:20 pm

No, cookie cutter can't take a diagonal direction... You should be able to do it easily with masking though. See this thread for more help.

xAMVLoverx
Org Profile

Post by xAMVLoverx » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:21 pm

I already saw that thread and i don't think it's the same thing cos that ones are borders made in photoshop^^ at 1:29 1:30 they don't look like borders to me but like cookie cutter i want to know how to bring cookie cutter to that diagonal direction^^i'm pretty sure that is diagonal cookie cutter but i need the advice of a professional sony vegas user on how to do that-_- thx for helping anyway xD

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:07 pm

With bezier masking you can make a mask that is any shape, any angle. It can be simple, or as complex as you like. I use it all the time to cut a hole in a clip/image, or to take a character out of one thing and put them in another.

http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-use-b ... as-191416/
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Mastamind
Org Profile

Post by Mastamind » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:12 pm

Mastamind wrote:No, cookie cutter can't take a diagonal direction... You should be able to do it easily with masking though. See this thread for more help.
Ok, the thing is that you can't use cookie cutter in Vegas to open up diagnolly like that. It doesn't take a professional to know that, if you've experimented a bit with the effect you'll see there's no way to do it. And I doubt that video was made with Sony Vegas either.
I'm not saying you can't do it Vegas (you can, and it's pretty simple), you just have to mask. If you don't know how to, follow HalofBorg's link. All you have to do is mask the diagonal bar you want, set a keyframe, and then set another keyframe at the end point, with the bar open. If you want the border, copy and paste that mask onto a solid color from the Media Generators tab, and put it on a layer below. All you have to do is make the bar in the solid color's mask a little bigger, and you get a kind of outline effect.

xAMVLoverx
Org Profile

Post by xAMVLoverx » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:09 pm

I actually know how to masking but OMG this will take ages to make it-_-i was thinking there was an easier way-_-how come editors choose those complicated effects??-_-they are completely crazy lol btw they never answer if ya ask them how to do certain effects^^XD well i have vegas and i'm sure that video was made with this program^^i'll follow ur advice and try with masking but of course if somebody know about an easier way to make this effect let me know please^^ thx you xD

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:39 pm

.. confused ! -- are you talking about the image skewing in the background or
something else at 0:28 & 0:29?
if its just the Skewing of the background, there are plug-ins for that.

xAMVLoverx
Org Profile

Post by xAMVLoverx » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:47 pm

Yes i'm talking about the images in the background they open up diagonally it really looks like cookie cutter to me^^ but from the replies i had there's no way to bring cookie cutter in that diagonal direction-_-you can see another example at 0:33^^ i actually tried to do that with masking like i have been told but nothing there's no way to make it look like that and it really takes too much time and work i dun think the editor did waste all this time making this in the vid-_-and anyway which plug-in are you talking about??O.O tell me pls thx^^

Mastamind
Org Profile

Post by Mastamind » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:07 pm

Ok, I guess it probably sounds kinda complicated so I made a little step-by step explanation. The pictures are under spoiler tags:

First, you have your background. In this case, it'll be the awesome face I just happened to have. The thing that'll open up diagonally is the space pic, which is on the top layer:
Spoiler :
Next, create a mask like this on the space image...
Spoiler :
...and then place a keyframe at the end, and edit the mask to look like this:
Spoiler :
Now drag a solid color on a layer under the space image.
Spoiler :
Copy and paste the mask keyframes from the space picture onto the purple solid. Now just zoom in a little, so you have a border like this...
Spoiler :
And you're done :awesome:

It's actually really easy, once you do it once or twice you'll get the hang of it and should be able to do in a couple of seconds. Hope this makes it easier :up:

xAMVLoverx
Org Profile

Post by xAMVLoverx » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:22 am

well yes that's really help of course i have to practice-_-thx so much xDD

Return to “Effects & Techniques”